Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason)

Go down 
+11
ImperialFan
SoCalFan
zcoop
Fire Arians
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Steeler Zach
Vis
jak341
tony hipchest
Atlanta Dan
Wallace108
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tony hipchest

Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason)   Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
I don't care what we do offensively or if we can intercept the ball. I want to see the team get some pressure on Aaron Rodgers

But piling up preseason stats is how you win Super Bowls. Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 2625562446 Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 1797695198

I'm with ya ... bring the pressure.

6 sacks. That definitely was nice to see!

. .
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason)   Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 9:45 pm

So far I find it positive that Cortez Allen hasn't been victimized, but at the same time, I haven't seen him break up passes much.

-Blake got a lot of work and its kind of nice to have him at the #4 CB spot. Doran Grant will be #5 and special team gunner. #6 CB is between Fogg and Webb, IMO.

-Dri Archer still goes down as soon as anybody brushes against him. Great speed, but he would still be on the grass if they were playing touch football. Too bad they didn't draft Justin Ellis instead of him.

-Shamarko was around the football and I think that is encouraging. As long as he can play all 19 games, we will be fine at SS I think.

-BJ Finney was outplaying Hubbard for the final OG spot, but the fact that Hubbard can play Center likely means that he makes the 53 and Finney doesn't.

-The D line top 5 is Heyward, McLendon, Tuitt, Thomas, McCullers......the final spot is between Conrath, Kruger and Walton IMO. I think Conrath will make it and Walton a PS candidate. None has really shined much in games so far.

-Landry Jones shows improvement each week. Good throws and some bad decisions and more WR drops. Still the masses of haters cant bring themselves to compliment his 2 TD performance.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason)   Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 3:46 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
So far I find it positive that Cortez Allen hasn't been victimized, but at the same time, I haven't seen him break up passes much.

-Blake got a lot of work and its kind of nice to have him at the #4 CB spot.  Doran Grant will be #5 and special team gunner.  #6 CB is between Fogg and Webb, IMO.

-Dri Archer still goes down as soon as anybody brushes against him.  Great speed, but he would still be on the grass if they were playing touch football.  Too bad they didn't draft Justin Ellis instead of him.

-Shamarko was around the football and I think that is encouraging.  As long as he can play all 19 games, we will be fine at SS I think.

-BJ Finney was outplaying Hubbard for the final OG spot, but the fact that Hubbard can play Center likely means that he makes the 53 and Finney doesn't.

-The D line top 5 is Heyward, McLendon, Tuitt, Thomas, McCullers......the final spot is between Conrath, Kruger and Walton IMO.  I think Conrath will make it and Walton a PS candidate.  None has really shined much in games so far.

-Landry Jones shows improvement each week.  Good throws and some bad decisions and more WR drops.  Still the masses of haters cant bring themselves to compliment his 2 TD performance.

For the record I think Jones is coming along. I'd like to see him one more time with the #1 offense to see what happens when all of his receivers can catch. I'm not in any way saying I want Ben on the sideline. I'm talking preseason.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason)   Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 7:09 am

Any word on Tuitt? I saw he was carted off yesterday, but I haven't seen anything posted about him.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason)   Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 7:12 am

Nevermind. Found this.

Stephon Tuitt Injury: Updates on Steelers DE's Ankle and Return
By Adam Wells , Featured Columnist

The Pittsburgh Steelers defensive line took a hit with Stephon Tuitt exiting the team's preseason game against Green Bay with a sprained ankle that will keep him out for a "couple weeks," according to Albert Breer of NFL.com.

Tuitt Carted off Field vs. Packers With Sprained Ankle
Sunday, Aug. 23
According to James Wexell of Scout.com, Tuitt was carted off the field with a left ankle injury. Dale Lolley of the Observer-Reporter added that the former Notre Dame star would not return to the game.

After the game, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Tuitt suffered a sprained ankle. Breer added the defensive end would miss a couple of weeks as he tries to recover, according to head coach Mike Tomlin.

(Read More:) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2553748-stephon-tuitt-injury-updates-on-steelers-des-ankle-and-return

Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason)   Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:18 am

solardave wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

-Blake got a lot of work and its kind of nice to have him at the #4 CB spot.  Doran Grant will be #5 and special team gunner.  #6 CB is between Fogg and Webb, IMO.

-Dri Archer still goes down as soon as anybody brushes against him.  Great speed, but he would still be on the grass if they were playing touch football.  Too bad they didn't draft Justin Ellis instead of him.

-Shamarko was around the football and I think that is encouraging.  As long as he can play all 19 games, we will be fine at SS I think.

-The D line top 5 is Heyward, McLendon, Tuitt, Thomas, McCullers......the final spot is between Conrath, Kruger and Walton IMO.  I think Conrath will make it and Walton a PS candidate.  None has really shined much in games so far.

-Landry Jones shows improvement each week.  Good throws and some bad decisions and more WR drops.  Still the masses of haters cant bring themselves to compliment his 2 TD performance.

For the record I think Jones is coming along. I'd like to see him one more time with the #1 offense to see what happens when all of his receivers can catch. I'm not in any way saying I want Ben on the sideline. I'm talking preseason.

I don't think we will see Jones with the 1's this preseason. Game 3 they normally like to get the first team a couple series and with the injuries this past game, I doubt we see the first team stick in too much longer.

A log of fans don't understand that in College, the QB's are throwing to open receivers, while in the pros, they are throwing to tight windows to a guy that isn't open yet. Its a learning process and Jones is doing well at it. His overthrowing guys on 7 yard outs and stuff like that is normally footwork and mechanics, which are getting better. He looks in command in the huddle, comfortable in the pocket and did a nice job of sliding away from pressure. I said it before and still believe it.....Landry Jones will be the #2 QB after Gradkowski is gone. Probably next year.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason)   Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:19 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Nevermind. Found this.

The Pittsburgh Steelers defensive line took a hit with Stephon Tuitt exiting the team's preseason game against Green Bay with a sprained ankle that will keep him out for a "couple weeks," according to Albert Breer of NFL.com.

Sunday, Aug. 23
According to James Wexell of Scout.com, Tuitt was carted off the field with a left ankle injury. Dale Lolley of the Observer-Reporter added that the former Notre Dame star would not return to the game.

After the game, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Tuitt suffered a sprained ankle. Breer added the defensive end would miss a couple of weeks as he tries to recover, according to head coach Mike Tomlin.

(Read More:) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2553748-stephon-tuitt-injury-updates-on-steelers-des-ankle-and-return

Time to cue the Cam Thomas haters. Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 512807920
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason)   Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 12:59 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Nevermind. Found this.

Sunday, Aug. 23

Time to cue the Cam Thomas haters.  Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 512807920

I just wonder how well he'll adjust from safety to D-lineman. That's going to be a tough transition. Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 755331329

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason)   Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Packers Game Thread (preseason)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3