Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeReggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin

Go down 
+7
JPPT1974
effyou515
Master_Of_Puppets
solardave
IowaSteeler927
Stella Nation
Hawaii 5-0
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin Empty
PostSubject: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptySat Jun 02, 2018 2:20 pm

By Alex Kozora
Posted on June 2, 2018

Reggie Bush admitted he’s a big fan of Mike Tomlin. But that respect is not without criticism and on Good Morning Football Friday morning, Bush laid down some heavy criticism of Tomlin and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

In Bush’s words, he believes the Steelers haven’t “learned their lesson” and aren’t focused enough to match the talent they have. He began by recapping how 2017 ended.

“Everyone knew that Pittsburgh were heavily favored to win that game [against Jacksonville] and had way more talent,” he said. “Leading up to that game, what do we hear? Guys already looking forward to the Patriots* game, they’re already talking about the Patriots* game. They’re looking past Jacksonville like this is going to be a walk in the park.”

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/06/reggie-bush-believes-players-arent-responding-to-mike-tomlin/
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 12:27 pm

The most shocking news is that AB has missed OTA's because he only wants to catch passes from Ben and not from the backups. There's something terrible wrong with the mentality of our top players.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 1:07 pm

Reggie who?

The guy that had his Heisman taken away? The guy that was basically a bust in the NFL? Oh that Reggie Bush?

This team is a few key pieces away from winning a championship, just need to stay the course, and plug holes. We'll be just fine. I think the players react just fine to Coach T.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 2:49 pm

I have to agree about us looking past the Jags. The rest is Reggie Bush during the slow season.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 12:06 pm

bush is just pointing out what steeler fans have been saying for years. between being owned by the Patriots*, and choking against inferior opponents , one can only surmise that tomlin fails to motivate his teams. his teams play with zero urgency even when entire season is on the line. of course the players say the right things when interviewed , one game at a time..blah..blah blah... but yet when it's time to go big or go home, to often they go home. i mean how can an entire team all suck at the same time ? offense , defense , special teams...it's like the whole team stayed out partying till 5 AM on a game day.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 7:08 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
bush is just pointing out what steeler fans have been saying for years. between being owned by the Patriots**, and choking against inferior opponents , one can only surmise that tomlin fails to motivate his teams. his teams play with zero urgency even when entire season is on the line. of course the players say the right things when interviewed , one game at a time..blah..blah blah... but yet when it's time to go big or go home, to often they go home. i mean how can an entire team all suck at the same time ? offense , defense , special teams...it's like the whole team stayed out partying till 5 AM on a game day.

bullshit! Tomlin and the front office has been building a fast mobile defense that can stop the run and not be on their heels in pass defense.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 1:48 am

I honestly don't think it's an issue of motivation. Fault lies with both the players and the coaching staff in my opinion. Throw in injuries, like the horrific one to Shazier and that only amplifies the issues. This team is so close to winning a championship, they just need to plug the holes. The coaches and players both admitted the defense had a lot of communication issues last season, and I think a lot of that can be blamed on Shazier's absence because he was the vocal leader of the back half of the defense.

We've plugged holes at Safety with Morgan Burnett who is in my opinion a much better player than Mike Mitchell, and a more intelligent one. I think Burnett and Davis will work well together and fix the communication issues they were having in the back part of the secondary. We've brought in Veterans at LB as well, Veterans that will be much better suited to try and fill Shazier's role from a communication/leadership standpoint.

This defense has the tools and talent to be great, they just need to put it together. This will be a telling season for Keith Butler and this defense. But I don't blame any one person for it, we win and lose as a team.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 7:45 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
bush is just pointing out what steeler fans have been saying for years. between being owned by the Patriots**, and choking against inferior opponents , one can only surmise that tomlin fails to motivate his teams. his teams play with zero urgency even when entire season is on the line. of course the players say the right things when interviewed , one game at a time..blah..blah blah... but yet when it's time to go big or go home, to often they go home. i mean how can an entire team all suck at the same time ? offense , defense , special teams...it's like the whole team stayed out partying till 5 AM on a game day.

You're right we have been critical of the team playing down to inferior talent including the Patriots*.

Here is what I'm starting to believe. The fix is in. I don't care who your favorite team is. If you watch ANY game you will see penalties overlooked or in some cases fabricated. As a fan we tend to look more at the ones that benefited the opposing team and blow off the ones that go in our favor.

If I'm right then my question is: are outcomes of games predetermined? Are they scripted? Take a look back at things some players (ours) did well all year yet in these games I mentioned those players suck all game.
They don't cover or tackle and are out of position. I can't remember what game it was that the other team were something like 3rd and 5. Artie Burns was playing 10 yards off of his receiver and didn't make a move until the guy caught the ball making it a cake walk catch. I won't say Burns covers consistently that well but that to me was obvious. It's hard to look at plays like that and not wonder what the hell is going on. We let RBs brake 60,70,and even 80 yard runs because 4-5 guys missed the tackle.

The officials make judgement calls that are horrendous or miss penalties that are right in front of them. Injuries like Shazier's just make it easier to control the outcome. You can tell me to take off my tinfoil hat but I really believe this is just the start of evaluating the entertainment value of this league.

Look back to the season Lovey Smith and Tony Dungy faced off as the first African American coaches to play each other in the SB. I bet if you go back and track their seasons you will see evidence of tampering in favor of both teams. Check the 2 Harbaugh bros. playing each other. We now have a major theme to a SB playing out. Honestly I thought it was going to be an all Pa. SB last year with us playing the Eagles. If it happens this year remember you heard it here first.

I'm just saying the NFL is looking more and more like the WWE to me as time goes on.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 7:52 am

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
bush is just pointing out what steeler fans have been saying for years. between being owned by the Patriots***, and choking against inferior opponents , one can only surmise that tomlin fails to motivate his teams. his teams play with zero urgency even when entire season is on the line. of course the players say the right things when interviewed , one game at a time..blah..blah blah... but yet when it's time to go big or go home, to often they go home. i mean how can an entire team all suck at the same time ? offense , defense , special teams...it's like the whole team stayed out partying till 5 AM on a game day.

You're right we have been critical of the team playing down to inferior talent including the Patriots**.

Here is what I'm starting to believe. The fix is in. I don't care who your favorite team is. If you watch ANY game you will see penalties overlooked or in some cases fabricated. As a fan we tend to look more at the ones that benefited the opposing team and blow off the ones that go in our favor.

If I'm right then my question is: are outcomes of games predetermined? Are they scripted? Take a look back at things some players (ours) did well all year yet in these games I mentioned those players suck all game.
They don't cover or tackle and are out of position. I can't remember what game it was that the other team were something like 3rd and 5. Artie Burns was playing 10 yards off of his receiver and didn't make a move until the guy caught the ball making it a cake walk catch. I won't say Burns covers consistently that well but that to me was obvious. It's hard to look at plays like that and not wonder what the hell is going on. We let RBs brake 60,70,and even 80 yard runs because 4-5 guys missed the tackle.  

The officials make judgement calls  that are horrendous or miss penalties that are right in front of them. Injuries like Shazier's just make it easier to control the outcome. You can tell me to take off my tinfoil hat but I really believe this is just the start of evaluating the entertainment value of this league.

Look back to the season Lovey Smith and Tony Dungy faced off as the first African American coaches to play each other in the SB. I bet if you go back and track their seasons you will see evidence of tampering in favor of both teams. Check the 2 Harbaugh bros. playing each other. We now have a major theme to a SB playing out. Honestly I thought it was going to be an all Pa. SB last year with us playing the Eagles. If it happens this year remember you heard it here first.

I'm just saying the NFL is looking more and more like the WWE to me as time goes on.

I don't think it's scripted, the game is way too intricate and there are way too many variables at play to be scripting it as a whole. I couldn't even watch if I thought it was remotely scripted.

Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 7:36 pm

to words to remind people of how the steelers like to shit themselves when they are favored...TIM...TEBOW....10 COMPLETIONS THE ENTIRE GAME...FOR 316 YDS.... Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin 1505004552

THE FOLLOWING WEEK TEBOW WENT 9-26 FOR 136 YDS AND 5 SACKS against the Pats*. lost 45 - 10
this is what is supposed to happen to inferior competition , you kick their fuckin asses.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 7:31 pm

^^^
Dick Lebeau's defense?

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 3:19 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
to words to remind people of how the steelers like to shit themselves when they are favored...TIM...TEBOW....10 COMPLETIONS THE ENTIRE GAME...FOR 316 YDS.... Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin 1505004552

THE FOLLOWING WEEK TEBOW WENT 9-26 FOR 136 YDS AND 5 SACKS against the Pats***. lost 45 - 10
this is what is supposed to happen to inferior competition , you kick their fuckin asses.

Look at the secondary unit we were fielding. Not exactly the best that season. Troy who was just a shadow of his former self, Ike Taylor another shadow of his former self. William Gay was probably the best guy in that secondary to be quite honest. As I recall some of those guys were pretty banged up going into that game as well. Old age, and injuries were a recipe for disaster in that game. I hate that game, Tebow got way too much credit for that win. He was throwing to guys that were wide open by 5-10 yards. An orangutan could've been playing QB and made those completions. The Demaryius Thomas TD in OT still makes me sick to my stomach.

Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 10:02 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

THE FOLLOWING WEEK TEBOW WENT 9-26 FOR 136 YDS AND 5 SACKS against the Pats*****. lost 45 - 10

Look at the secondary unit we were fielding. Not exactly the best that season. Troy who was just a shadow of his former self, Ike Taylor another shadow of his former self. William Gay was probably the best guy in that secondary to be quite honest. As I recall some of those guys were pretty banged up going into that game as well. Old age, and injuries were a recipe for disaster in that game. I hate that game, Tebow got way too much credit for that win. He was throwing to guys that were wide open by 5-10 yards. An orangutan could've been playing QB and made those completions. The Demaryius Thomas TD in OT still makes me sick to my stomach.

sorry but you are waaaaaay off.  in 2011 the steelers had the #1 defense in the league and the #1 pass defense in the league..
http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?seasonId=2011&seasonType=REG&Submit=Go

ryan clark did miss the game because of his cyclecell anemia (sp ?) but for a 12-4 team with the best defense in the league going against an 8-8 tim tebow led team not having clark , who wasn't exactly the best cover guy or play maker ,is hardly a valid excuse.  i stand by my original critique of tomlin based on facts not emotion...thank you (drops the mic) Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin 1797695198
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

THE FOLLOWING WEEK TEBOW WENT 9-26 FOR 136 YDS AND 5 SACKS against the Pats******. lost 45 - 10

sorry but you are waaaaaay off.  in 2011 the steelers had the #1 defense in the league and the #1 pass defense in the league..
http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?seasonId=2011&seasonType=REG&Submit=Go

ryan clark did miss the game because of his cyclecell anemia (sp ?) but for a 12-4 team with the best defense in the league going against an 8-8 tim tebow led team not having clark , who wasn't exactly the best cover guy or play maker ,is hardly a valid excuse.  i stand by my original critique of tomlin based on facts not emotion...thank you (drops the mic) Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin 1797695198

I stand corrected, I guess statstically speaking I had forgotten where we ranked that season.

Despite my blonde moment, we still limped into that game. While Clark was missing because of his sickle cell, I seem to remember other guys were playing hurt as well. The Broncos definitely weren't playing us at full strength, and they had the benefit of playing at home.

JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 8:32 pm

Maybe it is Bell that is not responding to Tomlin. With his deal on the line. But really Clark missing over sickle cell. Is an excuse.

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 2:44 am

I agree with the overall sentiment here

that was a horrible week, leave it to reggie bush to revive bad memories (he's got nothing better to do) but i'm looking forward to the coming season.

re what was said, Alot of people have already said the same thing. Bush is just jumping on the bandwagon

I believe the steelers know what the problem is and will fix it. I also believe Tomlin will be on really thin ice if we do underperform again.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 5:39 pm

JPPT1974 wrote:
Maybe it is Bell that is not responding to Tomlin. With his deal on the line. But really Clark missing over sickle cell. Is an excuse.
clark's replacement, ryan mundy, wasn't the problem. ike taylor was. probably 70% of tebows 300+ passing yards was on taylors piss poor coverage. demarius thomas (200+ yds) treated him like a little bitch.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 1:18 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
JPPT1974 wrote:
clark's replacement, ryan mundy, wasn't the problem. ike taylor was.  probably 70% of tebows 300+ passing yards was on taylors piss poor coverage. demarius thomas (200+ yds) treated him like a little bitch.

Yeah I think that was the beginning of the end for Ike.

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 4:46 pm

James Harrison reveals unsuspected source of communication breakdowns

By: James Kelly

After laying bare his thoughts about Mike Tomlin’s coaching style concerning team discipline and accountability on Undisputed, James Harrison delved more deeply into defensive issues that have undermined Steelers’ efforts to return to the Super Bowl since 2010.

“To be honest with you, we need to play better defense,” Harrison said, “[We] need to get better on the defensive side of the ball. Like I said, you have the best offense in the NFL, in my opinion, over there with the offensive side. So to me, you gotta get better on defense and, you know, just do everything better.”

Asked Thursday on The Herd with Colin Cowherd whether Mike Tomlin is ‘a little loose’ in managing specific details during games, Harrison replied:

“I feel like it needs to be more disciplined, some of the things that they do coaching wise. I feel like some of the situations we were in…as far as time management, calling of defenses. We had a situation where we had double-called defenses because, you know, one thing was said and then someone said something else. You’ve got half the defense playing one defense, the other half playing something else. So, you get situations out there where it looks bad, like this guy doesn’t know what he’s doing. Well, he’s just playing a different defense possibly on that play than what the other half of the defense was playing.”

to read rest of article:

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/21/james-harrison-reveals-unsuspected-source-of-communication-breakdowns/
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 12:49 am

James Harrison: Patriots*' Bill Belichick is a better coach than Steelers' Mike Tomlin

Retired NFL linebacker James Harrison believes that Bill Belichick is a better coach than Mike Tomlin.

Speaking Thursday on Undisputed on Fox Sports 1, the five-time Pro Bowler said he appreciated the discipline and regimen that Belichick brings to the New England Patriots*, while he believes Tomlin, the Pittsburgh Steelers coach, could be "more consistent across the board with everyone."

"Mike Tomlin's good as a head coach," said Harrison, who split time with the Steelers and Patriots* last season. "He's a player's coach. I think he needs to be a little bit more disciplined.

"The big thing with Belichick is he's very regimented, he's disciplined. Everyone is going to be on the same page. It's not going to be anything as far as someone doing their own thing."

Harrison, 40, spent the majority of his career in Pittsburgh before his acrimonious departure midway through last season. After spending most of the year as a healthy scratch, frustrated by his lack of playing time, he was released and later signed by the Patriots*. He went on to be a significant contributor in New England down the stretch.

As he switched from Tomlin's coaching style to Belichick's, Harrison said on Fox Sports 1 that the difference was stark. He said the Patriots* have "meetings after meetings" and described Belichick as "old school."

When asked by co-host Skip Bayless if he believes that Belichick is "by far" a better coach than Tomlin, Harrison replied, "To me, yes."
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 12:20 pm

I'm sure this isn't a popular opinion, but Harrison isn't wrong. As much as we hate the Patriots*** and Belichick, we'd be lying to ourselves if we said Belichick isn't the best coach in the NFL. We'd also be lying to ourselves if we said Tomlin doesn't have discipline and game plan issues.

With that said, Tomlin is still a great coach, and I think he's the right coach for the Steelers. The old argument of he's only winning because he has Cowher's players became irrelevant years ago. And regardless of the players, a bad coach can't get to two Super Bowls and go a decade without a losing season.

The bottom line is that while Tomlin is far from a perfect coach and could do certain things better, he doesn't get the respect he deserves. Look at it this way ... young Steelers fans 14 years old and younger have never seen the Steelers have a losing season. How many fans of other teams can say that?

We've become so spoiled over the years that anything less than a Super Bowl is a catastrophe, not just a disappointment. And we'd gladly get rid of one of the top-winning coaches in the past decade. We're like the kid who obsesses over the toy he doesn't have rather than appreciates the toy he does have.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 2:43 pm

and we'd be lying that the Patriots* front office has a lot less loyalty to there players then the Steelers front office. over all the Patriots* being less to their players was helped them with the salary cap over the years.

Bellycheat bending the rules or just cheating the system has helped the Patriots* over the years.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 4:56 am

Wallace108 wrote:
I'm sure this isn't a popular opinion, but Harrison isn't wrong. As much as we hate the Patriots**** and Belichick, we'd be lying to ourselves if we said Belichick isn't the best coach in the NFL. We'd also be lying to ourselves if we said Tomlin doesn't have discipline and game plan issues.

With that said, Tomlin is still a great coach, and I think he's the right coach for the Steelers. The old argument of he's only winning because he has Cowher's players became irrelevant years ago. And regardless of the players, a bad coach can't get to two Super Bowls and go a decade without a losing season.

The bottom line is that while Tomlin is far from a perfect coach and could do certain things better, he doesn't get the respect he deserves. Look at it this way ... young Steelers fans 14 years old and younger have never seen the Steelers have a losing season. How many fans of other teams can say that?

We've become so spoiled over the years that anything less than a Super Bowl is a catastrophe, not just a disappointment. And we'd gladly get rid of one of the top-winning coaches in the past decade. We're like the kid who obsesses over the toy he doesn't have rather than appreciates the toy he does have.

I couldn't have said it any better Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin 1647293567
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 7:32 am

Wallace108 wrote:
I'm sure this isn't a popular opinion, but Harrison isn't wrong. As much as we hate the Patriots**** and Belichick, we'd be lying to ourselves if we said Belichick isn't the best coach in the NFL. We'd also be lying to ourselves if we said Tomlin doesn't have discipline and game plan issues.

I have a hard time seeing Belichick as the best. I say this because he cheated. Take away the SBs he won because of it and just how successful is he? I won't argue that Tomlin is not stern enough with players while Belicheck is. I think there's a middle ground that Tomlin needs to find where we win more and guys don't hate him for it. I'd love to see a pole of Patriots* player that tells how they honestly feel about their HC. I bet it wouldn't be flattering.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 4:49 pm

solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
I'm sure this isn't a popular opinion, but Harrison isn't wrong. As much as we hate the Patriots***** and Belichick, we'd be lying to ourselves if we said Belichick isn't the best coach in the NFL. We'd also be lying to ourselves if we said Tomlin doesn't have discipline and game plan issues.

I have a hard time seeing Belichick as the best. I say this because he cheated. Take away the SBs he won because of it and just how successful is he? I won't argue that Tomlin is not stern enough with players while Belicheck is. I think there's a middle ground that Tomlin needs to find where we win more and guys don't hate him for it. I'd love to see a pole of Patriots** player that tells how they honestly feel about their HC. I bet it wouldn't be flattering.

Agreed. Without those first 3 it's 2-3 SB record. Couple that with he was 1 play away (that was probably the stupidest play ever called in a championship game of any sport) from 1-4. He also coached what is probably the biggest choke in SB history when an undefeated team lost to the wild card Giants.

I for one don't buy into all this "he's won x SBs and but he's been to X" regardless of who we're talking about. That all came fashionable after one of brady's losses where he said you have to get there to win. I understand and respect you have a great season to make a SB, but imagine Montanna saying that. Imagine hearing that from Lambert or Noll. Getting there is great but they're on a tier by themself for never losing a SB that they made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin   Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next