Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats

Go down 
+10
LambertWardSteel
El-Gonzo Jackson
Steel Peon
Rick5895
Steelcitian
OX1947
Fire Arians
Steeler-in-west
SteelerSpartan
stlrtruck
14 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats Empty
PostSubject: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Well the team woke up in the 2nd half and put the jets away, but it wasn't without stress.

List 'em all Gameballs and Goats...

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 4:06 pm

Gameballs:
Defense for standing ground with the offense was offensive
Bell for obvious reasons
Coates (1/2 gameball) for his 2nd half performance
Brown for not dancing during his TD
Offensive line for the protection on Ben

Goats:
Coates (1/2 goat) for his easy drops

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 4:15 pm

I don't want to get too excited until I see them take this level on the road more consistently and there were some things that need to get cleaned up......but for the most part.....I'm thrilled with how they have played since week 3....fantastic....love it baby. Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats 792589548

OL gets my game ball award for taking on a stout DL today...short handed

The one Goat I'll gripe about is.....Tomlins Fake FG.....My lord Mike, we have Leveon bell, Antonio brown, and Big Ben on our offense.....Let that Talent go to work if we are going to go for it!!!!!

You pulled that crap last year in Seattle, please stop Now and let Ben,Antonio,Le'veon use their abilities.!!!!!

Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 4:30 pm

Gameball: O-line

Goat: fake field goal. I agree we should've either gone for it with Ben to bell or AB or just hand it off to Bell. Or get the three. A slow footed punter needing to get 2 yards needs perfect blocking. And our blocking wasn't perfect on that play.

On a side note: so happy philly lost. Sick of hearing that hype. They're good, but not a great team (we just had a bad week). Laughing how the pundits are now backtracking on the philly hype.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 4:35 pm

Game ball - washington redskins

YOU LIKE THAT BALTIMORE? HAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 5:13 pm

Little off topic, anyone have a good like to red zone channel? The one with andrew hosting?
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 6:18 pm

Great week! Steelers win, Ratbirds lose and Bungholes getting stomped.
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 6:36 pm

My game ball goes to Chris Hubbard, coming in to RT against that DLine, he did a GREAT Job!!!
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Sammie Coates is tough, and he's not about to let a little thing like a dropped ball (or 3 Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats 2097682944 ) get into his head. He never gave up, and bounced back with fire in his eyes, and I'm liking him as our permanent #2.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 2:46 am

Gameball- Oline for keeping Ben upright.
Ben for 4 TD, 380yds and 124 rating

Goat- Coates for still having bad hands like he did at Auburn.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 5:20 am

Steelcitian wrote:
Great week! Steelers win, Ratbirds lose and Bungholes getting stomped.

There's a decent chance the Steelers could be the only team in the AFC North to win again next weekend....Ravens at Giants, Bengals at Pats* (although would prefer Bengals win, Browns at...opponent doesn't matter...any high school team will do Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats 2981382511
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 6:17 am

Game balls : Munchak and the patchwork O-line

Bell for being Bell
AB for not drawing a flag although giving a fan a TD ball should have drawn a flag. I mean C'mon AB. Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats 1072540953
Defense played well so most of them get one.

Goats: I have to agree Tomlin for the fake field goal.
Cockrell for his bonehead penalties and poor tackling.
Mitchell for once again hitting a defenseless receiver (lucky it wasn't called) and having the stupidity to stand there and celebrate it.

Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 3:49 pm

Balls:  O-line and Munchak's coaching - last week I was going to post that Hubbard would get beat like a drum...so glad I didn't post that and wind up looking like a fool  Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats 2981382511

Ben - no explanation needed

Coates - despite his many drops he battled, hung in there, and made big plays when needed

Goats:  Tomlin's fake FG call - totally unnecessary at that point in time and he gave the Jets momentum which they capitalized on

Mitchell - his late hits will end up costing us....probably against the Ravens
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Steel Peon wrote:
Sammie Coates is tough, and he's not about to let a little thing like a dropped ball (or 3 Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats 2097682944 ) get into his head. He never gave up, and bounced back with fire in his eyes, and I'm liking him as our permanent #2.
He was dealing with a slashed hand that needed stitches at halftime too...

Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 12:55 pm

Crazy to think, but Coates is within 20 yards of leading the team in receiving yardage so far this season
Back to top Go down
Rhyno

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 12:56 pm

Plenty of Game Balls to go around. I'll give mine to:

Hubbard for his awesome work filling in for Gilbert.

Ben for never giving up on Coates. I was yelling for Coates to be benched and Ben just kept feeding him the ball.

Vince Williams for his continued high level of play. He was here before Shazier, and I think he'll be here after he is gone.

Only Goat I have is Tomlin's shitty fake field goal call. Overall the coaching was great, however.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats   Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers week 5 (jets) Game balls and goats
Page 1 of 1