Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe 2015 draft class entering the season. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The 2015 draft class entering the season.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

The 2015 draft class entering the season. Empty
PostSubject: The 2015 draft class entering the season.   The 2015 draft class entering the season. EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 10:57 pm

It seems like just yesterday I was watching the draft and all excited about most of our picks. We all know where Dupree is. Golson had a season ending injury his first year and we were forced to go out and get Boykin just to have a corner. I don't think we would have bothered signing Boykin, if Golson would have stuck around and done good- Now we might never know. I didnt see all of the pre season and have been a little busy so I dont know exactly what happened. But I was high on James and holliman and I havent heard a single word about them. Are they even on the roster.

Generally I think the 1st and 2nd round picks are expected to help year 1 so can we go ahead and call Golson a bust like I was saying the day we drafted him?

I heard so much about hollimans interceptions and how we were going to teach him how to tackle.

Anyways Im assuming the names I havent been hearing just didnt make the team, or are on the practice squad.
meaning James, Walton, Holliman and Chickillo.

If Dupree is not a impact player this year, and no one from the 13,and 14 draft classes begins to pan out on the defensive side of the ball I think it may be time to stop being patient and just admit we have drafted horribly the past few years(defensively at least). The only good players weve picked up recently were Bell and Wheaton in 2013 and Bryant last year. They will be good for years to come but on defense we literally have no one It seems like all of our high draft picks are injury prone and lack the right mindset to be sucessful. I mean 3 years in a row Jones, Shazier, Dupree we drafted people we wanted to be pass rushers basically, and they all suck at applying pressure. I know its way to early to judge dupree, Ill be glad if he stays healthy so he cant even try to develop.

Just just my opinion. I don't think anyone else is impressed with our young defense. Most would agree its not coming together very well.

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 draft class entering the season.   The 2015 draft class entering the season. EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:21 am

ImperialFan wrote:
Generally I think the 1st and 2nd round picks are expected to help year 1 so can we go ahead and call Golson a bust like I was saying the day we drafted him?

No.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 draft class entering the season.   The 2015 draft class entering the season. EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:54 am

1st and 2nd round picks are not expected to help in year 1. Most rookies don't deliver a significant impact in their first year. Look no farther than Shazier and Tuitt.

Should instead be looking at the 2014 and 2013 draft classes and expect bigger things from them. Should be the times that Tuitt, Shazier, Bryant, Archer begin to be contributors. Also Jarvis Jones, Markus Wheaton, Shamarko Thomas.

Holliman was a 7th round longshot to make the team. A 1 year wonder in college, with limited range. I never understood the hype on him. Maybe he makes the PS, but I would never have expected him to contribute this year.....maybe never.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 draft class entering the season.   The 2015 draft class entering the season. Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2015 draft class entering the season.
Page 1 of 1