Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D

Go down 
+2
solardave
Hawaii 5-0
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D Empty
PostSubject: Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D   Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:41 pm

By Dan Hanzus
End Around Writer
Published: Dec. 13, 2017

This is a wild collection of data that should keep every Steelers fan from getting too overconfident as we approach The Biggest Game Of The Season. If you're a super optimist, you can point out that this is a superior Pittsburgh defense compared to what we've seen in recent years, which is very true. The unit is ranked sixth in yards allowed entering Week 15, up from 12th last season and 18th in 2015.

But Brady sliced up some very good Steelers defenses earlier this decade as well. It doesn't seem to matter who's in front him -- Tommy gonna tap some Himalayan pink salt on you and eat. Add to that the unfortunate absence of Ryan Shazier and the fact that Pittsburgh couldn't find a way to slow down the Ravens last week, and well, I'm guess I'm saying Tom Brady is a must-start in all fantasy formats. Free advice for you there.

to read rest of article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000892602/article/tom-brady-has-been-cruel-in-treatment-of-steelers-d
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D   Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 5:14 am

We have always played zone against Brady. Who knows what Butler has come up with if anything different? If he hasn't it will be either a shoot out like the article says or a long day for us.

I believe the key has always been (and this is something we haven't done yet) is pressure Brady non-stop. Man coverage playing close and tight would be great but pressure on Brady is key. History has shown if you rattle him early and keep the pressure up ( I mean having him running for his life) he can not handle it. If we do this he will be talking to himself like some homeless guy on the street) or screaming at his O-line and receivers. Keep him in 3rd & long situations. We also have to stop their running attack which means we need to fill all gaps on our way to Brady.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D   Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 8:02 am

solardave wrote:
We have always played zone against Brady. Who knows what Butler has come up with if anything different? If he hasn't it will be either a shoot out like the article says or a long day for us.

I believe the key has always been (and this is something we haven't done yet) is pressure Brady non-stop. Man coverage playing close and tight would be great but pressure on Brady is key. History has shown if you rattle him early and keep the pressure up ( I mean having him running for his life) he can not handle it. If we do this he will be talking to himself like some homeless guy on the street) or screaming at his O-line and receivers. Keep him in 3rd & long situations. We also have to stop their running attack which means we need to fill all gaps on our way to Brady.

Tackling is also key. We missed a lot of tackles last week, hell - all season! Instead of trying to go for a knock out hit, go for a sure wrap 'em up and take them down approach.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D   Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 11:22 am

stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:

Tackling is also key.  We missed a lot of tackles last week, hell - all season!  Instead of trying to go for a knock out hit, go for a sure wrap 'em up and take them down approach.

You're right. I meant that when I talked about stopping the run but I wasn't very clear. We definitely need to wrap up instead of trying to make the highlight reel. I counted 5 missed tackles on one screen pass last week. 5 guys missed the tackle. How many times this year have we had someone we could have dropped in the backfield but shot right by them trying to go for the big hit.
What's even worse is by going for the hit you have at least a 50/50 shot of drawing the flag.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D   Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 12:06 pm

maybe getting a little of pressure on Brady will help.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D   Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 1:05 pm

effyou515 wrote:
maybe getting a lot of pressure on Brady will help.

fixed it for ya

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D   Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 2:15 pm

Steelers' man-to-man plans against Patriots* may be unrealistic

Phil Perry,NBC Sports Boston

FOXBORO -- It's time for Keith Butler to make good on his promise.

"We can't always play zone, especially against people like the Patriots*," the Steelers defensive coordinator told Pittsburgh's 93.7 The Fan over the summer. "You look at the people who have beaten the Patriots* in the past and a lot of them played man-to-man. I think the last time we beat them [in 2011], we were playing a lot of man-to-man coverage."

If the Steelers were to play tight man-to-man Sunday -- taking a page from the Dolphins, Texans and others who've given Tom Brady trouble in the past -- they'll be giving the Patriots* something different than what they saw last year in the AFC title game.

But so far at least, according to Bill Belichick, they're essentially running the same scheme they were a year ago.

to read rest of article:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/steelers-man-man-plans-against-155723327.html
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D   Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 6:05 am

I think Hargrave has to come up big in this game stopping the run. Williams needs to cover Gronkowski, we need to play man and jam these guys coming off of the line. This gives Tuitt, Heyward, Dupree and Watt time to get to Brady. Everyone needs to tackle better and swarm (like the Steelers of old) to the ball and gang tackle.

Like Joe Greene said years ago "from this point on NO ONE gets past the 50 yard line". I know, I can dream right?
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D   Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 8:07 am

solardave wrote:
I think Hargrave has to come up big in this game stopping the run. Williams needs to cover Gronkowski, we need to play man and jam these guys coming off of the line. This gives Tuitt, Heyward, Dupree and Watt time to get to Brady. Everyone needs to tackle better and swarm (like the Steelers of old) to the ball and gang tackle.

Like Joe Greene said years ago "from this point on NO ONE gets past the 50 yard line". I know, I can dream right?

I'd like to see Harrison jam Gronkowski, then get in the backfield, releasing Gronk to Williams in coverage. Then pressure the WRs at the line - yes jamming them to disrupt Marsha's timing.

The front line is going to have to give an all out effort for 60 minutes in order to make Marsha uncomfortable.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D   Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 10:19 am

stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:

I'd like to see Harrison jam Gronkowski, then get in the backfield, releasing Gronk to Williams in coverage.  Then pressure the WRs at the line - yes jamming them to disrupt Marsha's timing.

The front line is going to have to give an all out effort for 60 minutes in order to make Marsha uncomfortable.

That would work.
Mexican word of the day. Choota. I want to see Tuitt, and Heyward choota gap and sack Brady.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D   Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 12:21 pm

solardave wrote:

Dupree hasn't shown much this year. I'm not sure what his issue is, but he's having a Jarvis Jones-like year.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D   Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 2:30 pm

It is hard to play for an opponent at Heinz Field but Patriots* sadly have come to beat Steelers at their game whether home or away. Hope that the fans and the players can really stick it to Brady and Belichick and company.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D   Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Brady doesn't have a chance,,, had a fish dinner Friday and ate two fish sammiches today. Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D 1557163439

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D   Tom Brady has been cruel in treatment of Steelers' D Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1