Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeConcussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison

Go down 
+5
Lemondrop
stlrtruck
Gingerchip
Bays
Buddha Bus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison Empty
PostSubject: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:55 pm

By Alan Robinson
Published: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 8:14 p.m.

A concussion-related lawsuit filed against the NFL by 73 former players, including former Raiders star Ken “The Snake” Stabler, questions why Steelers linebacker James Harrison is allowed to keep playing despite repeat offenses that endanger fellow players.

The lawsuit, filed Monday in Philadelphia, is one in a series of such legal actions nationally in which more than 2,700 former players are seeking relief from what they contend is the league’s slowness in dealing with the dangers of concussions and brain trauma.

Mentioned prominently are a number of in-game incidents from 2009 on, after a Boston University study revealed that multiple former NFL players died prematurely after developing boxer-like brain damage.

The players argue in the suit that “recidivist violators” such as Harrison, a former NFL Defensive Player of the Year and one the league’s most punishing hitters, shouldn’t be allowed to keep playing. In legal terms, a recidivist is a repeat offender. The court filing mentions five illegal hits by Harrison on quarterbacks over three seasons.

Hits by Harrison resulted in multiple players sustaining concussions, including Browns quarterback Colt McCoy last season and Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi in 2010. Harrison drew a one-game suspension for the helmet-to-helmet McCoy hit and a $75,000 fine and no suspension for the Massaquoi hit.

(Read More:) http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2272925-85/players-nfl-former-harrison-lawsuit-player-concussions-fight-game-hits?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ummmm, except for the fact that a couple of those "illegal hits" by Harrison were questionable calls by reactionary refs who were under orders from Herr Goodell to punish James for his outspoken attitude towards him and his unfair system of doling out justice.

I cry bullshit. Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison 3327560342

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:02 pm

I hope before Harrison retires, he RINGS SOMEONE'S NECK and shows people what he can REALLY do. A lot of the hits Harrison's gets in trouble for are upstaged by our very own Ryan Clark on a REGULAR BASIS. The only reason he's been in as much trouble as he has is because Goodell has a big target on his back.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:38 am

Quote :
I hope before Harrison retires, he RINGS SOMEONE'S NECK and shows people what he can REALLY do

Maybe if we're lucky it will the the commish himself.

Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:11 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Quote :
I hope before Harrison retires, he RINGS SOMEONE'S NECK and shows people what he can REALLY do

Maybe if we're lucky it will the the commish himself.

Now THAT i'd be good money to see.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:16 am

I guess these concussions have hendered these former player's memory....

that....

Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison 512807920 FOOTBALL
Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison 512807920 IS
Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison 512807920 A
Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison 512807920 VIOLENT
Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison 512807920 SPORT

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Lemondrop
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Stabler - why don't you go back into retirement?

Back when you played, during the Raiders / Steelers dogfights of the '70s, there were frequent violent clashes - MUCH worse than the "tackles" Harrison dishes out. Jack Tatum and Jack Lambert, Ted Hendricks and Mel Blount laid out shots on recievers and QBs that would result in automatic suspensions now-a-days... and no one whined. Terry Bradshaw was pile-driven, head first, by "Turkey" Joe Jones of Cleveland... and didn't even get a penalty. If Stabler isn't senile, he remembers the violence of that era - violence that wasn't even condemned - and has the balls to complain about Harrison.

Stabler, your 15 minutes are up. No one wants to hear your condemnation of James Harrison... until you condemn the violent era you willingly participated in, during your playing days.

Now go away.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Harrison: "Who is Ken ... who?"
Interviewer: "Ken Stabler."
Harrison: "Who is that?"
Interviewer: "Former Raider quarterback."
Harrison: "Never heard of him. His opinion doesn't matter to me."

Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison 1664291743 Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison 1664291743

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: James Harrison doesn't know who Ken Stabler is   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison X610-138-e1343339697281

Before the question can be asked regarding whether current players care about former players, the first question is whether the current players even know who the former players are.

Earlier this week, a concussion lawsuit led by former Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler pointed to the fact that the league’s Super Bowl XLVI commercial regarding decades of changes to the rules fails to mention “how recidivist violators like James Harrison (who has had five illegal hits on quarterbacks in three seasons) are allowed to continue to play the game.”

We noticed that language, appearing at paragraph 145 and page 65 of the 209-paragraph, 80-page complaint, we mentioned it, Alan Robinson of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review repeated it, and Harrison was asked about it on Thursday by Tim Benz of WXDX radio.

Read more...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Interesting. Not the article, but this picture:

Caption it.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:45 pm

bayz101 wrote:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Caption it.

thanks to YOUR thing Buddha i can't close my mouth now Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison 1549491426

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:21 pm

fer69 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Caption it.

thanks to YOUR thing Buddha i can't close my mouth now Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison 1549491426

You guys love it. Just admit it.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:29 pm

This ought to make the Raiders hate us even more. Now if they were only relevant enough for us to give a shit back in return, we could have another rivalry. Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:09 pm

I couldn't stand that bastard Stabler back in the day........I still can't stand him today.

Bahaha........Harrison: "Ken who"?

Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison We_bel10
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:27 pm

bayz101 wrote:

Caption it.

"The Raiders? Yeah, I heard they used to be a football team or something."
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:14 am

"I thought Carson Palmer was the Raiders QB? He loves weiners... WARBLE GARBLE."

Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison Carson-palmer-gay-hot-dog

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:33 am

"Put 'em up ... Puuut 'em uuuuup."
(You gotta use your Cowardly Lion voice when reading that. Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison 1797695198)

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:19 am

rumor has it Stabler is broke and has a quarter of a million dollar det to the IRS.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:28 am

Stabler YAWN if I played in his day I'd knock the cream out of his puff.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:16 pm

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAMIN'...... SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison   Concussion-related lawsuit mentions Steelers’ Harrison Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1