Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIke and his apparent memory loss Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ike and his apparent memory loss

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Ike and his apparent memory loss Empty
PostSubject: Ike and his apparent memory loss   Ike and his apparent memory loss EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 9:44 pm

So I read this article and how upset Ike is over his pay cut:

PITTSBURGH -- The pay cut that Ike Taylor agreed to so he could stay in Pittsburgh apparently hit the Steelers cornerback in more than just the wallet.

"Did it hurt me? Hell, yeah," Taylor said Monday on "The Jim Rome Show."

More from ESPN.com

Considering he didn't make it an issue previously, Ike Taylor's comments about his contract are baffling, Scott Brown writes. Story

"Does it still hurt? Yeah, it hurts, but hopefully I can go in and bounce back this year, do what I need to on the field, and we will see what happens after."

Taylor, who is entering the final year of his contract, spoke out for the first time about the pay cut that cost him $4.25 million to remain with the organization that drafted him in 2003. During organized team activities and minicamp, he had not expressed any dissatisfaction with having his base salary reduced from $7 million to $2.75 million. That changed, however, when he went on Rome's nationally syndicated show.

"I'm (ticked) off about it, still am (ticked) off about it, and I'm going to be (ticked) off until the end of the season about it," said Taylor, who along with safety Troy Polamalu is the longest-tenured player on the Steelers. "It's like you get to a point: 'Why me?' Like, I didn't show my loyalty? You want to talk about a guy who's going to come in in-shape, not waiting to build up into shape when he gets to camp.

"Or you want to talk about a guy who's unselfish and puts his team before his family and friends, you want to talk about a guy who has loyalty -- yeah, it's me. When you come to me and ask me for a pay cut, I'm like, 'Damn, out of all these people, you want to ask Ike?' " read more:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11161699/ike-taylor-pittsburgh-steelers-upset-taking-pay-cut

A few months ago:

Taking a pay cut wasn’t an issue,” said Taylor after finishing up a workout in Florida with Coach Tom Shaw, his offseason training guru. “Towards the end of the contract you are going to get released or asked to take a pay cut. I look it as I have been paid enough money for them to ask me for a pay cut. Being where I am, I feel like the money part wasn’t an issue.
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Taylor-My-name-belongs-on-a-Steelers-jersey/62d72461-111f-481b-bcf9-b2e9a5333144

Will the real Ike Taylor please stand up?

Ike and his apparent memory loss We_bel10
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ike and his apparent memory loss   Ike and his apparent memory loss EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:00 am

Well if you're that upset about it, play your arse off during the season and go sign somewhere else.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ike and his apparent memory loss 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Ike and his apparent memory loss   Ike and his apparent memory loss EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:12 pm

Those are some bizarre statements compared with what he said earlier.  Ike and his apparent memory loss 2829330259

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ike and his apparent memory loss   Ike and his apparent memory loss EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:03 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Well if you're that upset about it, play your arse off during the season and go sign somewhere else.

Exactly. How old are you Ike? This is a business son. You've lost a step or 2 and you can't CATCH!!! Ike and his apparent memory loss 1797695198 
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Ike and his apparent memory loss   Ike and his apparent memory loss EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:40 am

Well then I take back my previous comments about Ike and I will resume disliking him and his play immensely. And all is right with the world.  Ike and his apparent memory loss 131212936 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ike and his apparent memory loss   Ike and his apparent memory loss Empty

Back to top Go down

Ike and his apparent memory loss
Page 1 of 1