Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)

Go down 
+10
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
jak341
stlrtruck
Stella Nation
effyou515
LambertWardSteel
Lokki
solardave
Wallace108
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Ugh!

I heard Buffalo is looking for a WR....maybe Arizona too.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 5:06 pm

imo the defensive system of Butler and Tomlin is a little to complex give me 4 athletic down linemen to tie up the 5 offensive line men then mix in blitzes with a 5th rusher, with strong safeties playing OLBers..

I really like Jacksonville's defense imo they have the best defensive system in the NFL now

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 5:08 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Ugh!

I heard Buffalo is looking for a WR....maybe Arizona too.

is Tomlin losing the team?

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 12:39 am

So glad I spent so much time working OT to take my youngest brother to his first game and that's the garbage he was treated to. We had fun, the city is always great, but I wish he could've seen at least a competent team on Sunday. That defense was horrible. Worst I can remember. They looked like pee wee players trying to learn how plsy football for the first time. Miscommunication, out of position, blown coverages, you name it. Three or four times I remember calling out blown coverages prior to the snap only to watch the Chiefs fire off another big play or easy touchdown.

What a dumpster fire of a game. Defense and Special Teams should be ashamed of themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 2:59 am

If you look at all the teams who have won the SB's recently (except the Patriots**, but they are a different story and were lucky that they were given 2 SB's), they did it with strong defenses and a good but not stellar offense. Right now, we have all our stars on offense. That's often good to win games during the regular season and to reach the play-offs, but there it usually ends. On defense we only have Heyward, Watt and Haden (and he's often injured) who are good. All the rest (including Tuitt) are mediocre at best. You can have 2 or 3 starters in your team of that quality, but not 8 or 9 like we have. Maybe better coaching can help, but players like Dupree, Burns, Davis, VW,... have a limited ceiling.

If we want to have a chance to sniff at a SB again I believe we should shift from going offense to defense. That doesn't mean we have to neglect our offense, but we will need to rely more on our young (and cheap) players like Juju, Conner and Washington. The OL and maybe the QB (but not a 100M) are the only ones I would pay on offense. It's not a complete rebuild as I think we already have a good OL and some young talented players. We can also hold on to Ben until Dobbs or Rudolph can take over in a year or two. We can't trade AB this year since they've restructured his contract (it would cost us 28M in dead cap), and also in 2019 it would cost us a lot of money.

We should focus on defense, through the draft and in FA. We have a lot of cap space, 14M and counting thanks to Bell's holdout (I hope he's not coming back before week 10), we will have about 20M in cap space. That should be enough to acquire 2 really good defensive players (I don't care which position) in FA. Get the best defensive player available in the draft and even trade up a couple of spots if a really good one is dropping to the middle of the first round, like Derwin James this year. Quality is more important than quantity, since our depth is already good at a lot of positions.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 9:40 am

solardave wrote:

On offense we didn't wake up until the second quarter, then went back to sleep. The only constant in this game was the anxiety of having to watch it.

STs looked real special. Not in a good way. More like short bus special.

These made me LOL...sadly.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)   Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Chiefs (Week 2)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4