Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAre the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? Empty
PostSubject: Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse?   Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:33 pm

Quote :
It was actually one month ago today that Pittsburgh Steelers’ General Manager Kevin Colbert said the team and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger were working towards a new contract.

These were comments from Colbert on February 10th. “Ben’s a franchise quarterback that’s getting better with age. I think he’s going to be a better quarterback down the road.”

Realistically, these things do take time but I’m pretty confident most of us thought the goal was to have a new contract in place by the time free agency started.

Well, guess what starts today in less than two hours and yet Roethlisberger is still without a new deal?

While neither side has said a word about the negotiations, common sense must tell us that things aren’t going too smoothly.

http://steelcityblitz.com/2015/03/10/steelers-roethlisberger-impasse/

Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? AZ-or-Bust

Ben LOL

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse?   Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:12 pm

LOL, Wally! That's funny stuff!

But in response to the article, I'm not concerned as these contracts usually are not done very quickly. And something tells me Colbert isn't losing sleep over it as well. It's your franchise QB and might well be the last contract Ben signs. Both sides want to get it right ... and that will take time. Also, I think Ben's contract has nothing to do with how the Steelers have approached FA signings (or the lack of). There's several years of track record to show this is how they go about the off-season. If they really needed cash to make a move, they'd probably push Troy out the door quicker and save $3.75M.

Non-issue Sleep
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse?   Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:49 pm

I'm not worried about it either. The Steelers want Ben and Ben wants to be a Steeler

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse?   Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 5:01 pm

Everyone just wants to get the feel good Bleacher Report text on their phone: "Big Ben signs a 6 year contract estimated at $110 million with $50 million guaranteed"

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse?   Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:55 pm

You guys are all wrong. You know I have a reliable source.

And by "reliable" I mean "delusional."

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse?   Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 10:22 pm

The truth is out there....

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse?   Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 10:54 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
The truth is out there....

My source's theories are out there, too. WAAAAAAAY out there. Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? 2655877496

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse?   Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 3:58 pm

and low and behold Ben has a new contract

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse?   Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:22 pm

And I got the feel good text today!!

Ben LOL

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse?   Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are the Steelers and Roethlisberger at an Impasse?
Page 1 of 1