Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHistory shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed

Go down 
+4
LambertWardSteel
Wallace108
Fire Arians
effyou515
8 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed Empty
PostSubject: History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed   History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 10:32 am

Quote :
Obviously, the Steelers should and will do everything in their power to obtain the AFC's top seed, but even if they don't, history shows it won't necessarily be the end of the world.
Since the NFL added an extra wild-card team (and thus a third-round) to the postseason in 1978, the Steelers have been a No. 1 seed five times--1978, 1992, 1994, 2001 and 2004.
Despite Pittsburgh surviving the divisional round four times, only the legendary 1978 squad that finished 14-2 in the regular season was able to take advantage of home-cooking when it advanced to Super Bowl XIII, where it outlasted the Cowboys, 35-31, in a Super Bowl for the ages.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2017/11/30/16717058/history-shows-the-steelers-might-be-better-off-with-a-no-2-seed-afc-playoffs-Patriots*

i don't know about you but imo the Steelers always come out flat the next game after a bu bye week.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed   History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 12:24 pm

You always want the first round bye. History always said the #6 seed couldn't win it either, I'll still gladly take the #1 over the #2. Ben plays much better at Heinz field, which will give us a much better chance.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed   History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 1:04 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Ben plays much better at Heinz field

Winning argument right there.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed   History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
You always want the first round bye. History always said the #6 seed couldn't win it either, I'll still gladly take the #1 over the #2. Ben plays much better at Heinz field, which will give us a much better chance.

Yeah, agree with this. I think the week off in playoff time important for rest and getting people healthy. Still a lot football to be played but Steelers likely aren't worse than the #2 seed this year. As it stands they are 3 games ahead of the 3 seed Tennessee (2 games + tiebreaker) and 4 games ahead of 4 seed KC (3 games and tiebreaker). It's better for Pittsburgh if win totals start getting close that Jax doesn't win their division.

To my understanding Steelers still could lose a game before or after the Pats* and get 1 seed as long as they beat the Pats*. That's assuming Steelers and cheats win all their other remaining games. I'd sooner the Steelers finally beat the cheats themselves in the playoffs. For me and I think most fans it would be the ultimate game of a lifetime short of a SB. But Pats* getting Jax-KC-or Baltimore divisional round wouldn't be a bad thing. KC playing poorly right now but did beat them earlier, and Balt/Jax defense are the types that sometimes give Pats* trouble.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed   History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 6:48 pm

No team wants to go to Foxboro in January. It is that simple.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed   History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 7:46 pm

jak341 wrote:

Well other than Mark Sanchez History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed 1797695198
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed   History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 8:43 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
jak341 wrote:

Well other than Mark Sanchez History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed 1797695198

My thinking is on any given week the seemingly impossible may happen and the more things stay the same the more likely they are to change. There's always a Sanchez, Joe Namath or Eli Manning vs. and undefeated, 80 point favorite, cheat's team.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed   History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 5:52 am

I just want to see us run the table. Make them all play in our house up until the SB. It's not only Ben, I think the entire team plays better at home.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed   History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 7:38 am

Yeah we need to be at home during the playoffs, I'd feel a lot more comfortable that way.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed   History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 5:59 am

I take the #1 seed and an upset in the divisional game between the Pats* and the Titans/Jaguars History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed 1797695198
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed   History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 6:30 am

Stella Nation wrote:
I take the #1 seed and an upset in the divisional game between the Pats** and the Titans/Jaguars History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed 1797695198

So would I. We get the #1 seed and watch the Jags eliminate the Patriots*. Then we get redemption beating the Jags in the AFCCG. I'd love that.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed   History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed EmptySun Dec 24, 2017 10:37 pm

With Jax loss today Steelers only need one win in last 2 to clinch 2 seed.

PostSubject: Re: History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed   History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed Empty

Back to top Go down

History shows the Steelers might be better off with a No. 2 seed
Page 1 of 1