Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeVince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke

Go down 
+4
Atlanta Dan
IowaSteeler927
Hawaii 5-0
Wallace108
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke Empty
PostSubject: Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke   Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 1:51 am

By Kirstie Chiappelli

Just when you thought the Steelers-Bengals rivalry couldn't possibly get more heated, Vince Williams reminded us the hostility will never die.

Following the harrowing death of Harambe the gorilla at the Cincinnati Zoo on Saturday, the Steelers linebacker jumped at the opportunity to use the tragedy as firepower against the division-rival Bengals.

“The Gorilla was from Cincinnati. I didn’t drop one tear. He in a better place now,” Williams wrote in a tweet Wednesday.

After immediately drawing backlash on Twitter, Williams refused to back down and urged people to not lose their minds over the joke.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/harambe-gorilla-death-cincinnati-bengals-steelers-vince-williams-nfl-rivalry-vontaze-burfict/vcrp00cia69m1kjutfjwk74um

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke   Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 2:00 am

I just lost a lot of respect for Vince Williams...
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke   Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 7:52 am

Pretty stupid. Williams just needs to shut up and quit making these kinds of boneheaded remarks over social media. Stupid, insensitive, and throwing fuel on the fire for no good reason.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke   Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 7:57 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Agreed - he is an idiot

Williams stepped in it by threatening to shoot Burfict after Bell was hurt last November

Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke Burfict-1-Williams-11-03-15

Now this ignorance - further evidence that twitter is another method by which world class morons confirm their status to the outside world
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke   Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 7:59 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Agreed - he is an idiot

Williams stepped in it by threatening to shoot Burfict after Bell was hurt last November

Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke Burfict-1-Williams-11-03-15

Now this ignorance - further evidence that twitter is another method by which world class morons confirm their status to the outside world

Honestly that one was pretty damn stupid, he has to understand his position as a professional athlete but at the same time I understood it a little more because it was in the heat of the moment. I have to imagine these guys get sick of watching the Bengals intentionally trying to hurt guys like Bell, Ben, and Brown every single time we play them.

That being said he should have learned his lesson the first time around, the whole gorilla thing was stupid, and he knew better.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke   Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 9:57 am

Memo to Vince Williams:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."    Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke 1505004552
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke   Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 10:29 am

I had no choice but to address all of this stupidity in this morning's podcast, including some fans who still think saying things like "Ben Rapistberger" are tactful jokes. (Hint: it's not funny.)

There was also some foolish BS with the Cincy soccer team trying to piggyback on the NFL rivalry to boost their franchise. I talk about that too.

http://steelcityunderground.com
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke   Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 11:41 am

Tomlin needs to reign this team in. Social media is a playground for stupidity, and this team does not need to enter into that zoo...bad timing, but truly that is what that place is. Tomlin should create a rule: a moratorium of social media use while employed with the Steelers. Don't give the media anything they can sink their teeth into while you keep your head down and do your job for 1-10 years.

Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke   Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 12:32 pm

I hate the bengals too but man that's kinda messed up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke   Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke Empty

Back to top Go down

Vince Williams keeps Bengals rivalry alive with dead gorilla joke
Page 1 of 1