Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)

Go down 
+26
SteelCityUnderground
HeinzMustard
Vis
Stella Nation
SteelersNorth
El-Gonzo Jackson
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Master_Of_Puppets
Chaotic Zen
white_steel_wolfe
DesertSteel
Steel Peon
pczach
OX1947
SteelerSpartan
BlackAndGold
tony hipchest
WVABE
vasteeler
SteelerFreak58
Steeler Zach
ImperialFan
SoCalFan
Lokki
Fire Arians
Wallace108
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) Empty
PostSubject: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:11 pm

Let em' rip. Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) 792589548

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:13 pm

Great overall team win, Offense looked unstoppable and the defense played with a fire that i haven't seen in years.

But I'll pick Ben if I have to choose one. Absolutely flawless game by him.

Shazier is my runner up. That guy was a beast today
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:14 pm

Game Balls
Shazier
Ben
D'Lo Williams
Brown
Heyward-Bey
Cam Heyward
Heeeeeaaaatttthhhhh

Goats
SCOBEE
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:16 pm

I think to O could've put up 60 if they wanted! D-line was good.

Goat- scobeeeee.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:16 pm

Balls:

1. A. BROWN
2. D WILLIAMS
3.SHAZIER
4. DUPREE

goats.

secondary

Wallace108

Game Balls

There are quite a few game balls that can be handed out, but I'm starting off by singling out Shazier. He had a monster game today. It was only one game, but he showed signs of being scary good.

Goats

Fox for not taking away the 49ers' late non-TD and listing the final score as 43-24. I've watched the NFL for 35 years, and I don't recall ever seeing a network mess up a final score. Even the announcers got the score wrong after Kaepernick's run was ruled short of the goal line.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Steeler Zach

Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:20 pm

Game balls:

Ben
Brown
Williams
Shazier
O-Line

Goats:

Scobee
4th quarter pass defense
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:21 pm

Last years #1 and this years #1 Shazier and Dupree both looked really good. Its great to see sound young talent finally pan out on defense, applying pressure, making good tackles can make up for what we lack in the secondary.

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:30 pm

Game balls:
Ben
Shazier

Goat
Scobee
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:31 pm

What did Scobee do to be a goat? I tuned in late.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:33 pm

ben +1

secondary -1

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:33 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

Missed an extra pt attempt
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

Missed an extra pt attempt

That better not happen again. Sushi wouldnt have done that. I thought Scobee was supposed to be a pretty good kicker... Hmmm

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:41 pm

vasteeler wrote:
ben +1

secondary -1

I don't think the secondary played that bad, they were pretty lights out until they got a big lead and went to a more prevent D. That long TD to Torrey smith was the only real f-up
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:45 pm

Boldin had a big drop and the TE's were wide open here & there but they played pretty good over all. The play Boykin made in the end zone was nice.

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:48 pm

Goat- #@%*&^)@

Game Balls- At least I got to listen to the game on the radio.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:50 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

Suck

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:53 pm

I am 100% certain, after the game in the locker room, Mike Tomlin held up a football and said "welcome to the Pittsburgh Steelers DeAngelo Williams" as he handed it to him.

Nothing says red zone production like three rushing touchdowns. DeAngelo deserves this day of black and gold glory.

. .
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:57 pm

No love for Jordan Berry?

His 62 yard punt out of the end zone was a beauty

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 4:58 pm

Good signs and a great win...

Ben was slingin it....the wrs and TEs were catching it...even DHB
The OL held strong both in the pass blocking and run game...particularly in the redzone...which is something we've been waiting for years around here

D-Will kept at it and started to break through late....and next week we get bell back to help him out

The defense was locked in and amped up most of the day

After all the mental mistakes last week....I feared they may have been farther away than we thought coming into the season....but I think we can rest a little easier.

They aren't there yet but it looks like they are back on track and we can have hope come playoffs....they'll get good enough to give us a chance

It's a shame Hyde was hurt and didn't get to play the whole game.....but it was really encouraging to see the defense get locked in and bottle up their running game....Ryan was all over the place and really got after Kap when he tried to get mobile. Bud finding his NFL legs....Tuitt and Heyward looked good as well

The Dbs played really well there for a spell....Gay came up with some nice breakups and the safeties were filling running lanes well. ...There are still some situations where it's not there yet...like our safeties falling down on 4th and goal.but as I said...I saw enough signs to hope again they'll get good enough over the course of the season.

the only true goat was scobee. Geesh that guy....he better figure it out before he costs us a W

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:23 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 5:00 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:

I think the Steelers have a future pro bowler in that guy. He is awesome.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 5:23 pm

The other big ?????? Of the day was...

Man I saw a lot of Cam Thomas out there...not sure I want to be relying on him that much

tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 5:30 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:

you would give a game ball to a punter for a single kick, when our new free agent running back scored three touchdowns in his second game?

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 5:32 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:
The other big ?????? Of the day was...

Man I saw a lot of Cam Thomas out there...not sure I want to be relying on him that much
it's not like we got gashed with the run. He's better than any of the DL behind him on the depth chart

. .
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 5:49 pm

The entire offense deserves a game ball. Ben was awesome, and the high level of play by the offensive line was terrific. There were a couple dropped passes, but the weapons got open all day. They looked unstoppable today.

The defense deserves a game ball. I haven't seen a Steelers team have that many big hits in a game in a loooooong time. They swarmed to the ball, arrived with bad intentions, laid the wood, and the coverage made them earn everything while the game was still a game. Shazier, Tuitt, and Dupree look like they will have long productive careers and be the backbone of the defense for some time.

I'm not giving a goat for the game. Whatever has been going on with Scobee looks like he got corrected with his last couple kicks. Let's not blow up the internet telling this Pro Bowl caliber kicker he sucks and put any more pressure on him. His kickoffs are also helping the coverage teams and overall field position. He'll be OK.

This was a very complete victory. Both sides of the ball played well, and the 49ers got all their yards and most of their points when they were going four downs on every possession, and the Steelers loosened the defense.

A big thumbs up, and a promising sign of future performance! Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) 184121345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. 49ers)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next