Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeUPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 3:26 pm

EDIT
UPDATE: It seems that Keisel snubbed the Cardinals and has been signed by the Steelers, according to Adam Schefter.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

wait for it ...

Yep, you guessed it.

Quote :
Former Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel was flying to Arizona on Tuesday to take a physical with the Cardinals, who are looking for depth after losing starter Darnell Dockett to a knee injury on Monday.

A free agent, Keisel, who turns 36 in September, played all 11 of his NFL seasons with the Steelers. Keisel, 6-feet-5-inches and 285 pounds, has considerable experience playing end in a 3-4 defense, which the Cardinals use. The Steelers had not ruled out re-signing Keisel at some point, if needed.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2014/08/19/brett-keisel-physical-arizona-cardinals/14292937/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 6:35 pm

yea Da Beard! He belongs in Pitt and should retire in the black and gold. UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 792589548 

Hmmmm.....I wonder who is going to lose his roster spot???

Also, WHY IS AZ ALWAYS TRYING TO TAKE OUR PLAYERS??? Will someone please answer this question? Do they not have talent scouts? This was going on long before Arians was there. I know it's not logical to be pissed, but I am.

Seriously, why do they always try to steal our players?

UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Gingerchip wrote:

Seriously, why do they always try to steal our players?

I don't know if it is as much STEAL as it is SLOPPY SECONDS  UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 755331329 

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Quote :
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Steelers and DE Brett Keisel have reached agreement. Keisel back to Pittsburgh, per league source.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 6:43 pm

That all happened between the time I posted that response, took a bite of dinner, and reloaded the page. Wow.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 6:51 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
That all happened between the time I posted that response, took a bite of dinner, and reloaded the page.   Wow.

UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 1664291743 

I had the update almost ready earlier, but then I got a phone call and stepped away for a few minutes. (For you youngsters, a phone call is when you actually talk on your phone to ... oh, never mind).

I would have beat you to it otherwise.

For anyone feeling sorry for the Cardinals, no need to worry ... the Steelers will be releasing more players here soon.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Well now that's he's back....

Can't say he'll get a lot of playing time with the young talent we have on the team but it's only right to keep him in Steel Town!

solardave

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 2:12 am

Experience and leadership. That's what he brings. Oh yeah, dabeard too. UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 1797695198 
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 2:40 am

^^^This^^^

Never ever underestimate leadership

UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 8:41 am

@EdBouchette: Steelers did not bring Keisel back to sit on bench, and he did not return to do so.

This worries me. He should be playing in very limited capacity at this point as we have young talent to develop. Hopefully he will be accepting to taking a reduced on the field role and an increased leader/mentor role.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Oh, you didn't know? Your arse better call somebody...THE BEARD IS BACK   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:51 pm

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Keisel-It-means-a-lot-to-be-back/9ebe6fdd-d157-42e0-8b74-436010e063ac

Quote :
Brett Keisel is happy to be staying in the black and gold.

For Brett Keisel, there really is no place like home and that is where he is going to be after the veteran defensive end signed a two-year contract with the Steelers.

“It means a lot to be back,” said Keisel, who spent the offseason as an unsigned free agent. “There really is no place like here, no place like home. It was tough, just the unknown. For them to give me the opportunity to come back means a lot to me and I can’t wait to get back to work. I still have a little time to not only get to know these men I am going to go to battle with, but just get back into football stuff. I feel great. I have been training my tail off with the thought that I am going to be back. It looks like all of that training has paid off.”

I feel like our defense just meaner!

And hairier!!!  UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 1372836603   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 1647293567   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 1372836603   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 1647293567 
 UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 175256714 
 UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 3056903510   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 792589548 UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 98245350   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 59467727   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 2906524739 UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 2287965686   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 1948569602   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 348340646   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 3655783648 

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Damn and I posted a whole new thread!  No 

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:58 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
@EdBouchette: Steelers did not bring Keisel back to sit on bench, and he did not return to do so.

This worries me.  He should be playing in very limited capacity at this point as we have young talent to develop.  Hopefully he will be accepting to taking a reduced on the field role and an increased leader/mentor role.

I think you'll see him on the field in multiple packages, more as a dual player role and not a back seat player.

I have no problem with him coming back with that mentality but like you, I hope he accepts a reduced role.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 3:49 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Damn and I posted a whole new thread!   No 

Merged.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers   UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Schefter says Keisel signs with Steelers
Page 1 of 1