Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats

Go down 
+4
SteelersYak
solardave
stlrtruck
Gingerchip
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 8:12 pm

Game balls:

Entire offense, especially  Big Ben, AB, Bell, Bryant, O line

Haley, yep, Haley

William Gay for defensive touchdown

Goats:

Cortez Allen

What a win!   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 2335737994  Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 792589548

Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats We_bel10
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Game balls:
Haley
Ben
AB
Bryant
O-line
Bell
Defensive front line
Linebackers
Blake for that INT late
Keisel (because he's got an awesome beard and it scares QBs)

Goats:
Cortez Allen
Polamalu (trying to shoulder tackle instead of wrapping up)
Blount (fumbling deep in the red zone)

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:31 pm

Wish I could have actually watched the game.  I tell you what though, Tunch does a great job of announcing games on Steeler radio.

I hope that they bring that same intensity next week.

As far as I'm concerned, it is our super bowl.

Btw, where is everyone?

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 2:05 am

Game balls: O line

Bell Ben
Bryant (this kid is going to be a stud)
AB
LBers (especially Timmons)
Keisel
Blake
Haley (for once he didn't let up)
Lebeau ( for keeping the hammer down and not letting our secondary get exposed to much.)

Goats:
Cortez Allen (this guy needs to decide who he plays for. Us or our opponent)
Troy (for not wrapping up )
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 6:48 am

I feel like Oprah and want to give everyone a game ball for that game! Holy crap we played great in every facet of the game.

Everyone that isn't a goat gets a game ball.

Goats:
Blount (for the fumble)
Cortez Allen

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 9:09 am

Game Ball:

Ben

O-Line (zero sacks, really? I swear on one pass play I saw Ben pull out a sandwich and beer while sitting in the pocket, when he was finished he wiped his hands off and threw a TD).

Defensive front 7 - As much as I think Luck is a good guy, it was great seeing him have to pick himself up after every throw.

Goats:

Cortez Allen - Man I feel bad for this guy. He's got the talent for sure and I believe he can become a solid corner. But he hasn't been able to put it together thus far.

Safeties - Both Troy and Mitchell were out of position on some of those deep throws.

Honorable Mention:

Timmons - He kept it all down this week ... hold your water son! Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 1797695198
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 9:33 am

PS: I was hoping to post a note in the Fire Haley thread about Haley calling a horrible game yesterday. Ben had to play the best game of his career to overcome such a horrific gameplan. He must really feel betrayed knowing he should have thrown for 800 yards and 10 TDs against the Colts.

So who's with me? Fire Haley?

Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 1072540953
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:57 am

^^^^^^^^ BWAHAHAHAHA

Game Ball goes to the offense for proving, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Crash is an idiot.

mrcrash wrote:
So are you actually ENJOYING this?  You ENJOY watching Ben's own employer sabotage his career and sabotage the success of their own team to prove a point to him?

Haley sucks so much he can't even be successful at sabotaging Ben and the offense. Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 1664291743

mrcrash wrote:
Martavis Bryant hasn't seen the field.  

And won't.  He's a complete waste of a pick in this offense.

mrcrash wrote:
Go look at Ben's reaction when Tampa scored. He's done.

Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 1401235891

There's an endless supply of these gems floating around.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 2:50 pm

Quote :
Game Ball goes to the offense for proving, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Crash is an idiot.

Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 3562723908

You people are all stupid and obviously do not understand or know football, or the organization at all.  Haley needs to go.  Didn't you see Haley roll his eyes on the sideline every time BR7 completed a pass?  I've never seen him look so dejected.  He will be leaving for AZ after this season.  You wait and see.  I know for a fact that ArtII met with Haley before the game and told him he had better not let Ben break any records as ArtII wants Ben gone yesterday.  I also know that ArtII met with the O line after they game and threatened their jobs if they continue to protect Ben.  

Good day.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 6:40 pm

Thank you for the ammo with Crash. Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 184121345 Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 1153444892

Steelerella

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 8:22 pm

Some of you give "he who shall not be named" too much attention. Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 3029611895

Game Ball: Bryant - Have a feeling he is going to become something special. 3 TDs last six days after not seeing the field for first six weeks. I just love his attitude.

Goats: Surprise .. Surprise .. Cortez Allen. Losing Keenan Lewis pisses me off more and more every single time I see Allen in a game.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:16 pm

Quote :
Some of you give "he who shall not be named" too much attention

But Ella, sometimes it's just sooooo much fun Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 1797695198

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 1:27 am

Steelerella wrote:

Some of you give "he who shall not be named" too much attention.  Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 3029611895

Game Ball: Bryant - Have a feeling he is going to become something special. 3 TDs last six days after not seeing the field for first six weeks. I just love his attitude.

Goats: Surprise .. Surprise .. Cortez Allen. Losing Keenan Lewis pisses me off more and more every single time I see Allen in a game.

I also thought letting Lewis go in free agency was not good but thought Allen would let us forget him. So far so bad. However, if he is the only one who is the goat and the D line can apply pressure then maybe they can buy him enough time to get the necessary surgery to PULL HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS! Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 3798349058
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 6:44 am

solardave wrote:
However, if he is the only one who is the goat and the D line can apply pressure then maybe they can buy him enough time to get the necessary surgery to PULL HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS! Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 3798349058

Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats Head-Out-of-Ass

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 1:39 pm

Allen is the only goat. He had at least one, if not two penalties that kept Indy's scoring drives alive. He also got toasted on 2 touchdown passes. As soon as Blake got out there, I pointed out "that's where Luck is going."

Be damned if he didn't: and Blake won the jump ball! Wow, that makes the case for Allen even worse, when THREE players that weren't starters going into the season (Gay, McCain, Blake) are outplaying him.

I hope that kid can readjust, because it seems like he's capable, but for whatever reason he gets out of position or just misses batting down a ball.

For everyone that wanted to give a GOAT to Blount, I suggest you find a replay of the Mark Ingram run in the Saints SNF game: same exact thing happened, where Ingram was in a pile, basically upright going nowhere but down, hands ripping at the ball... no whistle, the ball came free, and THEN, the officiating team whistled the play dead! They ruled FORWARD PROGRESS.

I felt so dejected by that, and several other calls that favored Indy on Sunday. Despite the outcome, IMO, it still feels like an un-level playing field. (Am I the only one that felt like they were going to reverse the safety too?)

http://steelcityunderground.com
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 6:27 pm

I disagree on the Blount call. I feel the difference is that in the Saints SNF game, Ingram was upright and not going anywhere. Whereas with Blount, he was still moving forward, almost falling forward. And in that moment, the ball was stolen from his hands. I just thought he was stronger than that, and should've been able to hold on to the ball...just because, well, IMO, that's what he gets paid to do.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 6:20 am

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
(Am I the only one that felt like they were going to reverse the safety too?)

Nothing surprises me with refs anymore. I pretty much have come to learn that anytime there is a flag, it's probably on us and anytime there is a review, it's not going to help us. Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 1505004552

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 4:00 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I disagree on the Blount call.  I feel the difference is that in the Saints SNF game, Ingram was upright and not going anywhere.  Whereas with Blount, he was still moving forward, almost falling forward.  And in that moment, the ball was stolen from his hands.  I just thought he was stronger than that, and should've been able to hold on to the ball...just because, well, IMO, that's what he gets paid to do.

Well the Saints game was called by Ed Hocculi's crew: they would've called it a fumble against the Steelers anyway. ;-)

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 12:36 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I disagree on the Blount call.  I feel the difference is that in the Saints SNF game, Ingram was upright and not going anywhere.  Whereas with Blount, he was still moving forward, almost falling forward.  And in that moment, the ball was stolen from his hands.  I just thought he was stronger than that, and should've been able to hold on to the ball...just because, well, IMO, that's what he gets paid to do.

Well the Saints game was called by Ed Hocculi's crew: they would've called it a fumble against the Steelers anyway. ;-)

Doesn't every crew call it against the Steelers? Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 1549491426

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 12:40 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Doesn't every crew call it against the Steelers? Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats 1549491426

NFL seems to have a major referee problem this year, not only in Steelers games, but all games. I think it's a lack of consistency with what the league wanted with the new points of emphasis. In one game you'll have a bunch of illegal contact penalties. Last Sunday, there were 4-5 illegal hands to the face calls. It's all over the board.

Texans game was the best officiated game this year. Seems as though they "let them play" which is the way it should be.

I'm tiring quickly of a loudspeaker announcement after every dead ball, either for a flag, to pick up a flag, or to review something.

SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 12:49 pm

I'll also add some missed calls I'm still upset about, all which had an impact on the final result:

Panthers game Markus Wheaton getting shoved out of bounds in the endzone. Line of scrimmage was the 6 or 7, so the contact was well beyond 5 yards, plus it's debatable if Wheaton had re-established himself on the field. This play took 6 points off the board.

Bucs game A horribly missed holding call on the Doug Martin TD, where Sean Spence was completely turned around by his shoulder pads. Cam Heyward was not only flagged (15 yards) for questioning the officials, but was later fined as well. Bucs win by 3. Makes you wonder if they settled for a FG there, if the holding and subsequent 10 yard penalty was called.

Browns game #2 If I recall, it was Crowell's TD run (and not Tate) the first of the game, where Lawrence Timmons took a good grab/shove from behind that allowed the RB to walk into the endzone. Timmons sat there on his butt in disbelief. Granted, this one wasn't as obvious as the previous 2 listed and of course, would have had zero impact on the outcome.

Colts game Where do I begin? Just how many times did Andrew Luck get away with intentional grounding? How about a roughing the passer call on James Harrison, but Ben getting speared at the end of the game with no call? Also multiple, questionable, simultaneous fouls which nullified sending the Colts backward or to the sideline. These calls kept Indy in the game. The only good thing is, Pittsburgh benefited from a few calls that went their way as well. I also wasn't a fan of the Blount fumble, when I saw Ingram do the same later on in the Saints game, but they ruled it forward progress.

The Steelers also got away with one, when AB caught a TD after shoving off.

I'd just like to see it more consistent across the board.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 1:11 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

NFL seems to have a major referee problem this year, not only in Steelers games, but all games. I think it's a lack of consistency with what the league wanted with the new points of emphasis. In one game you'll have a bunch of illegal contact penalties. Last Sunday, there were 4-5 illegal hands to the face calls. It's all over the board.

Texans game was the best officiated game this year. Seems as though they "let them play" which is the way it should be.

I'm tiring quickly of a loudspeaker announcement after every dead ball, either for a flag, to pick up a flag, or to review something.

My belief is that the NFL needs to go to Full Time officiating crews that work together consistently and every week their games are reviewed in the NFL Headquarters. The team will review calls made and calls missed, as well as gain further insight on consistency.

Just my two cents.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 1:17 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

My belief is that the NFL needs to go to Full Time officiating crews that work together consistently and every week their games are reviewed in the NFL Headquarters.  The team will review calls made and calls missed, as well as gain further insight on consistency.

Just my two cents.

I looked like they were headed in the same direction as Major League Soccer, which has a central command, and their referees meet X days of the year (depending on full or part time status.) The NFL added the command center for reviews, but some mistakes are still being made.

I think it will be tough to get any referees to work full time. Keep in mind they don't only work the professional level, but also collegiate and perhaps even locally.

I wish I knew more about their process, because they are graded, but they keep those results tight to the vest (as they probably should.) I like that Dean Blandino (head of officials) reviews some of the calls on NFL Total Access, but it comes off as more a "cover their butt" than a sincere explanation, or an apology (which to my knowledge, has only happened a handful of times, like the KC FG against the Chargers last season.)

I would also surmise they do conference calls after every game. Not sure how this is handled, but in soccer, each crew has a "coach/mentor" who is a retired high level official or someone within the office, that reviews game film and critical calls with the team. I'd think the NFL has to be more sophisticated than soccer, but who knows? They did borrow the headset idea for the referees this year, stolen from Champions League and MLS ;-)

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 8:51 pm

They did borrow the headset idea for the referees this year, stolen from Champions League and MLS ;-)

I did noticed they moved to the headsets but it looks like they are creating more confusion than anything.

Ref 1: "Hey Hochuli, I got holding on fifty niner"
Hochuli: "Did I just hear a niner?"
Ref 1: "Fifty niner, over"
Ref 2: "Hey guys, wanna go get a beer after the game at that place with all the flair on the wall?"
Ref 3: "Oh you mean Shinanigans?!"
Back Judge: "Dammit guys, I told you not to bring it up again"
Hochuli: "So we have holding a 20 oz draft at niner o clock..."

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 8:53 pm

I agree with the anger felt on all those calls SCU. Especially the Harrison one. BR7 got clocked MULTIPLE times where the defender took a few steps and hit him and Harrison takes one after coming through the block and gets flagged?! Come on man!!!

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats   Steelers vs Colts  Game Balls/Goats Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs Colts Game Balls/Goats
Page 1 of 1