Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeReport: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant

Go down 
+13
effyou515
Crash
SteelerFreak58
Stella Nation
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
Lokki
Hawaii 5-0
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Bays
Steeler-in-west
JPPT1974
Wallace108
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Martavis Bryant wants to find a team that will use him more, which is why he asked for a trade before the deadline last season. The Steelers now appear open to a trade for the wide receiver at the right price, with Dan Graziano of ESPN reporting that the team has been “quietly listening to offers.”

The Steelers obviously would like to avoid sending him to Baltimore or New England, two teams that could use another talented receiver.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/26/report-steelers-listening-to-offers-for-martavis-bryant/
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Yet another disgruntled athlete who does not know he has it all. Good luck though.

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 pm

We’re not going to get good value for a playmaker like this. Specially with his history.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 10:03 pm

I don’t think we’d get enough value for him. Almost better to keep him around for a ride next year.

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 10:17 pm

Just traded him to Oakland for a third rounder. More than we got for Holmes.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 10:18 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Just traded him to Oakland for a third rounder. More than we got for Holmes.

Martavis Bryant Traded To Raiders For Third Round Pick

ByAlex Kozora
Posted on April 26, 2018

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/04/martavis-bryant-traded-to-raiders-for-third-round-pick/
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 10:20 pm

Deuces. I liked him a lot before his issues, but with JuJu's amazing start, Bryant became expendable.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 10:22 pm

Lokki wrote:
Deuces.  I liked him a lot before his issues, but with JuJu's amazing start, Bryant became expendable.  
Yep. If JuJu hadn't emerged last year, I wouldn't like it but I also trust our record on finding WR talent too. I think it's a good trade for us.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 10:28 pm

Never factored in the JuJu emergence, happier for that third rounder now!

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 10:31 pm

WINNING !!!  finally the steelers get something worth while for a player they know is leaving.  a third rounder is the best case outcome for a cry baby like bryant. this takes the sting off of not having a fourth. plus ALL the receivers are still on the board !  i'm fucking thrilled Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant 1372836603

FUUUUUCK....rashawn evan is now gone....so now i'm less thrilled ... Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant 3201610882

looks like all that's left is maybe a safety

or

could the steelers take the top wr on their board ... Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant 3135543967

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 10:38 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
WINNING !!!  finally the steelers get something worth while for a player they know is leaving.  a third rounder is the best case outcome for a cry baby like bryant. this takes the sting off of not having a fourth. plus ALL the receivers are still on the board !  i'm fucking thrilled Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant 1372836603

FUUUUUCK....rashawn evan is now gone....so now i'm less thrilled ... Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant 3201610882

I think if the Titans hadn't gotten him, the Ravens would have. You know Ozzie and Bama players.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 10:44 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I think if the Titans hadn't gotten him, the Ravens would have. You know Ozzie and Bama players.
i knew we were fucked when the cowboys took vander esch at 20. honestly i would have been happy if they traded up for tremaine edmunds when he started falling.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 10:48 pm

Not crazy about this move but i’ll trust the Steelers FO on this one. They know the locker room and Bryant was disruptive at times.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 10:49 pm

they should trade out of the 1st. somebody has got to want lamaar jackson.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 12:07 am

Steelers have an excellent record of pulling WRs later in the draft so maybe use the draft pick to get a better replacement

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 6:00 am

Awesome value for a player with off the field issues who's in his contract year. Great win.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 10:02 am

Thank you for your service Mr. Bryant. You got your wish and we got a good 3rd round pick.
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 11:37 am

So they have two vets under contract.

Why not sign Pryor then trade Bryant? It's obvious that Bryant's issues were with Todd Haley, as Bryant went on the record saying he wanted to stay 10 minutes after Haley was shown the door.

Not exactly the correct move if they are going "all in" before Ben retires.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 5:04 pm

I like the trade and another 3rd round pick. for me the draft is looking.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyWed May 02, 2018 1:33 pm

Roethlisberger 'caught off guard' by Steelers trading Bryant to Raiders

by Jack Browne

Ben Roethlisberger felt blindsided when the Steelers shipped Martavis Bryant off to the Oakland Raiders during the draft. This, despite the fact the star wideout briefly attempted to force a trade out of Pittsburgh earlier in the season.

"When I heard about Martavis, I was like 'Oh, man.' I really enjoyed playing with Martavis," Roethlisberger said, according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "I think he was a great weapon, he helped our offense, did some great things by attracting attention and making plays for us. I was kind of caught off guard, but teams have reasons for doing things.

to read rest of article:

https://www.thescore.com/news/1538302
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyMon May 07, 2018 8:25 pm

Kevin Colbert Explains Why Steelers Changed Their Minds About Dealing Martavis Bryant

By Matthew Marczi
Posted on May 7, 2018

The Pittsburgh Steelers, and General Manager Kevin Colbert in particular, seemed to be pretty adamant heading into the pre-draft process that they were going to go into the 2018 season with wide receiver Martavis Bryant on the roster. That all changed in the middle of the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft when Jon Gruden and the Oakland Raiders came calling with an offer they couldn’t refuse.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/05/kevin-colbert-explains-why-steelers-changed-their-minds-about-dealing-martavis-bryant/
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyWed May 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Jon Gruden: Martavis Bryant brings 'different dynamic'

By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL Writer
Published: May 9, 2018

Jon Gruden's Raiders spent the offseason importing a wave of new receiving threats for Derek Carr, signing Jordy Nelson and trading for Martavis Bryant and Ryan Switzer during the draft.

On the high side of the potential bell curve, combining Nelson's red-zone acumen and Bryant's field-stretching ability to Amari Cooper's do-everything skillset could provide Oakland the foundation of a stellar receiving corps.

to read rest of article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000932074/article/jon-gruden-martavis-bryant-brings-different-dynamic
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 1:01 am

Report: Raiders Fear Martavis Bryant Is Facing Suspension

By Alex Kozora
Posted on June 15, 2018

Not only did the Oakland Raiders give up a 3rd round pick to acquire Martavis Bryant, they may have done it to pick up a receiver facing another suspension. According to a report from the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the Raiders fear Bryant will soon face discipline from the league. The report writes:

“The Raiders fear potential NFL discipline might be imminent for wide receiver Martavis Bryant, sources said Thursday, inciting internal uneasiness at the conclusion of an otherwise encouraging spring workout program.

Multiple team officials declined comment as they left for a weekslong break before training camp, but they acknowledged the club is awaiting final word on the situation. It is believed to pertain to the NFL’s substance-abuse policy.”

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/06/report-raiders-fear-martavis-bryant-is-facing-suspension/
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 3:36 am

Looks like we came out on top in that trade. Gotta give the front office credit. I myself was a little uneasy when they first traded him because the kid has all the talent to be one of the best in the game when he has his head on straight. Seeing this article, even if it's just speculative at this point and nothing is official really isn't a good look for Bryant. Immature, and doesn't learn from his past mistakes. I'm glad we got a 3rd Round pick out of him instead of keeping him and potentially having this bomb dropped on us.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 11:30 am

If it is true, it needs to be stressed that the policy says "at least a year".

Bryant is done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next