Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released

Go down 
+5
Master_Of_Puppets
solardave
LambertWardSteel
Stella Nation
IowaSteeler927
9 posters
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released Empty
PostSubject: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyFri May 08, 2020 4:03 am

Preseason HOF: vs Dallas in Canton, OH, Thursday 8 PM
Preseason Week 1: vs Tampa Bay, TBD
Preseason Week 2: vs New Orleans, 8 PM
Preseason Week 3: at New York Jets, TBD
Preseason Week 4: at Carolina, TBD

Week 1: at New York Giants, Monday 7:15 PM
Week 2: vs Denver, 1 PM
Week 3: vs Houston 1 PM
Week 4: at Tennessee, 1 PM
Week 5: vs Philadelphia, 1 PM
Week 6: vs Cleveland, 1 PM
Week 7: at Baltimore, 1 PM
Week 8: BYE
Week 9: at Dallas, 4:25 PM
Week 10: vs Cincinnati, 1 PM
Week 11: at Jacksonville, 1 PM
Week 12: vs. Baltimore, Thursday 8:20 PM (Thanksgiving)
Week 13: vs Washington, 1 PM
Week 14: at Buffalo, 8:20 PM
Week 15: at Cincinnati, Monday 8:15 PM
Week 16: vs Indianapolis, 1 PM
Week 17: at Cleveland, 1 PM

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/5/7/21250791/the-pittsburgh-steelers-official-2020-regular-season-schedule-dates-times-location-news-nfl-rumors

Not an easy schedule by any stretch. Obviously it's the NFL, and "Any Given Sunday" always applies. Sometimes the "worst" teams beat the "best" teams. That's why the games are played. But if we look at how every team performed last season, this schedule shouldn't be a cakewalk. Giants and Denver to open the season are probably two of the easier matchups on our schedule, but they are not slouches either. Denver's defense always seems to give us trouble. Houston and Tennessee back-to-back is pretty rough. Two playoff teams, with one of them having played in the AFC Championship game last season. Philly in Week 5 won't be a gimme either. They always play us tough in a game that's about Pennsylvania bragging rights, at least it's at Heinz this year. Cleveland and Baltimore to round out Weeks 6 and 7. Tough divisional matchups back-to-back and it's at Baltimore.

Week 9 we've got Dallas, yet another tough one. Dallas will be better than last season, they have some talent in their receiving corps, and in their backfield. Cinci in Week 10, divisional rivalry. Guess we'll see just how good Joe Burrow really is. The rest of the schedule isn't easy either (Jacksonville, Baltimore, Washington, Buffalo, Cinci, Indy, and Cleveland). The easiest matchups should theoretically be the Giants, Broncos, Jags, and Redskins. Could probably throw Cinci in there too, I don't think Joe Burrow is going to transform that entire team in his first season.. we'll see. Outside of those games the rest of the matchups are against teams that were in the playoffs, or close to it.

Going to be an interesting season (IF, there's a season).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyFri May 08, 2020 4:16 am

Starting at the Giants is tougher than most people think. That team is a lot better than most people give them credit for. And I don't like that we play our first game on the road. I fear a slow start of the season again. I like the second part of our season more with games against Cinci 2x, Jaguars and Redskins.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyFri May 08, 2020 5:57 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Starting at the Giants is tougher than most people think. That team is a lot better than most people give them credit for. And I don't like that we play our first game on the road. I fear a slow start of the season again. I like the second part of our season more with games against Cinci 2x, Jaguars and Redskins.

Definitely have to watch out for Saquon Barkley. Defense needs to come out ready right out of the gates. I am hoping that the offense does as well. What worries me about the offense is that they really haven't had any time to get together to hone their craft. They can workout but that's about it. Would be nice to see Ben getting together with his receivers. He didn't really get the chance to develop chemistry with them last season because of his injury.

LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyFri May 08, 2020 5:31 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Preseason HOF: vs Dallas in Canton, OH, Thursday 8 PM
Preseason Week 1: vs Tampa Bay, TBD
Preseason Week 2: vs New Orleans, 8 PM
Preseason Week 3: at New York Jets, TBD
Preseason Week 4: at Carolina, TBD

Week 1: at New York Giants, Monday 7:15 PM
Week 2: vs Denver, 1 PM
Week 3: vs Houston 1 PM
Week 4: at Tennessee, 1 PM
Week 5: vs Philadelphia, 1 PM
Week 6: vs Cleveland, 1 PM
Week 7: at Baltimore, 1 PM
Week 8: BYE
Week 9: at Dallas, 4:25 PM
Week 10: vs Cincinnati, 1 PM
Week 11: at Jacksonville, 1 PM
Week 12: vs. Baltimore, Thursday 8:20 PM (Thanksgiving)
Week 13: vs Washington, 1 PM
Week 14: at Buffalo, 8:20 PM
Week 15: at Cincinnati, Monday 8:15 PM
Week 16: vs Indianapolis, 1 PM
Week 17: at Cleveland, 1 PM

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/5/7/21250791/the-pittsburgh-steelers-official-2020-regular-season-schedule-dates-times-location-news-nfl-rumors

Not an easy schedule by any stretch. Obviously it's the NFL, and "Any Given Sunday" always applies. Sometimes the "worst" teams beat the "best" teams. That's why the games are played. But if we look at how every team performed last season, this schedule shouldn't be a cakewalk. Giants and Denver to open the season are probably two of the easier matchups on our schedule, but they are not slouches either. Denver's defense always seems to give us trouble. Houston and Tennessee back-to-back is pretty rough. Two playoff teams, with one of them having played in the AFC Championship game last season. Philly in Week 5 won't be a gimme either. They always play us tough in a game that's about Pennsylvania bragging rights, at least it's at Heinz this year. Cleveland and Baltimore to round out Weeks 6 and 7. Tough divisional matchups back-to-back and it's at Baltimore.

Week 9 we've got Dallas, yet another tough one. Dallas will be better than last season, they have some talent in their receiving corps, and in their backfield. Cinci in Week 10, divisional rivalry. Guess we'll see just how good Joe Burrow really is. The rest of the schedule isn't easy either (Jacksonville, Baltimore, Washington, Buffalo, Cinci, Indy, and Cleveland). The easiest matchups should theoretically be the Giants, Broncos, Jags, and Redskins. Could probably throw Cinci in there too, I don't think Joe Burrow is going to transform that entire team in his first season.. we'll see. Outside of those games the rest of the matchups are against teams that were in the playoffs, or close to it.

Going to be an interesting season (IF, there's a season).

Kind of my thoughts too...hoping things get better and we have a season this year.

It sucks having 3 of 4 away to end the year and also I don't like Steelers in Thanksgiving games, but at least it's home and prime time. Kind of nice to have the bye right in the middle. If Ben and Conner healthy maybe win 10-11 this year.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptySun May 10, 2020 4:56 am

I think the key is to give Ben more pre-season playing time. He needs to get in sink with his WRs. I believe our D will be pretty good again this year. The O needs to get on track early.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptySun May 10, 2020 5:33 am

solardave wrote:
I think the key is to give Ben more pre-season playing time. He needs to get in sink with his WRs. I believe our D will be pretty good again this year. The O needs to get on track early.
sre you kidding ? tomlin will have Ben in bubble rap. he will come in and hand the ball off a few times and throw a bubble screens and call it a day... Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptySun May 10, 2020 6:25 am

The reason Ben is in a bubble wrap every year is because his condition isn't good enough to play a lot in preseason. Every season he manages to arrive out of shape in training camp leading to only a small amount of playing time in preseason, because the risk of getting injured is way too high for him. That leads to a slow start of the season year after year, because Ben always needs more time. If Ben would take care of his body like professional athletes are supposed to do we could have had 2 more rings. And it pisses me off that he might have denied us that. Talently wise he's probably a top 3 QB, but he rarely was because of his lack for taking care during the offseason.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptySun May 10, 2020 6:45 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
sre you kidding ? tomlin will have Ben in bubble rap. he will come in and hand the ball off a few times and throw a   bubble screens and call it a day... Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 1797695198

I know. The definition of insanity is: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.
But we can hope.
Ben in bubble wrap is Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 1797695198  though.He'd probably look like a see through Michelin Man.

Last edited by solardave on Sun May 10, 2020 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptySun May 10, 2020 6:47 am

Stella Nation wrote:
The reason Ben is in a bubble wrap every year is because his condition isn't good enough to play a lot in preseason. Every season he manages to arrive out of shape in training camp leading to only a small amount of playing time in preseason, because the risk of getting injured is way too high for him. That leads to a slow start of the season year after year, because Ben always needs more time. If Ben would take care of his body like professional athletes are supposed to do we could have had 2 more rings. And it pisses me off that he might have denied us that. Talently wise he's probably a top 3 QB, but he rarely was because of his lack for taking care during the offseason.

Yeah but every year he says he's in the best shape of his career and has slimmed down. Must be our imagination. Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 2829330259
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptySun May 10, 2020 9:12 am

solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

Yeah but every year he says he's in the best shape of his career and has slimmed down. Must be our imagination. Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 2829330259

Of course he's going to say that. If I were him I would say exactly the same Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 1797695198
Pictures tell a different story though. I still remember that one when he was completely wrapped up after the first training session 2 years ago. It looked hilarious, but it was sad at the same time.

Everyone knows that in any sport the most important thing for an athlete is to keep your body in shape. You don't need to be a maniac, but you need a healthy lifestyle. The NFL is the most demanding sport in that regard. Not only it's the most physical one of all team sports with the biggest chance for injuries, it's also the one with the longest offseason. Meaning that it's mentally very hard to resist all temptations while not exercising your sport. And the older you are (yes, I'm looking at you Ben), the harder it is and the longer it takes to get your body in shape again. Everyone who has played sports (even at a low level) knows that training again after a longer period without competition is tough the first weeks and that you're not in your best form the first (exhibition) games of the season, but that you need to be in the best shape possible to lower the chance of injuries. You can only expect someone to play in preseason games when he's physically ready enough to do so without an extended chance of injury (yes, I'm looking at you again Ben).
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptySun May 10, 2020 9:24 am

Ben is there this year and next year to collect his checks. The organization made a huge mistake with his last contract. His arm has been suspect for years now.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyMon May 11, 2020 4:46 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Ben is there this year and next year to collect his checks. The organization made a huge mistake with his last contract. His arm has been suspect for years now.

I respectfully disagree, Ben has always been a fiery competitor and has played through some particularly nasty injuries that other QBs were benched by throughout his career. I think he's going to have a bounce-back season and be in the talks for comeback player of the year.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyMon May 11, 2020 7:35 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I respectfully disagree, Ben has always been a fiery competitor and has played through some particularly nasty injuries that other QBs were benched by throughout his career. I think he's going to have a bounce-back season and be in the talks for comeback player of the year.

I agree. One thing Ben is not is a freeloader. He may not have been the leader we thought he should be in the past but I think he has grown into his role and I honestly think he will come back and play solid championship ball.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyMon May 11, 2020 10:01 am

Maybe Jay Glazer should push away from the buffet before speaking out on the conditioning of others. Hate to say it, but I imagined Glazer wiping the after-affects of a chocolate pie from his face before making this statement. Anyways, here's an update where Glazer is trying to 1) distract from what he said; 2) walk back some of his comments; 3) make fun of the situation like it's all good between he and Ben.

FOX NFL Insider Jay Glazer joins Jason Smith and Mike Harmon and shares a story of how Ben Roethlisberger was upset at him for how he described his past workouts. Jay jokingly wrote in The Athletic that Big Ben's idea of past off-season workout programs consists of yoga, playing golf, and drinking some beer. When it was presented to Ben without context, he thought Jay was describing his rehab. The truth is Roethlisberger has been passionately rehabbing his injured elbow and will be ready to play this upcoming season. Jay credits Ben for his hard work and for reaching out so they could iron out any miscommunication.
Hear the interview on Fox Sports Radio
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyMon May 11, 2020 1:17 pm

hell this is a playoff schedule even with the Duck playing QB, the only game I see as a loss is Tampa Bay with Gronk and Brady playing catch all game. Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 1689750825 Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 1797695198

going to be an interesting year with Rona and everything. I think the defense will be very good but will the offense be good enough to help keep the defense from getting wore down during games.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyTue May 12, 2020 3:57 am

effyou515 wrote:
hell this is a playoff schedule even with the Duck playing QB, the only game I see as a loss is Tampa Bay with Gronk and Brady playing catch all game. Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 1689750825  Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 1797695198

going to be an interesting year with Rona and everything. I think the defense will be very good but will the offense be good enough to help keep the defense from getting wore down during games.

I don't think we'll lose to TB. Brady should be showing sure signs of Senility by that time and Gronk will be over the hill. He won't get away with pushing off any more.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyTue May 12, 2020 5:02 am

solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
hell this is a playoff schedule even with the Duck playing QB, the only game I see as a loss is Tampa Bay with Gronk and Brady playing catch all game. Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 1689750825  Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 1797695198

I don't think we'll lose to TB. Brady should be showing sure signs of Senility by that time  and Gronk will be over the hill. He won't get away with pushing off any more.

One can hope. I sincerely hope he's running out of fuel, but my gut tells me he's got another year or two. Unfortunately he's going to have some pretty damn good weapons at his disposal. That was a big issue for him last year in New England. Outside of Edelman, he didn't really have anyone else. Now he'll have Evans, Godwin, Gronk, and Brate.

Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyTue May 12, 2020 6:54 am

The Buccaneers offense is scary good. Last year they already scored 28 points average (that's more than our best game) and that was with Winston and without Gronk.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyTue May 12, 2020 8:12 am

Stella Nation wrote:
The Buccaneers offense is scary good. Last year they already scored 28 points average (that's more than our best game) and that was with Winston and without Gronk.

The biggest question mark for them is will they be able to protect Brady. Brady is not Winston when it comes to athleticism. Winston had enough athleticism to be a threat to run at times, and to extend plays outside of the pocket. Brady is a 40+ years old pure pocket passer. He's got lead feet, and is a statue. He does not handle pressure well (on the very rare occasion defenses have been able to pressure him). If Tampa's o-line can protect him, he'll still be a threat.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyTue May 12, 2020 9:35 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

I don't think we'll lose to TB. Brady should be showing sure signs of Senility by that time  and Gronk will be over the hill. He won't get away with pushing off any more.

One can hope. I sincerely hope he's running out of fuel, but my gut tells me he's got another year or two. Unfortunately he's going to have some pretty damn good weapons at his disposal. That was a big issue for him last year in New England. Outside of Edelman, he didn't really have anyone else. Now he'll have Evans, Godwin, Gronk, and Brate.

I don't mean this in a bad way but I hope his damn arm falls off. Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 1797695198
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyTue May 12, 2020 2:06 pm

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

I don't mean this in a bad way but I hope his damn arm falls off. Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 1797695198

His arm didn't seem entirely on there last year. Brady had several throws that seemed to lack juice. Good luck Tampa
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyWed May 13, 2020 4:37 am

kirklandrules wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

His arm didn't seem entirely on there last year. Brady had several throws that seemed to lack juice. Good luck Tampa
There is a story about Johnny Unitas being interviewed about the current player's salaries.

Interviewer: Johnny if you were playing today how much do you think you'd be worth per year?

Johnny: I don't know ,how much is the league minimum?

Interviewer: Wait a minute Johnny you were one of the best to play the game!

Johnny:Yeah but I'm an old man now.

I believe the Brady we see this year will be the old man.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyThu May 14, 2020 8:52 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

The biggest question mark for them is will they be able to protect Brady. Brady is not Winston when it comes to athleticism. Winston had enough athleticism to be a threat to run at times, and to extend plays outside of the pocket. Brady is a 40+ years old pure pocket passer. He's got lead feet, and is a statue. He does not handle pressure well (on the very rare occasion defenses have been able to pressure him). If Tampa's o-line can protect him, he'll still be a threat.

i think people forget who the coach of tampa is. bruce ariens. the guy who loves the 5-7 step drop and deep down field passing. remember the beating Ben took when ariens was here because of the deep drops and long routes forcing the QB to hold the ball to long ? does bradys old arm and legs have the stamina for that type of system Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 2087824411
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyThu May 14, 2020 10:35 pm

Imo we have a good chance of only losing one game before the bye.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released EmptyFri May 15, 2020 1:42 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

i think people forget who the coach of tampa is. bruce ariens. the guy who loves the 5-7 step drop and deep down field passing. remember the beating Ben took when ariens was here because of the deep drops and long routes forcing the QB to hold the ball to long ? does bradys old arm and legs have the stamina for that type of system  Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released 2087824411

Hope Brady loves throwing bubble screens.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released   Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers 2020 Season Schedule Officially Released
Page 1 of 1