Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)

Go down 
+26
SteelCityUnderground
HeinzMustard
Vis
Stella Nation
SteelersNorth
El-Gonzo Jackson
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Master_Of_Puppets
Chaotic Zen
white_steel_wolfe
DesertSteel
Steel Peon
pczach
OX1947
SteelerSpartan
BlackAndGold
tony hipchest
WVABE
vasteeler
SteelerFreak58
Steeler Zach
ImperialFan
SoCalFan
Lokki
Fire Arians
Wallace108
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 6:48 pm

This years 49ers game = last seasons @Carolina game. I think both games showcased the teams strengths early on in the season and made a statement the rest of the league. Luckily this year it came a little earlier and hopefully we never look back. I think we could very well go to St. Louis and win next week and then Beat the ravens at home the following week. If we can get the entire team together going into a couple of tough games (@ san diego and vs arizona) If we bulldoze through these next 4 games. We are going to be respected, then again it could go the other way, we could lay and egg against the Rams next week and then get stomped by the ravens at home, but I seriously doubt that, after what I saw today I am very excited to see what happens over the next few weeks.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
ben +1

secondary -1

I don't think the secondary played that bad, they were pretty lights out until they got a big lead and went to a more prevent D. That long TD to Torrey smith was the only real f-up

oh i agree. i just didnt have anybody else to give a goat to...........i refuse to acknowledge scobee as a steeler Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 3798349058

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 6:55 pm

The LB corp was superb, and Shazier was a monster, but the guys who I noticed the most were Heyward and Tuitt, who dominated the 9ers OL all game long. As if it needed repeating, Scooby sucked and deserves no Scooby snacks. Or maybe too many of those was the problem?

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 7:08 pm

Didn't get to see game here in AZ. What did Jarvis do? I saw where he was credited with 5 tackles but how did he play?
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 7:50 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:
No love for Jordan Berry?

His 62 yard punt out of the end zone was a beauty
you would give a game ball to a punter for a single kick, when our new free agent running back scored three touchdowns in his second game?

Of course not. It's just no one said anything about him. He's been great and the search for a consistent punter has hopefully came to an end with Berry.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 7:55 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:

you would give a game ball to a punter for a single kick, when our new free agent running back scored three touchdowns in his second game?

Of course not. It's just no one said anything about him. He's been great and the search for a consistent punter has hopefully came to an end with Berry.

I noticed the punt you speak of, That is better than Wing would have ever done for us. He kicked it out of the end zone and the 9ers end up on like their own 35, that was a monster punt.

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 10:06 pm

Just got to see the game on nfl rewind. Shazier was a beast during one stretch. And there's no stopping our O.
Back to top Go down
white_steel_wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 11:06 pm

This Steelers offense is scary good and without some of its key players.

Bell is back next week, Bryant week 5. Pouncy will be awhile but shit, this offense is great. If the defense continues to tighten up this team will go far.

Ben Roethlisberger
Bell + DeAngelo + Great OL
Antonio + Bryant + Wheaton + Heyward-Bey + Heath Miller

I'm very excited to see how it all plays out.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 11:11 pm

If Ben keeps this up the league will still vote Brady or Rogers as the league MVP!

. .
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Zen
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 11:40 pm

Well, Brady did go for 466y and 3 td....
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 11:47 pm

i didn't see the game , but after reading thru the niners board game day thread , their biggest disappointment was heyward bey having a good game against them ...  Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 1549491426
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 11:47 pm

You guys are giving out too many gameballs haha. If I had to give one gameball though I think Shazier should have it. If he plays like that each week he'd be making a strong statement for defensive player of the year honestly. It was The Shazier Show out there on D.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 12:50 am

Jarvis Jones .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 12:55 am

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
You guys are giving out too many gameballs haha. If I had to give one gameball though I think Shazier should have it. If he plays like that each week he'd be making a strong statement for defensive player of the year honestly. It was The Shazier Show out there on D.
I have found on most message boards that the game ball thread should simply be called the players who did not suck and deserve to be fired thread.

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 1:01 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Jarvis Jones .
Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 1664291743 did he even play today? Bud Dupree is stunting his growth. Fire Dupree!!!

. .
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 8:02 am

tony hipchest wrote:
If Ben keeps this up the league will still vote Brady or Rogers as the league MVP!

Couldn't agree more.
Rodgers could actually hand off every game and he'd still get MVP because its Aaron Rodgers.
Brady will get votes because of the BS in the offseason and how he played for 5 weeks (it'll end at some point so I picked a random number)
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 8:06 am

Goat

Me, for not watching this game Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 1664291743 Will do so tonight.
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 8:16 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Goat

Me, for not watching this game  Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 1664291743  Will do so tonight.

shhhhhhh

no one spoil it for him

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 8:18 am

tony hipchest wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Jarvis Jones .
Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 1664291743 did he even play today? Bud Dupree is stunting his growth. Fire Dupree!!!

Give Dupree a chance. When he is in his 3rd year like Jones, he will finally show his value.
Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 10:20 am

Game balls: D LINE- I was very impressed with the D line. McClendon deserves some praise... dude is underrated. Tuitt and Heyward are above the line. The Steelers D is looking much better... and it all starts in the trenches.

Goat: Mitchell for that cheap shot on Hyde.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 2:07 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:

I noticed the punt you speak of, That is better than Wing would have ever done for us. He kicked it out of the end zone and the 9ers end up on like their own 35, that was a monster punt.

I gave a big nod to Berry in my article today:

I also wanted to give a nod to punter Jordan Berry. Berry's first punt forced former rugby star Jarryd Hayne to fair catch at his own 15 in the first quarter, but it was Berry's third punt that opened eyes at Heinz Field. Backed up to their own 6, Berry was forced to kick from his own endzone. Niners returner DeAndrew White hovered around the 50 yard line, and I immediately uttered to my friends: "he's going to have to back up."

Boy did he ever... Berry blasted the punt 62 yards, which was then only returned a measly 4 yards when the coverage team nabbed White. That my fellow readers, is a weapon and the missing part of the arsenal the Steelers have needed for years. San Francisco went from having Pittsburgh backed up to their goal line, to starting with the ball on their own 36 yard line. (Wow.)

Good, Bad, & Ugly: 2015-2 – San Francisco 49ers - http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2015/09/21/good-bad-ugly-2015-2-san-francisco-49ers/

http://steelcityunderground.com
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 2:16 pm

So how about the officiating? Became a non-factor, but imagine if this was a close game.

First, you had Will Gay's strip. How catching the ball, turning, and having a total of 3 steps with a football move is deemed "not a catch" is beyond me. They apparently watch it in real time too, to see if it was a "football move" and I don't see how you don't call that a fumble either way.

Then there was Mike Davis middle for 1 yard (tackle by Ryan Shazier and Cam Thomas). PIT challenged the first down ruling, and the play was upheld. How he wasn't ruled down short of the yard line is beyond me... knee was definitely down.

Particularly mind-boggling are the 2 that Bob Labriola pointed out as well:

* It was San Francisco’s initial third-down situation of the game. Colin Kaepernick was able to complete a 14-yard pass to Torrey Smith to convert the third-and-11, but that only happened because right tackle Erik Pears was not flagged for holding despite grabbing Arthur Moats by the arm right in front of an official.

* The 49ers scored their first touchdown a couple of minutes into the fourth quarter, and it ultimately came on a fourth-down pass to Anquan Boldin. Included, however, was a bad penalty call – unnecessary roughness on Will Allen after a reception by Blake Bell – that gave the 49ers a first-and-goal at the Pittsburgh 7-yard line.

On the first one, it was obvious to anyone in the building. Okay, things get missed. But this second series, first the bad penalty call on Will Allen (player wasn't down by contact yet) and the ensuing TD where Boldin's toes were clearly farther out of bounds than DHB's were a week earlier... when reviewed by replay officials...

I'm just sitting here SMDH. Again, we're all not going to agree, but how someone doesn't step in on the Will Allen flag for roughing, and wave it off, or the multiple reviews that were missed both on the field and in the control center... and let me be clear, I have no issue with the officials calling it a TD or a turnover ON THE FIELD to force the automatic replay. That should be a professional courtesy, so coaches don't have to blow challenges.

Unfortunately, both teams blew all of their challenges, because the eye in the sky left it's glasses at home yesterday.

Now just imagine if this were a close game. Instead, this will fly under the radar until it does screw someone. (See: Dez Bryant, playoffs.)

http://steelcityunderground.com
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 2:50 pm

Good starting field possession has indeed been probably the most overlooked issue that we have had the past few years. Berry becomes an asset to our defense because now when opposing teams only have to travel 50 yards to score a td, now they may have to travel 70+

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 4:11 pm

HeinzMustard wrote:
Goat:  Mitchell for that cheap shot on Hyde.

That was horrible. Mike Mitchell is a coward. POS said he was going to start targeting knees and is now doing it.

Game Ball goes to Ben. I thought that was one of the best games he has played. Hope he keeps it up.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 5:58 pm

Ben, Tuitt receive top PFF grades for play against 49ers:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/09/steelers-roethlisberger-tuitt-receive-top-pff-grades-for-play-against-49ers/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next