Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive

Go down 
+2
El-Gonzo Jackson
BKAnthem
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BKAnthem

JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive   JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 9:18 am

I think Tomlin and Co. should work him out...and if he looks good give him a non-Guaranteed vet min contract...He can't be any worse than what they currently have, and they can focus that draft pick on a position of depth..

He sent this same letter to every NFL team

"I am willing to work my way in and up. I am willing to lead the scout team for free for one year just to get experience in your system. I want to learn the playbook, sit under the proper tutelage and learn from your coaching staff. After that time, if you see fit to allow me to stay with the Cowboys organization, I would be eternally grateful.

[...]

My tribulations have humbled me. I am a better man because of my struggles and I simply desire an opportunity to redeem myself. I do not want my legacy to be a trail of unfulfilled dreams and missed opportunities."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635725-jamarcus-russell-says-hed-play-in-nfl-for-free-in-sports-illustrated-exclusive?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive   JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 9:42 am

Russell was paid over $36 million in guaranteed money for his NFL career. Of course he says he is willing to play for free.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive   JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 10:09 am

BKAnthem wrote:
I think Tomlin and Co. should work him out...and if he looks good give him a non-Guaranteed vet min contract...He can't be any worse than what they currently have, and they can focus that draft pick on a position of depth..

Your right, we could use someone that is a little bigger and stronger at the point of attack. Mike Adams hasn't panned out, Villanueva is still learning the ropes and they brought in Denver's cast-off in Harris. Not sure Russell has the strength, knowledge, or technique to play left tackle, but he's got the size. What the hell, kick the tires.
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive   JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 11:19 am

kirklandrules wrote:
BKAnthem wrote:

Your right, we could use someone that is a little bigger and stronger at the point of attack. Mike Adams hasn't panned out, Villanueva is still learning the ropes and they brought in Denver's cast-off in Harris. Not sure Russell has the strength, knowledge, or technique to play left tackle, but he's got the size. What the hell, kick the tires.

JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive 1797695198
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive   JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 11:20 am

If this doesn't work he should go to Canada and get some game film and experience
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive   JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 11:31 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Russell was paid over $36 million in guaranteed money for his NFL career.  Of course he says he is willing to play for free.

I maintain he's the smartest man ever, if he tanked on purpose. Cashed in, shouldn't have any major injury or health concerns, etc.

That is, if he did it... takes a lot of guts when it comes to what you'd be remembered by.

http://steelcityunderground.com
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive   JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 2:18 pm

BKAnthem wrote:
I think Tomlin and Co. should work him out...

come on man
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive   JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 2:50 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Russell was paid over $36 million in guaranteed money for his NFL career.  Of course he says he is willing to play for free.

I maintain he's the smartest man ever, if he tanked on purpose. Cashed in, shouldn't have any major injury or health concerns, etc.

That is, if he did it... takes a lot of guts when it comes to what you'd be remembered by.

Didn't he score a 1 on the Wonderlic? His entire issue was that he didn't quite have the mental capacity to read defenses. I don't mean to be cruel to the poor guy. But you know it's over when the player wants to play for free.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive   JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 3:04 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
SteelCityUnderground wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Didn't he score a 1 on the Wonderlic? His entire issue was that he didn't quite have the mental capacity to read defenses. I don't mean to be cruel to the poor guy. But you know it's over when the player wants to play for free.

That's what I meant by being smart enough to know you're not smart enough. Run with the money!

BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive   JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
BKAnthem wrote:

come on man

What's the Problem? It's a 0 risk, High Reward situation if it worked out...dudes been working with Jeff Garcia last couple of years on the physical and mental aspect of the game...a non-guaranteed vet minimum if he makes the team...he can't be any worse than Gradkowski, Vick, or Jones...and would cost next to nothing...and he doesn't get a roster spot if he doesn't earn it...this team has held onto more than a few scrubs recently for a lot more money..
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive   JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 12:56 pm

BKAnthem wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
BKAnthem wrote:

come on man

What's the Problem? It's a 0 risk, High Reward situation if it worked out...dudes been working with Jeff Garcia last couple of years on the physical and mental aspect of the game...a non-guaranteed vet minimum if he makes the team...he can't be any worse than Gradkowski, Vick, or Jones...and would cost next to nothing...and  he doesn't get a roster spot if he doesn't earn it...this team has held onto more than a few scrubs recently for a lot more money..

We can agree to disagree, but I'd take all 3 of those QB's over someone who hasn't even been in the league for several years.

Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive   JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 6:33 pm

Can they really consider it an "exclusive"? It's not like other sport magazines have been beating down his door for an interview.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive   JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive Empty

Back to top Go down

JaMarcus Russell Says He'd Play in NFL for Free in Sports Illustrated Exclusive
Page 1 of 1