Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWeek 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Week 4: Bengals at Steelers

Go down 
+7
effyou515
Wallace108
solardave
SteelerFreak58
SteelersYak
IowaSteeler927
jak341
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 10:44 pm

Barron pick!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 10:46 pm

I'm having a tough time differentiating between our defense playing that good and the Bengals being that bad.

But.... It doesn't matter. Win is a win and and if we close this out we are only one game off the division lead.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 10:53 pm

One thing I see about Samuels running: there are times he tries to make one too many juke moves instead of running the defender over.

Last edited by jak341 on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 10:55 pm

Divisional win and 1 game back. Thats all I give a shit about. There is time for this O and D to gel. Barron and Bush looked good, Vannett can block and catch. Lots of positives we needed to see going forward.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 11:03 pm

Fitzpatrick just loves to play football.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 11:10 pm

8 sacks for the Steelers tonight.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 11:13 pm

Great team win tonight.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 11:19 pm

It was a good win. Against an 0-3 team. I already can't wait until Sunday to find out if we're improving or if the Bengals are just that bad.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 12:03 am

So from what little I watched at work, but I was keeping track on gamecast, they seemed to look worlds better tonight. Defensive abused Dalton and the O was on fire all night. Hopefully this is turning the page and they keep it going against Baltimore
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 1:33 am

Ravens QB Lamar Jackson is going to be raw meat for this Steelers pass rush Sunday.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 4:11 am

Wallace108 wrote:
It was a good win. Against an 0-3 team. I already can't wait until Sunday to find out if we're improving or if the Bengals are just that bad.

honestly i think it is the bengals are that bad. i didn't see the game just the highlights and looking at the stats. between the two i got a pretty good picture of how the game went. resorting to gimmick offenses is a sign of desperation and lack of confidence in your offense to run a traditional scheme. the stats show rudolf had a nice efficient passing day. the highlights show he threw all short passes and the bulk of his yardage came from run after the catch, with the exception of a blown coverage long catch. the running game is still bad, with most of the yards coming in a few plays. not the kind of rushing that sustains drives.

the defense picture i get from the stats and highlights are a little tougher to get a good feel for. the highlights pretty much only showed the sacks and turnovers. they collapsed the pocket very quick. the bengals oline looked like the steelers oline from years past. they looked overwhelmed and confused. it was nice to see butler went after dalton and forced him to make bad throws instead of rushing 3 or 4 and hope the dbacks can make a play. game film must have showed they had a weak line and blitzing is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 4:15 am

effyou515 wrote:
Ravens QB Lamar Jackson is going to be raw meat for this Steelers pass rush Sunday.
your way more confident then i am. jackson isnt the pocket statue that dalton is. we seen them fail to keep russell wilson in the pocket and he ate them up running when he needed to.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 5:35 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
your way more confident then i am. jackson isnt the pocket statue that dalton is. we seen them fail to keep russell wilson in the pocket and he ate them up running when he needed to.

I agree, Jackson worries me because of his ability to make plays with his feet. The Steelers will need to put a spy on him and be very disciplined in not letting him get out into open space. Our entire defensive gameplan should be centered around taking away the run game, and harassing/spying on Jackson. We should load the box and make him beat us with his arm. With our defensive front 7, and our secondary we should be able to emulate what the Browns did the Ravens.

Russell Wilson is also an infinitely more polished all around QB than Jackson is and we didn't exactly get blown out by the Seahawks. If the offense had been more consistent from the start of that game we may very well have won.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 6:30 am

This was a TEAM win. Not many mental mistakes. We didn't run the ball great but it was effective. Mason made the short throws and those guys picked up their 5-7 yards and we moved the chains. This was the game plan Fichtner needed to beat THIS team but let's see what he comes up with to top Jackson next week.Butler better scheme to keep Jackson in the pocket throwing off his back foot. I look to see Bush as the spy. I was concerned with Nelson playing so far off his receiver but if he tackles like he did we shouldn't give up the big play. It appears Fitz and Edmunds play well together. Barron and Bush look like the right combo in the middle.
Vannet did a good job blocking and his sliding catch showed he has good hands. I want to see him catching balls in the open field to see what he can do there. My thought is if they don't let Mason throw the ball down the field we may never find out how good the chemistry is with him and Washington.

This next game will tell us if this was a poor Bengals team or if we can play with the rest of the league and our first 3 games we simply underachieved. At least last night's game gave us hope. Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 1647293567

And last is the PI call on Holton. I call bullshit there. Tomlin finally makes a sound judgement on a challenge and gets it thrown back in his face.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 10:15 am

This team barely lost to the Seahawks and 49ers. A few plays here or there go our way the team could have been 3-1. The only game that was a blow out was the 1st one.

I am hopeful Fitchner and Butler are learning to scheme and adjust better. It looks like Barron and Bush are getting more comfortable and that is key for the team on D. Barron didn't get much play time in preseason and Bush is a Rookie.

Fitzpatrick is a straight baller he was all over the field and was in a lot of plays. Another bright spot and as he gets more comfortable he is going to be even better.

Vannett looks like a much more complete TE the Steelers need. He was solid at blocking and made a great catch. We needed a quality guy at TE. Again he will get better as he plays more games and gets time to practice with thet eam.

Lots of positives we moved the chains and kept the O out on the field which allowed our Defense to have more fuel in their tank in the late 3rd and 4th quarter.

Now the COACHES need to scheme to plan to beat LJ. Someone already said it stack the box and make him try to beat you with his arm. We have a beast of a secondary if used properly. Let them win their match ups. Bush spying LJ to keep him SOMEWHAT under control.

Let Rudolph throw. Juju, Washington, and Johnson are a speedy grouo all with talent. Get them the ball.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 12:20 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

they had Wilson in the first half until the defense petered out in the second half.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 2:57 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Vannett looks like a much more complete TE the Steelers need. He was solid at blocking and made a great catch. We needed a quality guy at TE. Again he will get better as he plays more games and gets time to practice with the team.

Vannett does look promising. When Vance comes back we should have a pretty good TE tandem which should help open up the playbook a little bit and make us less predictable.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 4:49 am

Honestly I hope Vannett takes over (by earning it of course) the #1 spot. I like McDonald when he is on the field but since he can't seem to string together more than 1 or 2 games in a row. This is a golden opportunity for Vannett.
Back to top Go down
HarvardAvenue
Xtreme Newb
HarvardAvenue

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 8:16 am

I think with Lamar Jackson this weekend Minkah Fitzpatrick is going to be a HUGE key in the secondary for making tackles that break the defensive front. If they can get a win over Baltimore we may be seeing a nice run of W's on the schedule (perhaps not the Chargers but after that the Dolphins, Colts at home, Rams at home, Browns, Bengals again, browns again, Cardinals, Bills at home, then the Jets). There are some definite victories in that group.

Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 2906524739 Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 2287965686
Back to top Go down
http://www.harvard-avenue.com
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 4:39 am

effyou515 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

they had Wilson in the first half until the defense petered out in the second half.

All the more reason for the offense to use clock time. Long drives by us can win this game. Put Bush on Jackson to keep him in the pocket. Stop the run and force him to beat us with his arm.
Steelers-16
Ravens-13
Gameball- Boz.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 5:16 am

solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

All the more reason for the offense to use clock time. Long drives by us can win this game. Put Bush on Jackson to keep him in the pocket. Stop the run and force him to beat us with his arm.
Steelers-16
Ravens-13
Gameball- Boz.

I watch the Browns vs Ravens game the Browns had fairly easy time keeping Jackson in the pocket and stuffed the Ravens running game and Jackson couldn't beat the Browns defense with his arm. that is why I said what I said. Steelers defense should get a couple of INTs and harass and sack Jackson all game.

Steelers offense needs to keep getting the ball out fast in the passing game and I imagine Fichtner will have a couple more deep balls mixed in the game against the Ravens.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 4: Bengals at Steelers   Week 4: Bengals at Steelers - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Week 4: Bengals at Steelers
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3