Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSCB Steelers Quick Hitters; A Minute With Mike Logan Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

SCB Steelers Quick Hitters; A Minute With Mike Logan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

SCB Steelers Quick Hitters; A Minute With Mike Logan Empty
PostSubject: SCB Steelers Quick Hitters; A Minute With Mike Logan   SCB Steelers Quick Hitters; A Minute With Mike Logan EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 7:25 am

SCB Steelers Quick Hitters; A Minute With Mike Logan Scb210

By: Steel Dad

When you do what we do here at Steel City Blitz you always realize that no matter where you get your opinions and information from, nothing trumps getting it from those who lived it.

With that thought in mind, I’m very excited to welcome former Pittsburgh Steeler and West Virginia Mountaineer Mike Logan. Mike was kind enough to give me his perspective on the Steelers and we hope you enjoy his thoughts.

Mike is incredibly busy with a number of ventures right now so I tossed him one question following the loss to New York this past Sunday.

My Question:

What are your thoughts on why the Steelers seem to be in this pattern where they lose to teams with poor records. Is this just the NFL today? Is this pattern on the coaching staff? The players? What is it?

Mike’s Response:
My thoughts as to why Steelers lose to teams with poor records are…..they play to the level of their competition. Do I feel that there is great parity in the NFL and that any team can win on “Any Given Sunday? Yes. To a certain extent I agree.

But bottom feeder teams look at the Steelers as a team they measure their season up against. If the win that game they can use it as great motivation to inspire their team to get on a roll or salvage their pride in saying at least we beat them even if they don’t make the playoffs.

READ MORE: http://www.steelcityblitz.com/2014/11/13/minute-mike-logan/

solardave

SCB Steelers Quick Hitters; A Minute With Mike Logan Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCB Steelers Quick Hitters; A Minute With Mike Logan   SCB Steelers Quick Hitters; A Minute With Mike Logan EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 7:52 am

Good stuff and he is right. Of course we have all been talking about the lack of preparation for these bottom ranked teams and how we play down to their level. The Steelers team success over the last 40+ years should be the standard and we don't play up to our standard against the likes of the Jets, Raiders, etc. If this does not change we not not see a SB in awhile except from the couch.
Back to top Go down

SCB Steelers Quick Hitters; A Minute With Mike Logan
Page 1 of 1