Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homebengals vs steelers - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

bengals vs steelers

Go down 
+8
schillah
Shalieve5090
IowaSteeler927
SteelerFreak58
LambertWardSteel
solardave
jak341
effyou515
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

bengals vs steelers - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bengals vs steelers   bengals vs steelers - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 9:46 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
31+ aged line are considered old in todays NFL like Moats said and I stated earlier this line could have Bell in his prime and still not produce. They are slower not by a lot but enough... they are getting stuffed and pushed back when they used to dominate at the line Pouncey is struggling. Time has caught him.  Decastro has lost a step where it really shows in the pulling plays and Villanueva is just getting pushed back 2 and 3 yards disrupting anything  Conner tries to do when he goes left.

Mix in Fitchners vanilla unimaginative play calling and predictability and you have some serious issues. Fitchner simply doesnt have it in his skill set to make opposing defenses guess very much and it shows.

So I'm listening to Moats on SNR continue with the run game conversation, which is mostly a reiteration of the video Master posted. Here's something to consider: When did the offensive line get too old to run block? They went over 100 yards rushing for the first five games of the season. Did they get old in week 6? Not really, Tenn decided to put up a fight in the 2nd half and the Steelers ground out only 94 yards. Through it all, Connor has a 4.2 yard per carry average this year.

I think we assume that these guys are working on every aspect of every play in the playbook week-to-week. It's amazing how little time the coaches really have to prepare from one week to another. Remember, Tomlin normally gives the players Tuesdays off following a victory. That gives just 3 days to get ready for the next opponent (Saturdays are walk throughs). The focus thus far has been to have their franchise QB the least hit QB in the league ... check. I'm sure DeCastro and company are ready to play bulldozer as soon as the coaches ask. They're just doing the job they've been asked to do.

Slightly off topic, but thought I'd share this. I've been thinking about the Steelers big package where in the past couple years they brought in Banner as an extra TE. This year, they've used Jerald Hawkins in that role and against the Bengals they brought in Gentry on a few plays. It's a great way to get game reps for someone like Banner and now Hawkins. However, I think it would be great to see Dotson line up next to DeCastro or Feiler. That would provide some really big, strong guys in the middle of the line. 3 nasty guards? bengals vs steelers - Page 6 2087824411

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

bengals vs steelers - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bengals vs steelers   bengals vs steelers - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 4:35 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
31+ aged line are considered old in todays NFL like Moats said and I stated earlier this line could have Bell in his prime and still not produce. They are slower not by a lot but enough... they are getting stuffed and pushed back when they used to dominate at the line Pouncey is struggling. Time has caught him.  Decastro has lost a step where it really shows in the pulling plays and Villanueva is just getting pushed back 2 and 3 yards disrupting anything  Conner tries to do when he goes left.

Mix in Fitchners vanilla unimaginative play calling and predictability and you have some serious issues. Fitchner simply doesnt have it in his skill set to make opposing defenses guess very much and it shows.

So I'm listening to Moats on SNR continue with the run game conversation, which is mostly a reiteration of the video Master posted. Here's something to consider: When did the offensive line get too old to run block? They went over 100 yards rushing for the first five games of the season. Did they get old in week 6? Not really, Tenn decided to put up a fight in the 2nd half and the Steelers ground out only 94 yards. Through it all, Connor has a 4.2 yard per carry average this year.

I think we assume that these guys are working on every aspect of every play in the playbook week-to-week. It's amazing how little time the coaches really have to prepare from one week to another. Remember, Tomlin normally gives the players Tuesdays off following a victory. That gives just 3 days to get ready for the next opponent (Saturdays are walk throughs). The focus thus far has been to have their franchise QB the least hit QB in the league ... check. I'm sure DeCastro and company are ready to play bulldozer as soon as the coaches ask. They're just doing the job they've been asked to do.

Slightly off topic, but thought I'd share this. I've been thinking about the Steelers big package where in the past couple years they brought in Banner as an extra TE. This year, they've used Jerald Hawkins in that role and against the Bengals they brought in Gentry on a few plays. It's a great way to get game reps for someone like Banner and now Hawkins. However, I think it would be great to see Dotson line up next to DeCastro or Feiler. That would provide some really big, strong guys in the middle of the line. 3 nasty guards? bengals vs steelers - Page 6 2087824411

yeah i dont get that either. i would think you would want your best road graders out there regardless of what position they play. but they always use tackles.
Back to top Go down

bengals vs steelers
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6