Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)

Go down 
+3
stlrtruck
Crash
Wallace108
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:41 am

Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) Gameday_header_panthers_45031

One more day until we find out what this team is made of. Will we see the team that dominated the Browns in the first half? Or will we see that other team ... you know the one.

For those who will be on during the game, there are two options for discussion. You can participate either in this thread or in the chatbox, which is located at the bottom of the forum. Only Steelers Xtreme members who are logged in are able to view the chatbox. PM one of the admins if you have any questions about it.

HERE WE GO! Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) 3056903510

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:43 am

31-9 Panthers.

A mauling.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 3:13 am

mrcrash wrote:
31-9 Panthers.  

A mauling.

We need to come up with some kind of bet. Are you willing to give me the Steelers and 20 points?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 8:43 am

I call this the rebound game. While the panthers have a stout running attack, I still believe the Steelers can and will step up to the calling.

Steelers 27
Panthers 17

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:09 am

Wallace108 wrote:
mrcrash wrote:
31-9 Panthers.  

A mauling.

We need to come up with some kind of bet. Are you willing to give me the Steelers and 20 points?

Don't insult me.

I don't root for the Steelers to lose.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 4:28 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
mrcrash wrote:
31-9 Panthers.  

A mauling.

Don't insult me.  

You may not root for them to lose, but it sounds like you expect them to lose every Sunday.

Fine line right there.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 4:41 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
mrcrash wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
mrcrash wrote:
31-9 Panthers.  

A mauling.

Don't insult me.  

You may not root for them to lose, but it sounds like you expect them to lose every Sunday.

Fine line right there.

I said before he coached one game for this team that The Steelers will go 8-8 for as long as Todd Haley is here if he insists on being "the show".

He is, and they have.

Again, not my fault.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 5:22 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Don't insult me.  

I'm not asking you to root for them to lose. You're confident that they're going to get squashed, so I asked if you're interested in a friendly bet. I'm not ashamed to say that I've bet against the Steelers before ... with the thought that I win either way. Either the Steelers win, or I win a bet. It's not like I was rooting for them to lose just so I could win a bet.

Here's the bet, if you choose to accept it ...

Since you're confident the Panthers will crush us, give me the Steelers and 20 points. If you win, I'll sport a Bruce Arians avatar for a week. If I win, you'll sport a Todd Haley avatar for a week.

Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 5:33 pm

Quote :
I'm not ashamed to say that I've bet against the Steelers before

Cash? Then you aren't a fan. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 5:45 pm

mrcrash wrote:
Quote :
I'm not ashamed to say that I've bet against the Steelers before

Cash?  Then you aren't a fan.  Sorry.  

No, bottles of pop at work. Me and some of my co-workers bet on everything, and the winner always gets a pop. The last time I bet against the Steelers was in the Super Bowl. Yeah, it was worth losing a Super Bowl just so I could get a free bottle of Coke. Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) 3939274466

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 5:48 pm

I think the length of time and patience Wally extolls with you while debating the Steelers, is proof positive he is a fan...

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
I think the length of time and patience Wally extolls with you while debating the Steelers, is proof positive he is a fan...

Actually, I don't have a lot of patience. I just sedate myself with lots of beer. Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) 1797695198

Mmmmmm, beer. I'll be back.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Drizztbob wrote:

Actually, I don't have a lot of patience. I just sedate myself with lots of beer. Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) 1797695198

Mmmmmm, beer. I'll be back.

And now a days it's REAL beer, not that beer flavored water Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) 3798349058

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 8:03 pm

mrcrash wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
mrcrash wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
mrcrash wrote:
31-9 Panthers.  

A mauling.

Don't insult me.  

Fine line right there.

I said before he coached one game for this team that The Steelers will go 8-8 for as long as Todd Haley is here if he insists on being "the show".  

He is, and they have.  

Again, not my fault.  

And as has been pointed out, you see Haley as a failure and that's all you want to see. You don't want to see hope with Haley at the helm because that would me you are wrong. To be honest I look forward to the day that Haley's offense proves you wrong.

The Cardinals are a ball cap away.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 11:59 pm

Quote :
And as has been pointed out, you see Haley as a failure and that's all you want to see. You don't want to see hope with Haley at the helm because that would me you are wrong. To be honest I look forward to the day that Haley's offense proves you wrong.

Hopefully this will be the last season for this garbage.

His offense is a joke. It's always been a joke.

The ONLY year his offense wasn't a joke? Was when they ran the three wide offense Whiz insisted on in Arizona.

The exact offense that Haley does not prefer to run.

Four years as an NFL OC, he has one 9 win season.

That's a failure. Period.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 12:28 am

Crash, do we have a bet?

Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 12:36 am

Did you not read what I posted earlier?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 12:39 am

Yes. Did you not read what I posted earlier?

Yes or no ... do we have a bet?

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 2:59 am

Quote :
Can Steelers' Mitchell find Carolina cure?

By Joe Starkey

Maybe playing in Carolina will help Mike Mitchell play like he did in Carolina.

Or maybe he needs to be used differently.

Something better change, because the guy wearing No. 23 for the Steelers hardly looks like the big-play ballhawk who quarterbacked the Panthers' secondary last season and parlayed his performance into a $25 million slot at the back end of Dick LeBeau's defense.

Other than a goal-line hit on Steve Smith, Mitchell was only noticeable in the first two games when he was missing tackles.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6806723-74/mitchell-carolina-steelers#ixzz3Dvn70UyJ
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 7:01 am

I have tickets on the 50 yard line tonight. Really interested to see if it's a case of the defensive line getting manhandled or getting themselves in the wrong position.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 11:29 am

kirklandrules wrote:
I have tickets on the 50 yard line tonight. Really interested to see if it's a case of the defensive line getting manhandled or getting themselves in the wrong position.

Enjoy the game, Captain. I look forward to reading your analysis. Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) 230572241

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:07 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:

Enjoy the game, Captain. I look forward to reading your analysis. Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) 230572241

Here here!

And I just read something about beer.... now I want one.... but I have to wait.... stupid late games..... Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) 2913999526

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Anyone who is online during the game, join us in the chatbox. Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) 230572241

Note: Only registered members can view the chatbox.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:02 pm

Anemic, gross offense. I don't even want to watch the defense not stop anyone.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 11:37 pm

Defense went in to prevent, and that's not good.

Prefer LeBeau keep the pressure on

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)   Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Panthers thread (Week 3)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next