Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLet's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...

Go down 
+16
Lokki
SteelersYak
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Geordie
IowaSteeler927
tony hipchest
marvology
Atlanta Dan
FrancoLambert
stlrtruck
schillah
Hawaii 5-0
ImperialFan
WVABE
lotas
Fire Arians
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 6:38 pm

Raiders beat the ravens, browns, chargers and now the jets, nothing special really. I fully expect us to win this game! They are 20th. in the league running the ball, I think our defense can stuff the run and get pressure on Carr! If Ben plays well ( and these damn receivers hold on) we should take this one, being at home and being pissed off and desperate!!!

Please STEELERS, show up and PLAY! I live out West and am surrounded by raider fan, cholo nation, gangster nation whatever...They are going to be in my ear all week! Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... 3458818396

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 6:42 pm

If our defense shows up like it has lately (minus the chiefs game), I'm sure we can shut those guys down.

I'm more concerned about the offense being able to score, Ben didn't look right after the first drive. Hopefully it was first game back jitters / rust, he did admit he was nervous coming back. He's a veteran though, so he'll know how to bounce back.

Though something about the damn raiders always makes me nervous, we NEVER seem to beat them, our house or theirs. I think the last time I ever seen them beat the raiders Kordell Stewart was still our QB
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 6:49 pm

Oh Kordell... Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... 3562723908

I dunno, the more I think about the big drops by our receivers in the bungle game the more I think Ben actually played pretty well with the exception of a few big ones that got away! Was our game to win, moving on. fuckitburns...

Look at it this way, if the raiders were 1-6 I would be shakin in my boots.

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Our offense will be the deciding factor in this game. The defense is getting better and better and they did great against a very good Cinci offense. Ultimately, our defense could not win that game for us and we gave it away on a silver platter. The offense HAS to get better at putting more points on the board to win games from here on out, regardless of how dominant the D is.

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 7:15 pm

If BB keeps the pass attempts to 30 or fewer we have a good shot.
Ride Williams for all its worth.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 7:47 pm

There is no way we lose this game. Remember last season, when our backs were up against the wall we delivered. Bengles beat us (rare) maybe we reverse the raider curse

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:09 pm

Vegas has us favored by -5...
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:24 pm

This game is going to be pivotal. If we win, we have a legit shot at the wild card. We cough this one up and we will have an identity, Kind of like when the eagles had the dream team, except most our players are home grown.

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 am

SoCalFan wrote:
Raiders beat the ravens, browns, chargers and now the jets, nothing special really. I fully expect us to win this game! They are 20th. in the league running the ball,

Whenever the steelers face a team that ranks low in a category they make sure they end up top 5. The raiders will be successful running the ball. I am not confident about this game. Raiders are an improved team...they beat the steelers when they were terrible.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 8:32 am

The way Carr is chucking the ball around, our secondary scares me a bit. However, I feel confident our offense can over perform and bring home the 'W'

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 8:55 am

To quote Dwight "Mad Dog" White (RIP), "Nobody in Pittsburgh goes to bed early when it's a game against the Raiders."  Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... 2672159185     Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... 3514758605
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 2:14 pm

Ruh-roh

Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 2:24 pm

I done even paying attention to injury reports this season, lol. This team doesnt even have a true starting offense or defense, its a revolving door of banged up players with one giant disaster after another. People get put on the list for no apparent reason randomly and are out for 4 weeks.

Xtreme Newb
marvology

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Lots of good omens for us

1. Ben usually plays like crap after coming back from injury
2. Oakland doesn't have a shitty record
3. Oakland coming off of a big win and isset up for the letdown
4. We're coming off of a key loss and injury; setting us up for the "rally" win

http://www.marvbook.com
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 3:03 pm

raiders are the team steelers like to "unleash hell upon".

. .
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 12:42 am

Steelers Facing Must Win Games Next Two Weeks

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11/steelers-facing-must-win-games-next-two-weeks/
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 1:58 am

I think we're going to win. Ben is harder on himself than anyone else. He knew that Bengals loss was on his shoulders, and he'll play with a chip on his shoulder going into this Raiders game. DeAngelo Williams has already shown he can carry the load in Bell's absence and I think he's going to have himself a pretty decent game as well. I also look for the defense to come out and lay the wood as they've done most of the season. I think it will be close for awhile, then we'll open up a lead and never look back.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 11:41 am

lotas wrote:
Our offense will be the deciding factor in this game. The defense is getting better and better and they did great against a very good Cinci offense. Ultimately, our defense could not win that game for us and we gave it away on a silver platter. The offense HAS to get better at putting more points on the board to win games from here on out, regardless of how dominant the D is.

I'll bet that's a sentence you you never thought you'd be posting when the season started.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 3:15 pm

tony hipchest wrote:

Tomlin's record against the Raiders, Oakland's record entering game in parentheses:

2009: Raiders 27 Steelers 24 (3-8)
2010: Steelers 35 Raiders 3 (5-4)
2012: Raiders 34 Steelers 31 (0-2)
2013: Raiders 21 Steelers 18 (2-4)

Dennis Allen was 2-0 against Tomlin, 6-28 vs. the rest of the league.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 4:50 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:

Tomlin's record against the Raiders, Oakland's record entering game in parentheses:

And the only time we beat them was when they had a winning record, lol.

Good for us if history repeats itself this Sunday.

In all seriousness I'm getting really tired of Tomlin-led teams always crapping the bed when it comes to playing teams with losing records. This is the difference between us and the Patriots* / Broncos / Green Bay, those teams destroy bad teams.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 5:00 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:

In all seriousness I'm getting really tired of Tomlin-led teams always crapping the bed when it comes to playing teams with losing records. This is the difference between us and the Patriots** / Broncos / Green Bay, those teams destroy bad teams.

You can say that again.

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 5:29 pm

Looks like Mitchell will play

Mitchell was felling well enough to chat about the Bengals game

But another key player may not be available Sunday

Steelers defensive end Cam Heyward might have a decision to make on Sunday and it is a decision that he's hoping he doesn't have to make.

Heyward and his wife, Allie, are expecting their first child on Sunday – the same day the Steelers play the Raiders at Heinz Field.

“Man, I am just trying to get this baby here now,” Heyward said following practice on Wednesday. “I don't think it will come to that (having the baby on Sunday). I have my fingers crossed (that the baby comes) sooner rather than later.”

Heyward, who is a captain on defense, did not say whether or not he will skip the game if his wife goes into labor on Sunday, but hinted toward being there for the birth of his son over playing against the Raiders.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9381649-74/story#ixzz3qZ26nBEK
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 5:59 pm

Cam can NOT miss this game! His wife should understand, his child as an adult WILL understand...

Losing to teams with losing records- "This is the difference between us and the Patriots*** / Broncos / Green Bay, those teams destroy bad teams."

Over and over and over....

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 6:05 pm

Cam will miss Sundays game to witness the birth of his child, trip over a stethoscope and a bed pan, and be placed on IR for the rest of the season. Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... 294855916

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 6:10 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:

In all seriousness I'm getting really tired of Tomlin-led teams always crapping the bed when it comes to playing teams with losing records. This is the difference between us and the Patriots** / Broncos / Green Bay, those teams destroy bad teams.
yet since Tomlin has been in the league he is one and one in Super Bowls. Patriots* are 1 & 2. Green Bay is one and 0. Denver is 0 - 1.

Pittsburgh also has another Super Bowl champion in their division. Those other three teams compete in shit divisions.

. .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...   Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs... Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk the Oakland Raiduhhhs...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next