Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)

Go down 
+10
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
jak341
stlrtruck
Stella Nation
effyou515
LambertWardSteel
Lokki
solardave
Wallace108
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 3:36 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 3:48 pm

The all purpose Finney has served well in the past. I think we'll be fine with him. Bell has run all over KC the last 3 times we've played them so I look for Connor to shine.

Stop Hill and whoever runs the ball. Cam, TJ and Bud need to introduce themselves to MaHomes in proper fashion. The rest of the defense can also join in. Sacks shouldn't be exclusive.

Ben needs to survey the field, not just look for AB.I'm hoping Washington can go and I'd sure like to see what Samuels can do.

Home field should help.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 8:08 pm

Hill scares me. Without Shazier, it may be tough to contain him.

I think Conner will have another good day though.

I would love for Washington to be able to go and sit Hunter's butt down.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 10:44 pm

Roethlisberger Expected To Play Sunday After Injuring Elbow

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger says his banged-up elbow is nothing to worry about.

He was hurt during the Steelers’ season opener in Cleveland on Sunday. He’ll take it easy at practice this week and expects to play against the Chiefs on Sunday.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/09/12/steelers-ben-roethlisberger-elbow-injury-update/

Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) 273451046

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 12:50 am

I think Conner is big again. I want to say Ben redeems himself but with the elbow maybe he's not 100%. Let's hope they right this ship starting Sunday.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 4:51 am

It's probably better he didn't practice. Maybe that rust will eventually start to look good on him. Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) 1072540953

I hope Dobbs is getting first team reps when Ben is out. Not that I want to see Dobbs playing just yet. Or Rudolph for that matter. I just want to know someone is attempting to get in sync with our WRers.
Emphasis on ers because a game plan should include all of them.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Dulac picking the Steelers this week:

Kansas City Chiefs (1-0) at Steelers (0-0-1), 1 p.m. – It’s a new era in Kansas City with Patrick Mahomes, and it got off to a rip-roaring start with a road victory against the Chargers in Week 1. It wasn’t even Father’s Day and the Steelers already received a tie they didn’t like. This will be a better present. Prediction: Steelers, 34-20

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/09/13/gerry-dulac-picks-2018-nfl-season-week-2/stories/201809130092

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 6:33 pm

Roethlisberger misses second straight practice; Steelers saying Josh Dobbs is ready if needed

Ben Roethlisberger had a forgettable start to the 2018 NFL season, suffering five turnovers against the Browns in a Week 1 tie. We found out later that the Steelers' veteran quarterback suffered an elbow injury near the end of overtime, though coach Mike Tomlin described it as part of the "bumps and bruises" associated with normal play.

But Roethlisberger didn't practice Wednesday, which isn't necessarily unusual because Tomlin has been known to give some of his veterans that day off during the season. But Big Ben didn't practice Thursday either, which certainly raises questions about if he'll suit up in the Steelers' home opener against the Chiefs on Sunday.

"We'll see how I feel tomorrow," Roethlisberger told reporters.

Typically, if a player doesn't practice Friday, Tomlin doesn't play him Sunday.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ben-roethlisberger-misses-second-straight-practice-steelers-think-josh-dobbs-is-ready-if-needed/

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 9:59 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Roethlisberger misses second straight practice; Steelers saying Josh Dobbs is ready if needed

Ben Roethlisberger had a forgettable start to the 2018 NFL season, suffering five turnovers against the Browns in a Week 1 tie. We found out later that the Steelers' veteran quarterback suffered an elbow injury near the end of overtime, though coach Mike Tomlin described it as part of the "bumps and bruises" associated with normal play.

But Roethlisberger didn't practice Wednesday, which isn't necessarily unusual because Tomlin has been known to give some of his veterans that day off during the season. But Big Ben didn't practice Thursday either, which certainly raises questions about if he'll suit up in the Steelers' home opener against the Chiefs on Sunday.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ben-roethlisberger-misses-second-straight-practice-steelers-think-josh-dobbs-is-ready-if-needed/

Josh Dobbs takes 1st-team reps at Steelers practice in lieu of Ben Roethlisberger (elbow injury)

Veterans in general and Roethlisberger in particular often sit out Wednesday practice. But missing a Thursday session is an indication of a more legitimate injury.

Dobbs said he is ready in case he is thrust into a starting role. Dobbs has never taken a regular-season snap in the NFL and became the No. 2 quarterback after Landry Jones was released in final roster cutdowns.

Asked if Roethlisberger would take part in the final practice of the week on Friday, offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner said “I don’t have (any expectation).”

Asked if he expected Roethlisberger to play Sunday, Fichtner said, “I wouldn’t be able to answer that.”

Fichtner said he would not drastically change the gameplan if Dobbs was his starter instead of 15-year veteran Roethlisberger.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14076538-74/josh-dobbs-takes-1st-team-reps-at-steelers-practice-in-lieu-of-ben

remember when Ben got his start? when Tommy Maddox hurt his arm / shoulder and didn't played again. well Ben has hurt his elbow if he misses the Chiefs game. Dobbs plays he and the offense really light up the scoreboard does Dobbs start next week?

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 11:51 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Josh Dobbs takes 1st-team reps at Steelers practice in lieu of Ben Roethlisberger (elbow injury)

Veterans in general and Roethlisberger in particular often sit out Wednesday practice. But missing a Thursday session is an indication of a more legitimate injury.

Dobbs said he is ready in case he is thrust into a starting role. Dobbs has never taken a regular-season snap in the NFL and became the No. 2 quarterback after Landry Jones was released in final roster cutdowns.

Asked if Roethlisberger would take part in the final practice of the week on Friday, offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner said “I don’t have (any expectation).”

Asked if he expected Roethlisberger to play Sunday, Fichtner said, “I wouldn’t be able to answer that.”

Fichtner said he would not drastically change the gameplan if Dobbs was his starter instead of 15-year veteran Roethlisberger.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14076538-74/josh-dobbs-takes-1st-team-reps-at-steelers-practice-in-lieu-of-ben

remember when Ben got his start? when Tommy Maddox hurt his arm / shoulder and didn't played again. well Ben has hurt his elbow if he misses the Chiefs game. Dobbs plays he and the offense really light up the scoreboard does Dobbs start next week?

If nothing else maybe cause some game planning trouble for the Chiefs in that they don't know if they get Dobbs or Ben. Especially with the way Dobbs can run

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 9:33 am

effyou515 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Nope.

Maddox was... well Maddox, while Ben is a HOF. They're not going to bench him if he misses a couple of games.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 1:54 pm

Good I want to see him redeem himself.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 2:41 pm

solardave wrote:

Not turning the ball over would be redemption, but I'd rather him redeem himself that way and by also blowing out the Chiefs.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 5:24 am

stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:

Not turning the ball over would be redemption, but I'd rather him redeem himself that way and by also blowing out the Chiefs.

I think Connor will be the key to this game. Second comes Ben playing smart and taking what their D gives him.

On D we have to stop Hunt and Hill. Keep pressure on MaHomes and contain him. We can't have him gashing us like Taylor did last week. Nothing rattles a young QB like keeping him in the pocket on your way to sack him.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 11:38 am

Just heard: no Haden, Decastro, Hunter, and Alualu
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 12:17 pm

jak341 wrote:
Just heard: no Haden, Decastro, Hunter, and Alualu

I wasn't expecting Haden or DeCastro to play, but I wasn't aware Hunter is injured. Hopefully we'll see Washington in his place, and not DHB.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Welp, they're off to a fast start in trying to give away another game. Unlike the Browns, the Chiefs will take it.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 1:13 pm

So far so bad. We look like shit the first series and STs where did they go. Artie got Burned again.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 1:15 pm

Ugly game so far. Yeesh.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 1:28 pm

We will be lucky to tie another game playing like this. God awful.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 1:34 pm

What can go wrong, will go wrong. Boswell is bankrupt.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 1:38 pm

I'm speechless. Unfreakinbelievable.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 1:40 pm

What a fucking disgrace. Embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 1:42 pm

Offense sucks. Defense sucks. Special teams sucks. Other than that ...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next