Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePreseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers

Go down 
+4
LambertWardSteel
IowaSteeler927
Wallace108
jak341
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers Empty
PostSubject: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Mason starts with a pick 6.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 8:10 pm

Mason is looking really, really rough.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 8:17 pm

Defense?
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 8:20 pm

Defense? 14-0 less than 5 minutes into the 1st?
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Very nice runs by Conner!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 8:45 pm

jak341 wrote:
Mason is looking really, really rough.

The first throw sucked, obviously. But I like that it didn't rattle him. After he bobbled a snap, he kept his composure and made a good throw to James. He also made a good pass on the TD to JuJu. Rookie mistakes are going to happen, but just like last week, I like his composure.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Why is Fitz returning kicks? Shouldn't this be an opportunity to get a look at rookies?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Not impressed with Burnett. At all.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 8:52 pm

I still say Mason doesn't look like a rookie QB in the pocket. His composure is impressive.

Vince Williams is hustling. Dupree is invisible as always.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 8:54 pm

I know it's preseason, but the tackling is atrocious.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Defense is in midseason form. That's not a compliment.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 9:31 pm

Mason looks really good in the pocket, but he's not making the throws. If Dobbs has a solid night, the QB race is going to be interesting.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Vince Williams is coming into his own, but he's not getting any help on the other side.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 9:35 pm

Defense is making Kizer look like Favre.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Ben needs to have a talk with Mason about holding onto the ball too long. Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers 2981382511

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 1:13 am

The little bit that I got to see, ugly interception by Rudolph. Rookie mistake, like Wally said he recovered well from it.

Too many turnovers. Packers have quality depth and their system lends itself well to the backups playing on offense as we have seen when we played against Hundley and the Packers last season, but again the tackling is a major issue.

The defense has got to step up to the plate. Guys like Burnett were brought in to fix the poor tackling, and instead it's more of the same. Tomlin has been having less physical practices this year, that's just stupid. These guys need to be way more physical in camp and a huge emphasis needs to be placed on form tackling. These guys were softer than Charmin Ultra tonight.

Offense is where it needs to be, we're going to be perfectly fine offensively. The defense didn't do anything to instill confidence. Given it's preseason still, and some of the starters aren't out there, but no excuses, they have got to be better.

My biggest bright spot tonight? James Conner. Dude looks lean and mean. Runs downhill with purpose. Was punishing defenders tonight. Could've been a long day for the Packers defense (and a closer game) if they would've kept handing him the ball, but it was a preseason game. Love that this guy has improved himself, and I sincerely hope he stays healthy all season. A good downhill runner with a little speed could be a very nice compliment to Bell's patient running style and versatility.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 3:25 am

jak341 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Yeah...exactly. How do they go year in year out and have the same tackling issues? It is only the pre-season but I'd expect them to be doing tackling right when they say it is an emphasis. Man I so long for the D's from the 2000's SB runs as well as the 90's D and the tail end of the Steel Curtain I saw as a kid.

Just finished watching it on DVR. I really liked how Washington and Conner looked. I know Dobbs was playing against lesser competition but hope there is a way to keep the 4 QBs. He is a rookie and there will be a learning curve but I liked how Rudolph hung in there after starting out first play like he did. I wish we'd have some chances to see Quadree Henderson return some punts.

Seeing Boswell not out there really reminds me I hope they can get him signed before the season starts. Seeing Ben on the sideline it looks like he's really trimmed down.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 9:44 am

I only saw highlights of the game and they were the more positive ones. Even watching them when they showed the score I pretty much knew we were having at the very least a STs meltdown or the other half of our ongoing bi-polar defense. I'm not even sure bi-polar describes lack of tackling.

I can't remember the exact quote from John McKay but here's 2 from him that fit: " We couldn't run,we couldn't pass but we made up for it by not tackling"!

He was asked once what he thought of his defense and he said: " I'm all for it"!

From what I saw from Connor he looked like a bright spot. Like I said what I saw was all good stuff. Around 3 minutes of it. From what you guys say the other 57 sucked. I'd like to think we're baiting our opponents but if that's the case Tomlin needs to get some different bait because nothing is biting on this crap.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 10:29 am

BTSC is not pleased.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/8/17/17696894/3-winners-and-a-ton-of-losers-in-the-steelers-preseason-loss-to-the-packers-james-washington-nfl
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 11:21 am

jak341 wrote:
BTSC is not pleased.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/8/17/17696894/3-winners-and-a-ton-of-losers-in-the-steelers-preseason-loss-to-the-packers-james-washington-nfl

Pretty much spot on. Only thing I'll add, and I'm likely in the minority, is that I thought Vince Williams looked good. He was flying around the field and disrupting plays. The problem is he was getting zero help from anyone else. Even at full strength, he'll have no help on the opposite side with Shazier gone. Matekavich certainly isn't the answer, and Bostic might be worse.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Bostic looked slower than Sean Spence coming off the couch last year...terrible.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 7:09 am

I'm hoping a promising ILB hits the waiver wire that is willing to play cheap one year in exchange for a SB ring. Someone unselfish and capable of stopping the run.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 9:05 am

Dobbs, Washington, Connor and Samuels all looked good to me. The defense was atrocious. Especially Berhe and Brian Allen were looking terrible. It's Allen's second year and I know he's a project, but I don't see much progression compared to last year. Send him to the practice squad I would say. No team is going to pick him up. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees that Berry is one of the worst punters in the league.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers   Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers Empty

Back to top Go down

Preseason Game 2 - Steelers @ Packers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next