Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJames Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL

Go down 
+8
IowaSteeler927
effyou515
Master_Of_Puppets
solardave
JPPT1974
SteelerFreak58
LambertWardSteel
jak341
12 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL Empty
PostSubject: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 12:27 pm

Father time is still undefeated.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23197394/linebacker-james-harrison-retiring-nfl
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 5:27 pm

The article's title says it all: Ex-Steelers, Patriots* LB James Harrison retiring

Harrison was right up there with Lambert for me as an all time favorite. Sickens me to think he tarnished his legacy, and not to mention some of his own comments about the Pats* cheating, to play 3 lousy games. It may have been a little easier to take if he had some years left, the Steelers were going youth, and he wanted to be able to play and not sit the last few years of his career. Reading the article it sounds like he had a feel he was retiring soon anyhow which makes it even harder to take.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 7:37 pm

Wish him well he was a hell of a Steeler and helped us win rings.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 11:54 pm

Good luck to him in his future endeavors there. Quite a beast.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 4:52 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
The article's title says it all: Ex-Steelers, Patriots** LB James Harrison retiring

Harrison was right up there with Lambert for me as an all time favorite. Sickens me to think he tarnished his legacy, and not to mention some of his own comments about the Pats** cheating, to play 3 lousy games. It may have been a little easier to take if he had some years left, the Steelers were going youth, and he wanted to be able to play and not sit the last few years of his career. Reading the article it sounds like he had a feel he was retiring soon anyhow which makes it even harder to take.

" If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler! " Jack Lambert

For me this is why Harrison will never be up there with Lambert. I lost all respect for him when he signed with the Patriots*. I don't wish him any harm but I can't say I admire him anymore.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 4:35 pm

question - will james harrison be in the Hall Of Fame ? will he be first ballot ?

personally i think he should get in , maybe not 1st ballot.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
question - will james harrison be in the Hall Of Fame ? will he be first ballot ?

watch him go in as a Patriot.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 4:48 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Someone asked Ed Bouchette this question in his chat today. Here is his response:

Michael: Does Harrison have a shot at the Hall of Fame? To me, he was one of the most dominant defenders in the league for a 5 year stretch, and I would argue he was the best player (regardless of position) in the league in 2008 when he won Defensive POY and the Steelers won SB 43. If Terrell Davis got in, I think Harrison has a shot.

Ed Bouchette: I believe he is worthy, but I do not think he'll make it. OLBs in the 3-4 need sacks and while he is the franchise record-holder there, his 84.5 career sacks (including 4 total with Bengals and Patriots*) will not be looked on kindly by the voters.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 7:27 am

I still love Harrison deep down, but going to the Patriots* killed a lot of my respect. I mean be a man of your word, if you're going to criticize that team for cheating, and then you join them, when they're one of our most hated rivals, it's kind of hard to take you as seriously as I did before. I think Harrison definitely damaged his legacy with Steeler Nation, it'll take a little time for those wounds to mend and we'll forget about that transgression though. I do wish him the best.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 9:53 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Wish him well he was a hell of a Steeler and helped us win rings.

This.

Those couple of games with the cheaters will not tarnish what he did for us. He has a drive within him that few people have, only interested in winning and that makes him a bit selfish. When the dust settles, Steelers fans will forgive him for what happened last season and rightfully so. For me it makes it easier that he didn't win the SB with the Patriots*.

As for the HOF, the combination of being a Steeler (playing for a highly regarded and popular organisation helps), being one of the best defenders during a 5 year span, still performing years after that and making one of the biggest plays in the history of the SB will get him in. Probably not as a first ballot.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 7:24 am

I'm thankful for the hard word, dedication, and time Harrison put in with the Steelers. Yes, his actions this season (warranted or not) have soured my view of him, but as mentioned, without him we don't beat the Cardinals.

He was a vital part of our defense, and for that he should be recognized.

HOF - not first ballot, but eventually.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Like most fans, I was angry about him signing with the Patriots**, but that anger has passed. Harrison isn't a Patriot any more than he's a Bengal. Harrison is a Steeler, and a great one. That's how I will remember him.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 3:54 pm

Without him we are minus one Supebowl trophy because of that interception and run back. That is all that needs to be said. The man is a Steeler Legend and always will be.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 4:33 pm

I miss the way Harrison bent back and got around OTs with all those one hand strip sacks RBs couldn't block him I see why Harrison left he wasn't going to get on the field in Pittsburgh.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 3:02 am

After reading some of you guys posts, I think you're right. I think a few games with those Massholes can be forgiven. Harrison put a lot on the line for the Steelers and gave us some very memorable plays. That Super Bowl play will always be a favorite of mine, plus any time he crushed Joe Flacco. Perhaps we do all need to bury the hatchet and welcome James back.

Thanks for the clarity fellas. I am still a little perturbed with him going to New England, but when you look at how competitive the guy is, I can understand him wanting to play and prove everyone wrong a little bit more.

Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 1:02 pm

It all delpends on how he or if he makes amends with the organization.

We’re not talking Franco and Seahawks here, Harrison went to the one team that’s been a real thorn in our side. Tomlin even mentioned looking ahead to the Patsies in the playoffs.

If James wanted to go to a team that was headed to the playoffs last season there were other choices. This move of his is not easily forgotten.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 2:03 pm

Mark Madden and James Harrison having words

https://twitter.com/MarkMaddenX/status/1045004882615443456?s=19

The reason for this? Madden called him out for this.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/09/25/leveon-bell-holdout-contract-james-harrison-undisputed-fs1/stories/201809250178
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:13 pm

jak341 wrote:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/09/25/leveon-bell-holdout-contract-james-harrison-undisputed-fs1/stories/201809250178

I don't say this often, but I agree with Madden.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 1:32 am

Wallace108 wrote:
jak341 wrote:

I don't say this often, but I agree with Madden.

Yeah I'm with Madden, as much I am usually against whatever he is spewing, he is correct to criticize Harrison. Harrison looks like a salty ex-girlfriend. Encouraging someone to fake an injury at work is immoral and unethical. Harrison is better than that. He seems to be hellbent though, on destroying whatever is left of his legacy. First you join the Patriots**, a team you say you hate because they're cheaters, then you naysay the Steelers organization and the coaching staff publicly, and now you're telling the world's biggest diva of a running back that he should come back, sign his franchise tender, and fake an injury immediately... Flat out ridiculous. Bell and Harrison need to STFU plain and simple. Harrison wants everyone to think he's the blue collar tough guy, but really he's acting like a diva WR ever since he didn't get the playing time he wanted.

I just don't get it. It's disappointing to me that guys like Polamalu, Harrison, Bell, etc... act like this towards the team that gave them their careers. Towards the fans that have attended their games, paid for their merchandise, and root for them every gameday. Polamalu wasn't happy when he was basically forced to retire, I get it, but you weren't getting the job done and the team had to make a business decision. It's ridiculous to hold that against them.

Harrison has been acting like an absolute baby ever since last year. Bell is probably the biggest diva I've ever seen outside of Terrell Owens. Thing is Owens was in the league for 20 years and was productive for the vast majority of his career. He might've been a diva, but he did his job and showed up for work. Bell has been suspended numerous times and embarrassed himself and the team, he's also been injury prone, and seems to disappear when we need him the most. Hardly deserving of the monstrous paydays he seems to think he's entitled to.

All of this crap is getting really old, and it doesn't help that the media keeps giving these idiots a platform to run their mouths.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL   James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL Empty

Back to top Go down

James Harrison Officially Retires From The NFL
Page 1 of 1