Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits .....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... Empty
PostSubject: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits .....   Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 7:19 pm

i bet Fichtner was like... Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... 1505004552 ...when he saw this...i've learned over the years that Ben likes to embelish shit to make himself look good or heroic , like playing with injuries that may be exaggerated to the extent of the severity.
but if it is true, then what is the point of paying fichtner ?

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits they played backyard football in the second half vs the Ravens
Quote :

The second half probably 90 percent made it up as we went. Truthfully, it was—I know I kind of talked about it after the game — but line, here is the protection. Receiver, you go over here this time. You go over here.
Quote :

The whole scenario is a good news/bad news situation. The good news is the Steelers have a future Hall of Famer under center who can walk to the line of scrimmage, read a defense and literally create a play on the fly to beat one of the best defenses in the NFL.

The downside is this has to happen at all. Between Offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Matt Canada, neither guy could put together a gameplan or adjustments to get the offense going.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits .....   Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 9:22 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i bet Fichtner was like... Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... 1505004552 ...when he saw this...i've learned over the years that Ben likes to embelish shit to make himself look good or heroic , like playing with injuries that may be exaggerated to the extent of the severity.  
but if it is true, then what is the point of paying fichtner ?

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits they played backyard football in the second half vs the Ravens
Quote :

The second half probably 90 percent made it up as we went. Truthfully, it was—I know I kind of talked about it after the game — but line, here is the protection. Receiver, you go over here this time. You go over here.
Quote :

The whole scenario is a good news/bad news situation. The good news is the Steelers have a future Hall of Famer under center who can walk to the line of scrimmage, read a defense and literally create a play on the fly to beat one of the best defenses in the NFL.

The downside is this has to happen at all. Between Offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Matt Canada, neither guy could put together a gameplan or adjustments to get the offense going.

as l watch the second half l believe what Ben was talking about the 90% calling his own plays the Ravens defense was on fire covering damn near every play called in the first half. l wouldn't be knocking Fichner or Canada because Ben saw how the Ravens defense were covering the plays called in the first half. Fichtner was still sending in the players/packages so when Ben and the offense got to the line they countered on how the Ravens defense lined up.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits .....   Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 10:04 pm

I wouldn't dream of defending Fichtner, because: Why? Who the hell is he?

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits .....   Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 6:38 am

This week the 2nd half looked a lot like last week. Put it in Ben's hands. I would like to see what Canada could do calling the offense. I don't see how he could be any worse than Fitchner. After all he could always turn it over to Ben in the 2nd half. Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... 2087824411 The fact is we should have jumped on Dallas' throat and never let up. We still don't have the killer instinct when it comes to teams we should handle easily.
The only adjustments the O has made has been letting Ben win the game with his arm. IMHO the reason the running game is not working is scheme. No trap plays or pulling or play action and we know Fieler/Pouncey can get to the next level blocking. The first half passing looks like Ben's hands are tied with bubble screens and short passes. I understand his long ball is lacking so far this year but all these dump offs are getting batted down at the line. As long as they don't respect our RB it's not going to change. We can't continue to play this vanilla,predictable offense because it doesn't scare anyone.
The DBs need to jam these WRs coming off of the line to give our front time to get to the QB. We weren't getting pressure when we should have and did a poor job of stopping them on 3rd down. It's easy for the opponent picking up 3rd and 2 all game.
We made enough plays late to pull this off but it was against a no-name QB in his first start. This game should have been over by halftime in our favor but instead we're sitting their biting our nails again.
Lastly as good as our STs looked so far this year they looked equally bad yesterday.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits .....   Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 6:13 pm

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... 3964572787 ... over the years i used to complain about the lack of short quick passes . Ben ignored the underneath open stuff and looked constantly 20+ yards downfield. now it is the polar opposite. he is reluctant to throw the ball more than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. when he does it seems to me he overthrows almost every deep ball. could this be because in practice they only throw the short shit , so he has lost his touch on the deep balls ?
after 8 games why would opponents play the safeties and cornerbacks back when they know he is looking for quick hits ? this is also going to effect the running game if the safeties dont have to worry about him taking shots down the field so they stack the box.
they have become to predictable. it looks to me like they only have 4 or 5 pass plays they use 80% of the time.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits .....   Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 8:20 pm

what l saw was a bunch of inside run plays or inside the numbers pass patterns then deep sideline patterns which here pretty much covered then at the end of the 2nd quarter the Steelers started throwing short to medium outside the numbers pass patterns which were pretty much open the rest of the game. Ben was kinda off on the deep throws. Steelers defense likes to leave the short and medium of the field open since Bush injury the defense has gotten zone conservative with the secondary.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits .....   Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 5:12 am

The keyword here is "predictable". Fitchner has no imagination. The only time we're unpredictable is when he cuts Ben lose so why do we even need him. I won't be surprised if Canada takes his job after the season unless we win it all and he will live to fizzle another day.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits .....   Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 7:05 pm

i thought when they picked up ebron we would finally see the TE being used more in the middle running 15-25 yard routes. you know...the routes steelers gives up all year every year to TE's...hasnt really happened the way i was hoping for...Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... 3201610882

fun fact - Ben is tied for 31 st place for least amount of 40+ pass plays with 2...one being the bomb to claypool.
tied for 20th in pass plays 20+ yards with only 21.
17th place for 1 st down plays.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits .....   Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 4:46 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i thought when they picked up ebron we would finally see the TE being used more in the middle running 15-25 yard routes. you know...the routes steelers gives up all year every year to TE's...hasnt really happened the way i was hoping for...Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... 3201610882

fun fact - Ben is tied for 31 st place for least amount of 40+ pass plays with 2...one being the bomb to claypool.
tied for 20th in pass plays 20+ yards with only 21.
17th place for 1 st down plays.

or if Ben was on target on a couple of the long incomplete passes he was thrown.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits .....   Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 5:02 pm

To be fair to Fitchner, a smart QB calling plays at the line should always be more effective than a play called from the sideline. First, the QB has the benefit of seeing the defensive alignment and personnel. Whereas, the OC calling in a play from the sideline can only guess, based on the situation, what alignment and personnel may present to the offense.

Once at the line, the QB can see individual matchups, hence the use of motion, to spot the mismatch. Of course the QB can spot individual mismatches when the OC calls the play, but sometimes there's additional benefit when the QB can see the matchups and call a play based those matchups. It's the difference between finding a specific matchup on a pre-selected play versus calling an entire play based on one or more matchups.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits .....   Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 9:16 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
To be fair to Fitchner, a smart QB calling plays at the line should always be more effective than a play called from the sideline. First, the QB has the benefit of seeing the defensive alignment and personnel. Whereas, the OC calling in a play from the sideline can only guess, based on the situation, what alignment and personnel may present to the offense.

Once at the line, the QB can see individual matchups, hence the use of motion, to spot the mismatch. Of course the QB can spot individual mismatches when the OC calls the play, but sometimes there's additional benefit when the QB can see the matchups and call a play based those matchups. It's the difference between finding a specific matchup on a pre-selected play versus calling an entire play based on one or more matchups.

master moats gives his opinion why a QB cant run an offense entirely.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits .....   Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits ..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger admits .....
Page 1 of 1