Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homenot really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans

Go down 
+3
Buddha Bus
harrison'samonster
respect4steelers
7 posters
AuthorMessage
respect4steelers
Xtreme Newb

not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans Empty
PostSubject: not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans   not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Hi everyone, I was invited to this place by a longtime steelers fan. The reason being that I am active on other sports forums but am increasingly frustrated by the nazi-level of moderation and censorship, stupidity going on to the point where the only discussions taking place are "Yea! go team! woo!"

I'm not a hardcore football guy, but I follow and I've noticed that Steeler fans are kind of "real" about stuff. i don't know why, i don't know the history of Steelers that well and neither the city. But I have noticed a lot more adult reasonable fans coming out of your circles. So i respect that a lot.

I like to discuss sports and have debates around interesting topics, basically. I like to curse about it once in a while without offending everyone. i like to have opinions about controversial topics without offending everyone. so hopefully this is an arena i can do that in. and i also would like to discuss non football sports as well.

The reason why I'm explaining all this is to show the proper respect on the forums to the steeler fans. I am an outsider, I want to have some fun, but I want to do it with respect. just let me know if i cross the line and stuff.

if it helps, i think the Patriots* are the spurs of the nfl. and that's not really a compliment.

i don't fing care if roethlisberger has off court issues, kobe has off court issues also and i think he's the best basketball player I've ever seen. when it comes to sports, i care about skills and performances, and i don't freaking care or follow any of the gossip stuff.

that's all i can think of for now. i'll probably be walking on egg shells for a while, but this forum looks really fun, to say the least...i mean embedded videos/images and cursing?! fuck yea.
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans   not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:45 pm

thanks for the post and welcome to the board!

I've been here for a short while and have found that they are a great group of posters. Enjoy!

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans   not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:03 pm

Welcome to Thunderdome!

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans   not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:17 am

Welcome to SX respect4steelers. One thing that separates us from other forums is that we care more about community than allegiance. It doesn't matter if you're not a Steelers fan or even a football fan. We have a lot of different forums that don't relate to the Steelers or even the NFL. We're pretty laid back. As long as you abide by our COD, you'll fit right in. not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans 230572241

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans   not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:10 am

We even have *GASP* a Ravens fan on our board. He's Jewish and he likes dogs a little too much but we still love him!

All jokes aside welcome to Steelers Xtreme! I think you'll find that people here have great senses of humor. It's a great place to shoot the shit, or talk football just the same.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans   not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:33 am

welcome to the board...happy posting!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans   not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 12:57 pm

respect4steelers wrote:
Hi everyone, I was invited to this place by a longtime steelers fan.  The reason being that I am active on other sports forums but am increasingly frustrated by the nazi-level of moderation and censorship, stupidity going on to the point where the only discussions taking place are "Yea!  go team!  woo!"

I'm not a hardcore football guy, but I follow and I've noticed that Steeler fans are kind of "real" about stuff.  i don't know why, i don't know the history of Steelers that well and neither the city.  But I have noticed a lot more adult reasonable fans coming out of your circles.  So i respect that a lot.

I like to discuss sports and have debates around interesting topics, basically.  I like to curse about it once in a while without offending everyone.  i like to have opinions about controversial topics without offending everyone.   so hopefully this is an arena i can do that in.  and i also would like to discuss non football sports as well.

The reason why I'm explaining all this is to show the proper respect on the forums to the steeler fans.  I am an outsider, I want to have some fun, but I want to do it with respect.  just let me know if i cross the line and stuff.

if it helps, i think the Patriots** are the spurs of the nfl.  and that's not really a compliment.

i don't fing care if roethlisberger has off court issues, kobe has off court issues also and i think he's the best basketball player I've ever seen.  when it comes to sports, i care about skills and performances, and i don't freaking care or follow any of the gossip stuff.

that's all i can think of for now.  i'll probably be walking on egg shells for a while, but this forum looks really fun, to say the least...i mean embedded videos/images and cursing?!  fuck yea.

I guess you never saw Michael Jordan in his prime.  not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans 1689750825      
not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans 2981382511

Welcome aboard....you'll like it here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans   not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans Empty

Back to top Go down

not really a hardcore football guy, but I respect Steeler fans
Page 1 of 1