Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeUPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals

Go down 
+4
fer69
steelerdude15
stlrtruck
Wallace108
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Quote :
Posted by Mike Wilkening

How’s this for a little AFC North intrigue?

The Bengals and ex-Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison are meeting Thursday, Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer and Mike Garofolo of USA Today reported Thursday. The Steelers released the 35-year-old Harrison in March and have moved on from him, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported in March.

Harrison starred as an outside linebacker in the Steelers’ 3-4 scheme. Cincinnati, meanwhile, employs a 4-3 front. He could project as a strong-side linebacker in the Bengals’ base defense as well as a defensive end in passing situations. Manny Lawson, who started on the strong side for the Bengals in 2012, departed in free agency.

The Bengals, who want to build via the draft, spent the early portion of free agency retaining their own players. However, they have started to shop a little more of late, with Karlos Dansby, Akeem Jordan and Felix Jones among the players they have met.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/11/bengals-james-harrison-meet/

While I don't want to see him sign with any AFC North team, if he does, I'd rather see him with the Bengals than the Ravens.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 3:47 pm

UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals 2893009358 UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals 263681790

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 3:48 pm

I don't think he'll sign anywhere until the start of pre-season, and then only if another LB gets injured. Just my thoughts.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 12:09 am

It will be interesting to see where he goes. I have a feeling he'll be staying in this division.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:00 am

Bengals getting closer to deal with James Harrison

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 14, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT

James Harrison’s unemployment may be coming to an end.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Bengals will try to complete a deal this week with Harrison, the 34-year-old outside linebacker who has spent his entire career with the Steelers.

Harrison met with the Bengals last week, and Cincinnati appears to be the team that has the most interest in him. Harrison hasn’t generated a lot of attention in free agency since turning down a pay cut with the Steelers and getting cut as a result.

The Bengals have been trying to add a veteran linebacker and were also interested in Karlos Dansby, but according to Schefter, Harrison looks like he’s going to be easier (which presumably means cheaper) to sign. Harrison is coming off a 2012 season in which he had 6.0 sacks, his fewest since becoming a starter in 2007.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/14/bengals-getting-closer-to-deal-with-james-harrison/

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:24 am

This is a typical Bungles move. Harrison is a linebacker on the downside of his career who doesn't fit in their defense. Brilliant move.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:53 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
This is a typical Bungles move. Harrison is a linebacker on the downside of his career who doesn't fit in their defense. Brilliant move.

Yeah, but I still think he has a little left in the tank. Just imagine what he would do to the Steelers if he does indeed play for the Bengals. I bet he'll want revenge.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:35 am

steelerdude15 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Yeah, but I still think he has a little left in the tank. Just imagine what he would do to the Steelers if he does indeed play for the Bengals. I bet he'll want revenge.

And I'll bet he takes a few penalties along the way that hurt them.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:54 am

stlrtruck wrote:
steelerdude15 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

And I'll bet he takes a few penalties along the way that hurt them.

I hope he wouldn't want to hurt any of his former players. UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals 1426860608

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:14 pm

steelerdude15 wrote:
I hope he wouldn't want to hurt any of his former players. UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals 1426860608
Harrison knows only one way to play the game.

But I still don't think he'll be effective in a 4-3. There's a reason why we haven't seen very many teams going after him. If teams felt that he could still play at a high level and that he could fit their system, we'd see teams knocking each other over to sign him.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:02 pm

hope he signs for less money then what the Steelers offered him. UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals 1378315869

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:19 am

effyou515 wrote:
hope he signs for less money then what the Steelers offered him. UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals 1378315869

me too! UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals 1647293567

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Quote :
Bengals would welcome James Harrison because 'he hates Steelers now'

Joe Reedy
USA TODAY Sports

Most of the Cincinnati Bengals were back at Paul Brown Stadium as the nine-week offseason conditioning program kicked off this week. Most of the discussion, however, revolved around two players who were not there.

One could be signing any moment now while the other remains up in the air.

Talks between the Bengals and linebacker James Harrison resumed on Monday with the anticipation that a deal could be struck at any time.

For a defense has finished in the top 10 three of the last four years, the addition of Harrison would give the Bengals more of a national identity. He also brings a mean streak the Bengals defense has not had in awhile.

"He would fit right in over here. One of the things I like about him is he brings that intensity and swagger to the defense," defensive tackle Domata Peko said. "Whenever I watch him play, he is knocking people's heads off. That's what you want on that team. With Michael Johnson, Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins, those are a lot of playmakers out there and to add someone like Harrison would be awesome for us."

Dunlap, much like most Bengals fans, would like the addition of Harrison because of the havoc he could impose on his former team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, twice a year. Just seeing how Harrison has played against the Baltimore Ravens, who cut him before he went to the Steelers, could be an indication.

Of Harrison's 64 sacks, 11 have been against the Ravens, which is the most he has against any team. Second are the Bengals at nine.

"He hates the Steelers now, and that's somebody we need on our side," Dunlap said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2013/04/16/bengals-would-welcome-steelers-hater-james-harrison/2087501/

Uh ... OK.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:29 am

Quote :
Harrison’s talks with Bengals “not going well”

Posted by Darin Gantt

What seemed like a natural fit might not be coming together quite as smoothly as expected.

According to Mike Garafolo of USA Today, negotiations between linebacker James Harrison and the Bengals are “not going well,” and not much progress has been made.

It looked like a deal was close earlier this week, but close might have meant 95 percent.

Harrison needs a gig after being cut by the Steelers in lieu of a pay cut he should have taken, and he was already stood up by the Ravens after they found a younger alternative in Elvis Dumervil. So if the Bengals deal falls through, he’ll either have to beg the Browns for a chance, or leave the division he’s always known.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/16/harrisons-talks-with-bengals-not-going-well/

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:14 am

Greed...it's not good.

I'm guessing we will see him alongside Ray Lewis on ESPN?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:52 am

I can't blame him for wanting more money.Woodley already made more than harrison and can still sign another good contract, and unlike Woodley Harrison always played his ass off and never took plays off. So why not ask for the money he's earned and deserves? UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals 2087824411 He'll always be one of my favorite players

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:24 pm

fer69 wrote:
I can't blame him for wanting more money.Woodley already made more than harrison and can still sign another good contract, and unlike Woodley Harrison always played his ass off and never took plays off. So why not ask for the money he's earned and deserves? UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals 2087824411 He'll always be one of my favorite players
I agree with your assessment comparing him with Woodley, but it doesn't matter what Harrison has earned and what he feels he deserves. A team isn't going to pay him based on what he's done in the past. They'll pay him what they think he's worth now and what they think he can do for them going forward. Sure, Harrison can ask for what he feels he earned and deserves, but as you can see, no team is giving it to him. If he ends up playing next season, more than likely, he'll be playing for about the same (if not less) than he could have played for in Pittsburgh.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:03 pm

I guess you're right Wally. He should have taken the damn pay cut

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:25 pm

fer69 wrote:
I guess you're right Wally. He should have taken the damn pay cut
I agree. I wish he would have taken the cut and stayed for at least another year. I don't think either side won. Harrison isn't going to get what he feels he deserves, and the Steelers now have another immediate need.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 2:25 pm

Well, he signed and tweeted hello to Cincinnati.

Ugh........I think we should have kept him one more year.

Honestly, I am worried about the Steelers this year more than I have ever been in the past.

In my opionion, the team is looking more and more like the ensemble of the "Bad News Bears"

UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals Images10[/url]

UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Quote :
Harrison headed to Cincinnati

By Mike Bires

Former Steelers linebacker James Harrison will still be playing in the AFC North Division next season. He has reached an agreement with the Cincinnati Bengals.

“Whodey!!! Hello Cincinnati!!!” Harrison tweeted on his Twitter account.

Harrison, who’ll turn 35 on May 4, has agreed to a two-year contract.

A right side outside linebacker in the Steelers’ 3-4 defense, Harrison will have to make a transition in Cincinnati. The Bengals play a 4-3 base defense.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/harrison-headed-to-cincinnati/article_c39ae260-a9bc-11e2-b9de-001a4bcf6878.html

I'm curious to see how he makes the transition. Best of luck Silverback. Except during two games, of course.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 12:56 am

I just hope the "Steeler Hater" shit isn't true. I really like James, and I think that point of view is absolute bullshit. If that IS indeed the case with him, he can go shit in his hat. If not, I hope he has a good couple of years in Cinci.

Well, 14 games a year + possible playoff appearances, of course.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:53 am

Does anyone know what the contract is worth?

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:32 am

fer69 wrote:
As far as I know, financial terms haven't been reported yet.

bayz101 wrote:
I just hope the "Steeler Hater" shit isn't true. I really like James, and I think that point of view is absolute bullshit. If that IS indeed the case with him, he can go shit in his hat. If not, I hope he has a good couple of years in Cinci.

Well, 14 games a year + possible playoff appearances, of course.
I get what you're saying, but I chalk it up to James being James. Sure, he's probably harboring some resentment for being let go, but as I said earlier, he knows only one way to play. And he hates every team except the one he's playing for. So right now, the Steelers are the enemy. We loved that mentality when he played for the Steelers, and we shouldn't be surprised that he has the same mentality now that he's a Bengal.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:16 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
fer69 wrote:
As far as I know, financial terms haven't been reported yet.

I don't think is the deal they really wanted or else his people would've leaked that info already imo

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals   UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals Empty

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Harrison signs with Bengals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next