Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6

Go down 
+7
El-Gonzo Jackson
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Vis
ETL
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Hawaii 5-0
ImperialFan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 Empty
PostSubject: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:55 pm

6'3 267.

He seems to have pretty good feet. Could be a project, someone I could see the steelers grooming for a couple years. I don't think he is a bad late 6th round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/anthony-chickillo?id=2552266

Last edited by ImperialFan on Sat May 02, 2015 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:02 pm

high effort guy with a non-stop motor.

good value here at the end of the 6th...
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:04 pm

Wicked first step without jumping off too quick. And watch his eyes. Quarterback hungry.

Sure. Not bad. Can't complain. Joey Porter seems to like him.
Back to top Go down
ETL

ETL

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:09 pm

Will he play OLB? He's too small to play DE

Vis

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:23 pm

How does he help special teams?

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:23 pm

ETL wrote:
Will he play OLB?  He's too small to play DE
Yeah OLB. He's about the same size as Bud but about an inch shorter and a couple pounds less.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:32 pm

College DE that is too small to play DE in the NFL. He was flat out the most impressive player at the East-West Shrine game. High motor, good pass rush ability. I think if they get him in better shape he can be quicker at around 260 lbs and is a project at OLB.

Undersized college DE with and knack at getting to passer. Needs to learn to play standing up. Used to be exactly what the Steelers look for.

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:50 pm

6(212) Pittsburgh Steelers: Anthony Chickillo, DE, Miami: A Grade

The best teams get better in the draft because the "lesser" organizations do stupid things. How did Anthony Chickillo fall to the Steelers at the end of Round 6? I had him atop the fourth frame, as Chickillo was both productive at Miami and also athletic at the Combine. He should be able to make the roster.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades6.php#kcaMJAVrD8WC881a.99
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySat May 02, 2015 9:31 pm

Vis wrote:
How does he help special teams?
if he makes the 53 it will be as a ST ace, something he ex cells at and much how James harrison and Brett keisel got their start.

. .
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySun May 03, 2015 6:11 pm

Kevin Greene :)
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 11:04 pm

I like Chickillo as a DE that will convert to the OLB, but I watched his combine workout again and just noticed that his 10 yard sprint time was the same as Vic Beasley or Dante Fowler, which tied for 3rd in the group.

Everybody talks about how athletic Beasley is and Chickillo is not the same speed guy as Beasley, but for somebody that big to have the same quickenss as Beasley and Fowler, plus his nose for the QB....I think Chickillo is going to be a real find and a fan favorite in a couple years when he learns to play OLB.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 1:35 pm

ETL wrote:

Oh now you went and did it son. Never say someone is too small to play their position. I said Golson was to short to play CB in the nfl. The guy is 5'9, ha-ha-ha, I think its silly to even debate it at this point. But no, dont ever point out obvious shortcomings of a 5'9 corner when he may be expected to play wide outs 6-8 inches taller than.  This forum is full of obsessed steers fans that are denial and cannot admit that it looks like a mistake to take  a 5'9 corner a 6'3 265 pounder playing DE. Ridiculous.

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 5:13 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
ETL wrote:

Oh now you went and did it son. Never say someone is too small to play their position. I said Golson was to short to play CB in the nfl. The guy is 5'9, ha-ha-ha, I think its silly to even debate it at this point. But no, dont ever point out obvious shortcomings of a 5'9 corner when he may be expected to play wide outs 6-8 inches taller than.  This forum is full of obsessed steers fans that are denial and cannot admit that it looks like a mistake to take  a 5'9 corner a 6'3 265 pounder playing DE. Ridiculous.
how many steelers fans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Do you bash steelerfans on all the forums you join with all your new screen names?

. .
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 6:15 pm

Its ridiculous to draft a 5'9" CB.......now if he was 5'10" like Brent Grimes, then its ok. (where is the jerkit emoticon)

Even more silly is to draft a 6'3" 265lb DE to play OLB......now if it was 6'3" 245lb Joey Porter, DE-Colorado State, then I guess it makes sense. DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 1505004552
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 11:54 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Its ridiculous to draft a 5'9" CB.......now if he was 5'10" like Brent Grimes, then its ok.  (where is the jerkit emoticon)

Here you go ....  DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 798776511

But I'd rather draft a 6'2" CB that can't play, that makes more sense doesn't it. With all the 6'4" and 6'5" athletes out there, just make them play corner. They're obviously better than Golson. If that's one thing we learned the 5'9" corners will never make it in this league and we can thank Darrel Green for proving that point.

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Even more silly is to draft a 6'3" 265lb DE to play OLB......now if it was 6'3" 245lb Joey Porter, DE-Colorado State, then I guess it makes sense.  DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 1505004552

Right on. I can't believe the Steelers would take a projected 4th rounder in the 6th round as a project. They should be concentrating on their needs in the late rounds ... it's obvious that's where all the projected starters sit.

O.k. all sarcasm aside. Golson was the right pick in the second round (partly because Dupree was the right pick in the first round). I'm not concerned if he's a starter as a rookie, but he has far better skills than most of the veteran CBs on this roster and will only improve.  Besides, there were a lot of fans unhappy that the Steelers let Brice McCain walk and are pretty excited to see Blake play this year ... both of whom are 5'9". Will the Bengals have an advantage if Golson is stuck 1x1 with AJ Green on a fade route? Yes. However, I don't think Golson will necessarily be used as a 1x1 defender against guys like Green. And if he is, it's not like he didn't go against quality tall receivers in the SEC. And. remember, it was the 5'9" Blake who stripped AJ Green to help cement the AFC North Championship last year. So for those that don't like Golson, maybe you're right ... bring back Terry Hawthorne because he's tall.

As far as Chickillo goes, he's most likely a practice squad guy until mid-to-late season if/when one of those OLBs goes down with an injury. Then we'll all be happy we have someone better than, say, Chris Carter to put in there.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 12:46 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Its ridiculous to draft a 5'9" CB.......now if he was 5'10" like Brent Grimes, then its ok.  (where is the jerkit emoticon)

Here you go ....  DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 798776511

But I'd rather draft a 6'2" CB that can't play, that makes more sense doesn't it. With all the 6'4" and 6'5" athletes out there, just make them play corner. They're obviously better than Golson. If that's one thing we learned the 5'9" corners will never make it in this league and we can thank Darrel Green for proving that point.

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Even more silly is to draft a 6'3" 265lb DE to play OLB......now if it was 6'3" 245lb Joey Porter, DE-Colorado State, then I guess it makes sense.  DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 1505004552

Right on. I can't believe the Steelers would take a projected 4th rounder in the 6th round as a project. They should be concentrating on their needs in the late rounds ... it's obvious that's where all the projected starters sit.

O.k. all sarcasm aside. Golson was the right pick in the second round (partly because Dupree was the right pick in the first round). I'm not concerned if he's a starter as a rookie, but he has far better skills than most of the veteran CBs on this roster and will only improve.  Besides, there were a lot of fans unhappy that the Steelers let Brice McCain walk and are pretty excited to see Blake play this year ... both of whom are 5'9". Will the Bengals have an advantage if Golson is stuck 1x1 with AJ Green on a fade route? Yes. However, I don't think Golson will necessarily be used as a 1x1 defender against guys like Green. And if he is, it's not like he didn't go against quality tall receivers in the SEC. And. remember, it was the 5'9" Blake who stripped AJ Green to help cement the AFC North Championship last year. So for those that don't like Golson, maybe you're right ... bring back Terry Hawthorne because he's tall.

As far as Chickillo goes, he's most likely a practice squad guy until mid-to-late season if/when one of those OLBs goes down with an injury. Then we'll all be happy we have someone better than, say, Chris Carter to put in there.

Yeah, I thought they might go PJ Williams in the 2nd, but I think you are correct that Golson was the right pick. Just like Jason Verret was a good pick by the Chargers last year. So a guy is 5'9" vs 5'11"....yeah the 6'5" guys will outjump them, but that is such a small part of playing CB in the NFL.

As for Chickillo, you are right that if he doesn't work out, its not much of a gamble, but the fact the guy has quickness, size and good hand skills in the pass rush game gives me some thought that he will be another classic college DE that they can convert to OLB. I honestly would not be surprised if Dupree and Chickillo were playing OLB for the Steelers in 2017.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 10:06 pm

would be great both Chickillo and Dupree work out but my thinking is the Steelers drafted Chickillo to be the future back up for Dupree.

but I'm not against 265lbs. OLBs tandem.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6   DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

DE Anthony Chickillo in rd 6
Page 1 of 1