Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLoss tonight Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Loss tonight

Go down 
+3
kirklandrules
Gingerchip
DJ1982
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DJ1982
Xtreme Newb
DJ1982

Loss tonight Empty
PostSubject: Loss tonight   Loss tonight EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:46 am

Why is it that I have a feeling that Rodger Goodell is sitting in his swanky apartment grinning like Cheshire Cat, now we have been eliminated and the rat birds have advanced.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Loss tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss tonight   Loss tonight EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:49 am

Loss tonight 1664291743

Welcome to the board DJ1982. Would give you a better welcome, but I'm too sad and depressed at the moment. Stick around. Plenty of discussion in the next few days once the sting is gone.

Loss tonight We_bel10
Back to top Go down
DJ1982
Xtreme Newb
DJ1982

Loss tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss tonight   Loss tonight EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:17 am

No problem, Im feeling the same way. A few beers and Turing up the music helps with the sting.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Loss tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss tonight   Loss tonight EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 8:45 am

Yes, welcome DJ!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Loss tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss tonight   Loss tonight EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:34 pm

DJ1982 wrote:
Why is it that I have a feeling that Rodger Goodell is sitting in his swanky apartment grinning like Cheshire Cat, now we have been eliminated and the rat birds have advanced.

I'm not so sure Goodell wants the Ravens to go far, at least not this season. If they were to reach the Super Bowl, there would be two solid weeks of the media rehashing all the domestic violence stuff. That's the last thing Goodell wants.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Loss tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss tonight   Loss tonight EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:15 pm

This loss hurt because I truly believe that we were the better team, we just didn't show it on the field. Trying to remind myself that we made it the playoffs for the first time in 3 years and we also won the division.

The drive for 7 continues.

Gingerchip

Loss tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss tonight   Loss tonight EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:06 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
This loss hurt because I truly believe that we were the better team, we just didn't show it on the field.  Trying to remind myself that we made it the playoffs for the first time in 3 years and we also won the division.  

The drive for 7 continues.

I think you are right -- we are the better team, especially offensively. Defense though, their line is pretty solid.

I don't know why, but I had a bad feeling about this game a week earlier. I didn't want to meet the birds for a third time this season.  I really had hoped to play the Chargers, as they are the true playoff choke artists and Rivers can't throw worth a damn in the cold.  But, hey, whatever, right?  Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Personally, I am going to enjoy Brady massacre the Rats in Foxboro (and I hate the Pats**, just not quite as much)

Loss tonight We_bel10
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Loss tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss tonight   Loss tonight EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 9:56 am

Gingerchip wrote:
I don't know why, but I had a bad feeling about this game a week earlier. I didn't want to meet the birds for a third time this season.  I really had hoped to play the Chargers, as they are the true playoff choke artists and Rivers can't throw worth a damn in the cold.  But, hey, whatever, right?  Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Sorry to say it, but the Steelers would have lost to the Jets or Bucs all over again with the way they played Saturday night. They chose the wrong night to suck. But, maybe it's more acceptable to lose to anyone other than the ratbirds. Loss tonight 2087824411

Last edited by kirklandrules on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Loss tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss tonight   Loss tonight EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 1:36 pm

The loss stung, but I'm over it. Maybe it was the Captain and cokes I had immediately after the game, or maybe it was the fact that Sunday I had to drive my son back to college.

Either way, the Steelers weren't even suppose to be in the playoffs. But they were. I trust our FO and Coaching staff will make the necessary changes to be competitive next season and go out and get #7.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Loss tonight 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

Loss tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss tonight   Loss tonight EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 4:57 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Gingerchip wrote:

Sorry to say it, but the Steelers would have lost to the Jets or Bucs all over again with the way they played Saturday night. They chose the wrong night to suck. But, maybe it's more acceptable to lose to anyone other than the ratbirds. Loss tonight 2087824411

Agreeing with KirlandRules alot on here!

Totally with you. We also under-sucked the Bengals the week before. Still had turnovers, but at least we had Bell. I thought they got the jitters out the last game, but didn't happen... well, at least till the 4th quarter that is... thought the D would hold better too. Couldn't get off the field in 3rd and long. Certainly a problem that's plagued them most of the year.

http://steelcityunderground.com
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Loss tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss tonight   Loss tonight EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 8:35 pm

I said we didn't have to play great, just not bad enough to lose.

We played horribly.

I have coped with the loss and I'm ready to move on to next year.

NFL is over for me this season.

Loss tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss tonight   Loss tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

Loss tonight
Page 1 of 1