Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBench Antwon Blake Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bench Antwon Blake

Go down 
+23
EbonySteel86
solardave
Lokki
fer69
Chaotic Zen
lotas
PhantomJB93
steelcrazy
El-Gonzo Jackson
FrancoLambert
effyou515
SteelersCanada
Steel Peon
Hawaii 5-0
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
pczach
WCSteeler
Atlanta Dan
WVABE
IowaSteeler927
ImperialFan
jak341
Fire Arians
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:55 pm

Seriously he's not getting it done, somewhere down the line he forgot how to tackle, I'd say bench his ass already. He's Bryant Toast McFadden v2
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:56 pm

Seconded.

How many times did a Seattle receiver walk untouched into the endzone.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:57 pm

I say we give him a 3 year 30 million dollar contract to sit on the bench and be a cheer leader.

IowaSteeler927

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:58 pm

I'm done with his ass as well. Had enough of seeing him get burned, being out of position, missing tackles, and wiffing on tackles because he tries to throw big hits instead of wrapping up. Enough is enough.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:58 pm

jak341 wrote:
Seconded.

Or catch a pass in the endzone without a defender within 10 yards. Or Allowing a crosser and instead of tackling try to play patty cake and let him run for a TD 60 yards later lol.

Russell Wilson isn't a bad QB and all, but he aint the type that should be hanging 5 TD's on your defense unless you absolutely suck
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:00 pm

jak341 wrote:
Seconded.

I think I saw them do a backwards crab walk while juggling a football and 2  bowling pins while reciting the pledge of allegiance in Swahili  into the fucking endzone 5 times today.

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:03 pm

He's totally lost on the field, he has to be benched.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:03 pm

Tomlin spinning this in the post game will be interesting
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:05 pm

Time for Boykin, or hell even the rookie can't do as badly as Blake has.

Gay / Cockrell starting outside with Boykin in the slot sounds a lot better than any combo with Blake at this point.

And anyone else think Golden is outplaying Will Allen?
Back to top Go down
WCSteeler

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:05 pm

Bench Blake and put who in? One of the CBs the Steelers picked up in the draft?
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:09 pm

This is why some of us have been baffled by him being a starter from the beginning. He has not shown any improvement. He keeps doing the same horrible things on the field over and over again.

Just to be fair, he wasn't the only player on the field making mistakes, but he does things on a regular basis that are nearly unexplainable when you consider that he is surely being coached to learn, adjust, or improve technique in all areas of play. Recognition, coverage, jamming, tackling, breaking on the ball, knowing assignments in zone coverage, etc..

He's not getting better, and continues to be the weakest link in the chain.

ImperialFan

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:10 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Tomlin spinning this in the post game will be interesting

"Obviously mistakes were made all around, the reason I tried a fake 44 yard FG up 3-0 in the first quarter is because....uhmmm Oh fuck it, I've been hearing voices ever since the Hall of game, I've been haunted by the ghost of Sam Adams, and oh yeah I quit and Sam said Boykin is a double agent sent by Philly to allow other teams make no name QBs look like Joe Montana"

Fire Arians

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:10 pm

WCSteeler wrote:

Replace him on the outside with Cockrell. Boykin and Grant can handle the slot
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:11 pm

pczach wrote:
This is why some of us have been baffled by him being a starter from the beginning. He has not shown any improvement. He keeps doing the same horrible things on the field over and over again.

Just to be fair, he wasn't the only player on the field making mistakes, but he does things on a regular basis that are nearly unexplainable when you consider that he is surely being coached to learn, adjust, or improve technique in all areas of play. Recognition, coverage, jamming, tackling, breaking on the ball, knowing assignments in zone coverage, etc..

I'm not so sure if he is being coached.

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:12 pm

Man where was all this outcry when some of us were saying to bench him like 5 weeks ago?

Anyway, I'm tired of trying to understand our coaching staff for this season.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:15 pm

WVABE wrote:
He's totally lost on the field, he has to be benched.

Blake's new position can be Left Out...
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Blake had a bad game, but Cockrell was burned just as much, in case anyone hadn't noticed. Hell, our whole defense got burned all damn day, with a plethora of missed tackles. LOS was controlled well, but past that was a shit salad.

pczach

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:16 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
pczach wrote:

He's being coached by one of the best safeties in the history of this great franchise. He was a versatile player that also played corner when needed, and played it well. He knows what he's doing. He understands the secondary in a way that most coaches never will because he has played every position in the secondary, and knows every assignment of every player in this secondary with first-hand knowledge of how to play the position in every scenario imaginable.

Simply put.......he's being coached.

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:17 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
WCSteeler wrote:

nope,rather nope replace bad with bad
Back to top Go down
WCSteeler

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:17 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
WCSteeler wrote:

nope,rather nope replace bad with bad
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:20 pm

pczach wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
pczach wrote:

He's being coached by one of the best safeties in the history of this great franchise. He was a versatile player that also played corner when needed, and played it well. He knows what he's doing. He understands the secondary in a way that most coaches never will because he has played every position in the secondary, and knows every assignment of every player in this secondary with first-hand knowledge of how to play the position in every scenario imaginable.

Simply put.......he's being coached.

Tomlin has a hunch that blake shouldnt be coached and ordered a complete coaching and media black out for blake, then also ordered 3 pizzas and went to the pizza place asking for the goat sub he ordered.

SteelersCanada

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:40 pm

He's a liability on the field.

I refuse to believe that Grant and Boykin are bigger liabilities than him on the field. No, I don't see practises. No, I don't sit in the film room with Lake and Tomlin. But, no, I don't believe that the secondary would somehow be worse off with those two in the game.

Blake is also far from the only problem on this team. Will Allen isn't an NFL safety any longer. This team also lacks a true ROLB capable of winning the edge consistently on every down.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 9:22 pm

Steelers need better quality DB help their starting nickel backs to be their starting CB.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:31 pm

[quote="Fire Arians"]Time for Boykin, or hell even the rookie can't do as badly as Blake has.

Gay / Cockrell starting outside with Boykin in the slot sounds a lot better than any combo with Blake at this point.

And anyone else think Golden is outplaying Will Allen?[/quote]

I do.  He was terrible today.  

Blake is a disaster....Cockrell's a shade or two better.

Boykin's an unknown commodity.

Willie Gay's the best of the lot by a long shot.

Our secondary sucks.  Bench Antwon Blake 1704048833
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:47 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Time for Boykin, or hell even the rookie can't do as badly as Blake has.

And anyone else think Golden is outplaying Will Allen?

Yes, I was at the game and I noticed the seams in the Seahawks pass defense, their safeties broke on the pass and closed hard to shut down those lanes. The Steeler safeties don't close them down and allow some big windows to throw in.

Seeing Blake in person is worse than on TV. He missed a tackle on Rawls that was embarrassing, but his allowing receptions was even more pitiful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bench Antwon Blake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bench Antwon Blake   Bench Antwon Blake Empty

Back to top Go down

Bench Antwon Blake
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next