Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2) - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2)   Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Bills drive: The thing this game has lacked for me from the Steelers perspective is getting the Bills to go 3 and out. Didn't happen here. Bills putting a little drive together here but is halted when the Steelers almost intercepted the pass on 3rd down. Bills missed the kick. Neat.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2)   Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Steelers drive: I am getting tired of seeing all of these flags, even though this one helped us. Bryant with a really nice catch there to be more physical than the DB. Great to finally see him make a play. Woof, very errant pass by Grad trying to link up with Moye. Maybe that was Jones' problem today: he didn't throw to Moye which worked so well for him last friendly. Good job on 3rd down by Grad to avoid the pressure and show his speed to pick up some yards. Suisham nails the FG (I guess that makes up for the missed extra point).

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2)   Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:59 pm

Bills drive: Did we just get a 3 and out? I think we did. Big Country almost got a sack (since the tackle started behind the LOS, I'm going to call it a snack).

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2)   Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Got to watch the replay on NFL Network today. Here's my quick takes from the game:

1. First string offense looked good
2. Defense seems to have their stride. So much even some of the late gamers (aka 3-4th stringers) are going to make decisions difficult
3. Shaziers who? Oh yeah, it was one of those picks back in May. But right now he's making the Steelers FO look great. I'm impressed with natural abilities. Can't wait to see what he can do once he learns the defensive playbook.
4. STs still need help, and as always I prefer a punter than can nail the corner kick. Our punter didn't look too bad but I guess STs is always my critical point
5. Jones, Howard Jones, the Shepherd University alum, is a bright spot on the late players and I can see him making an impact on STs and as backup on defense.
6. Is there any doubt that Archer will be returning kicks and punts this year?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2) - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2)   Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Steelers drive: Grad goes up top to Bryant but the throw was a little too inside for Bryant to catch it (I'll let him off the hook for that one). 3 and out, again.  Sleep Sleep Sleep 

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2)   Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Bills drive: The QB is able to scamper on 3rd down for a first down. Gotta be able to stop these QBs or Johnny Football is going to run all over us. The first down sparked another play that goes for 15 yards. This is not what you want from the defense with time winding down. Wow, on 2nd down that should have been an interception but ended up being a completion. Doh. 3rd and 9 and just as I was about to pull some hair out for letting the QB out of the pocket, there was holding on the play. Big Country makes the tackle on 3rd down. Bills make the field goal to tie up the game with under 2. Time to see the 2 min drill by Grad and the crew.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2)   Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Steelers drive: Nice pass and catch on first down to move the chains. Ball was exactly where it needed to be. Good pass on 2nd down to Bryant, was hoping to see him do more with it after the catch (just not as much as last week). Very nice run by Gradkowski there. He's not forcing the ball and taking what the defense gives him. Interception kills the the drive after Bryant tipped the ball up into the air. Bummer.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2)   Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Bills drive: After moving the chains on first down, Garvin almost creates a turnover. Great pressure there. Holy cow! What a play where Jones picked up the football. Jones showing why he doesn't play offense as he did everything possible to loss the ball. This guy is like a hungry hungry hippo when the ball is on the ground and he is on the field.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2)   Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:21 pm

Steelers drive: Smart play to center the ball instead of trying to punch it in and potentially lose the ball. Suisham is money and the Steelers win the friendly! Woohoo!

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2)   Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Bills game thread (Preseason Week 2)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2