Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant   Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant Scb210

By SteelByDesign

Steelers rookie receiver Martavis Bryant wasted no time making an impact when he finally got a hat on Monday night against the Texans.

I said earlier this week that the Steelers tend to over-think decisions like whether or not to use Martavis Bryant. The kid is big and fast, let him run!

Ben Roethlisberger targeted Bryant down the field 3 times, and while only 1 of them resulted in a big play I was thoroughly impressed with the young receiver on all 3 passes. That’s not to say he’s ready to take Wheaton’s starting spot yet, but he could be a really valuable weapon.

The first target of Bryant’s NFL career was almost as impressive as his first catch, but his quarterback just overthrew him. Bryant comes out of his break and make a nice double move, and then turns on the jets to blow by the coverage.

You can see in the image above that Bryant has separation, and does a good job at looking over his shoulder to find the ball. Unfortunately he had no chance at making the catch. That being said, this is the type of play that can make a defensive coordinator think he better pay more attention to #10 and the deep part of the field. That will only make the run game and underneath game more effective.

READ MORE: http://www.steelcityblitz.com/2014/10/23/steelers-might-something-martavis-bryant/

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant   Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Quote :
With Big Ben lobbying for years for a bigger target, I have a feeling he could be heavily targeted by his quarterback. Bryant and Brown could eventually make for a really dangerous tandem

I was discussing this last night. Since Wallace left, who has been the target that has been able to stretch the field for us? Answer: no one. The guys we have are underneath shifty guys or one move guys. Bryant could be what BR7 needs to spread the field. Even if they aren't catches, it still makes the DBs respect what could happen to them 20+ yards down the field vs. guarding everything underneath.

Steelerella

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant   Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 1:18 pm

Bryant will take some pressure off of AB. I hope we keep him as our Y and move Moore/Wheaton to slot. That big outside guy could be great for Ben. I love taking chances deep to him.

Can you imagine AB/Bryant on the outside and Archer/Moore/Wheaton in the slots? Dangerous. Haley isn't using these guys right, IMO.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant   Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 6:52 am

I think the Steelers do have something in Martavis Bryant. Holy crap the dude can ball.

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant   Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 9:48 am

Oh, yeah, he's looking really good. I'm glad they brought him in when they did. It may have been good that they let him figure out the playbook and get up to speed through the first few games before throwing him in these games. I'd hate to have another Sweed on our hands if he was rushed in and made mistakes.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant   Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 3:11 pm

Just hope his performance this past week doesn't go to his head and he maintains focus, especially this week with the ratbirds coming to town.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant   Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Might Have Something in Martavis Bryant
Page 1 of 1