Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeI'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?

Go down 
+2
IowaSteeler927
solardave
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? Empty
PostSubject: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 5:22 am

https://www.nfl.com/news/jon-gruden-resigns-as-las-vegas-raiders-head-coach
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 5:37 am

Seems ridiculous to me that they're digging up decade old emails and throwing him under the bus for them ten years later. I mean I don't at all agree with what he said. Obviously it's racially insensitive and the 6-letter f-word isn't the nicest word to be tossing around either. That being said, it was TEN years ago and he said it in private emails from one person to another. Obviously the big-lips comment is a racial stereotype, whether he meant it that way, or he was simply just trying to insult something about the guy, it's definitely going to be construed as a racial stereotype/slur when people hear it. That being said I don't think he meant it from a racial standpoint, I think he was just trying to be overtly insulting. If he was racist, why would he be coaching the game of football?

As far as the 6-letter f-word that's considered to be a homophobic slur, a lot of people use that word, and I think it gets used more often than not to undermine someone else's manhood, rather than because the person using it hates gay people. That being said, Gruden kind of said some other nasty things about an openly gay player so I think they've kind of got him on this one.

I don't believe Gruden is racist, but he's guilty of being a bit of a homophobe. That being said the people who are oh so offended by this are the kinds of people that never spent time in a Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 lobby back in the day on Xbox Live. They'd lose their minds if they heard that kind of stuff today. It's not as if Gruden made it as an open public statement, he made those comments in private and where do we draw the line in regards to privacy when someone sends someone something that wasn't meant to be seen by anyone else?

Seems we live in a day and age where you really have to watch what you say or you face getting "cancelled" even if it's something you said a decade ago. Ten years is a long time, and I believe people can change and should be given a second chance. I mean as far as I know, I don't think Gruden had any other controversial things during his football career, so why shouldn't he be afforded a second chance? It's funny how the NFL is so quick to publicly crucify one of their very own coaches while they pretend to sit up on the moral highground. Meanwhile they let players who abuse drugs, and have committed domestic abuse have multiple chances to play in the league. They partner up with sports betting and gambling sites knowing full well that gambling is something that a lot of people get addicted to and struggle with, and yet they're supposed to be the moral authority?

And ESPN, how rich is it that they're so quick to report about Gruden trying to throw him under the bus when these comments were all or mostly made while he was under their employ? Seems they forgot.

Everyone has their skeletons, and everyone has done and said things they regret. You have to give a person the opportunity to better themselves though, and to learn from their mistakes. I don't feel like Gruden got that chance at all because "cancelling" is the trendy thing to do nowadays.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 6:49 am

We have a fake POTUS that when asked by a reporter about the 13 US troops killed said and I quote:
"C'mon man that was 5 days ago". Yet Gruden is crucified over "private" emails from 10+ years ago. All we've seen since this stolen election is DOUBLE STANDARDS. Imagine if the race or sexual orientation was reversed and ask yourself how it would be handled. I think I know.

I agree Iowa we do have to watch what we say unless it fits the narrative.

Mach1 and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 7:44 am

What I don't understand is why it's okay to crack jokes at white people, and call white people crackers and things of the like... No big deal there, but a white person cracks a joke about any other racial, social, or ethnical group and people lose their minds. If it's not okay to make them towards one race, then it shouldn't be okay to reciprocate it.

Rules for thee but not for me.

At the end of the day people just need to grow thicker skin. I miss times past when you could joke at anyone's expense and everyone had a good laugh and didn't get offended or take things personally. Nowadays you have to tiptoe in everything you do and say. I'm sick of this overly PC society we live in.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
What I don't understand is why it's okay to crack jokes at white people, and call white people crackers and things of the like... No big deal there, but a white person cracks a joke about any other racial, social, or ethnical group and people lose their minds. If it's not okay to make them towards one race, then it shouldn't be okay to reciprocate it.

Rules for thee but not for me.

At the end of the day people just need to grow thicker skin. I miss times past when you could joke at anyone's expense and everyone had a good laugh and didn't get offended or take things personally. Nowadays you have to tiptoe in everything you do and say. I'm sick of this overly PC society we live in.

My wife and I went to a gun shoot in Kentucky this past Saturday.

https://www.knobcreekrange.com/machine-gun-shoot

She bought a shirt there that has an AR15 on it and says:Nobody needs a whinny little bitch either yet here you are.

Master_Of_Puppets, effyou515, IowaSteeler927 and Shalieve5090 like this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 8:52 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Seems ridiculous to me that they're digging up decade old emails and throwing him under the bus for them ten years later. I mean I don't at all agree with what he said. Obviously it's racially insensitive and the 6-letter f-word isn't the nicest word to be tossing around either. That being said, it was TEN years ago and he said it in private emails from one person to another. Obviously the big-lips comment is a racial stereotype, whether he meant it that way, or he was simply just trying to insult something about the guy, it's definitely going to be construed as a racial stereotype/slur when people hear it. That being said I don't think he meant it from a racial standpoint, I think he was just trying to be overtly insulting. If he was racist, why would he be coaching the game of football?

As far as the 6-letter f-word that's considered to be a homophobic slur, a lot of people use that word, and I think it gets used more often than not to undermine someone else's manhood, rather than because the person using it hates gay people. That being said, Gruden kind of said some other nasty things about an openly gay player so I think they've kind of got him on this one.

I don't believe Gruden is racist, but he's guilty of being a bit of a homophobe. That being said the people who are oh so offended by this are the kinds of people that never spent time in a Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 lobby back in the day on Xbox Live. They'd lose their minds if they heard that kind of stuff today. It's not as if Gruden made it as an open public statement, he made those comments in private and where do we draw the line in regards to privacy when someone sends someone something that wasn't meant to be seen by anyone else?

Seems we live in a day and age where you really have to watch what you say or you face getting "cancelled" even if it's something you said a decade ago. Ten years is a long time, and I believe people can change and should be given a second chance. I mean as far as I know, I don't think Gruden had any other controversial things during his football career, so why shouldn't he be afforded a second chance? It's funny how the NFL is so quick to publicly crucify one of their very own coaches while they pretend to sit up on the moral highground. Meanwhile they let players who abuse drugs, and have committed domestic abuse have multiple chances to play in the league. They partner up with sports betting and gambling sites knowing full well that gambling is something that a lot of people get addicted to and struggle with, and yet they're supposed to be the moral authority?

And ESPN, how rich is it that they're so quick to report about Gruden trying to throw him under the bus when these comments were all or mostly made while he was under their employ? Seems they forgot.

Everyone has their skeletons, and everyone has done and said things they regret. You have to give a person the opportunity to better themselves though, and to learn from their mistakes. I don't feel like Gruden got that chance at all because "cancelling" is the trendy thing to do nowadays.

cancel culture, they love going back decades to find racial and homophobe words, most likely best he stepped down because all the mentally ill computer using haters would of been all over this.

And once again the truth is found

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 6:16 pm

I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? 8379fda4e15c8ff2c3ef05a5a32b1eefd1041914833e893a7360d227a316cc58_1

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 6:16 pm

I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? 4e658d3498237997daa5e2feecf2131b647d950cc8e347160eb1a40a081ab6fc_1

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2021 5:27 am

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I bet Gruden voted for Trump. I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? 1797695198

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2021 7:53 pm

effyou515 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

cancel culture, they love going back decades to find racial and homophobe words, most likely best he stepped down because all the mentally ill computer using haters would of been all over this.

i was wrong talk is the NFL wanted Gruden out.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2021 5:43 am

Well at least he didn't say stuff like this:

Because the democratic/communist regime would want him to run for POTUS. I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? 469886443

Master_Of_Puppets, effyou515 and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyFri Oct 15, 2021 5:37 am

Derek Carr suggested they release everyone's emails. I'd concur. If you're going to go through Gruden's emails then I'd like to see Roger Goodell's, Demaurice Smith's, Robert Kraft's, Tom Brady's, Bill Belichick's, etc...

effyou515 and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 5:56 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Derek Carr suggested they release everyone's emails. I'd concur. If you're going to go through Gruden's emails then I'd like to see Roger Goodell's, Demaurice Smith's, Robert Kraft's, Tom Brady's, Bill Belichick's, etc...

He's right. Don't stop at emails while they're at it shine a light of all of their twitter,facebook and instagram accounts. I think that would be interesting. I mean if they're gonna go all gestapo why not look into ties to BLM AKA Black Lives Manipulated.
I swear when we ask "how stupid can this get"? they take it as a challenge.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 8:12 pm

This leads me to believe he was pro-Trump and picked on Biden.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/10/17/jon-grudens-emails-included-an-illuminating-discussion-on-joe-biden-n458123

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 9:31 pm

Meanwhile Urban Meyer sends a "thank you" letter (as people stop talking about him).
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 4:26 am

The NFL is going woke just like the nba and mlb. The hypocrisy is so thick you can cut it with a knife.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2021 12:39 pm

solardave wrote:
The NFL is going woke just like the nba and mlb. The hypocrisy is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

going ? I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? 2829330259 they arrived first. remember it was kapernick who kicked all this shit off. then it was monkey see I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? 2967646000 , monkey do I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? 2967646000 in the other leagues.

isnt it amazing how you cant mandate the players to stand for the national anthem because it violates their rights , but forcing an experimental health procedure doesnt .. I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? 2087824411

effyou515 and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 7:49 am

They're talking a Dolphins-Texans trade for Deshaun Watson. Amazing how you can have 21 sexual assault allegations pending against you, along with an active investigation but you still have a job, are still getting paid, and in the meantime a guy who sent some pretty crummy emails ten years ago loses his job and has his reputation completely destroyed...

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 4:12 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
They're talking a Dolphins-Texans trade for Deshaun Watson. Amazing how you can have 21 sexual assault allegations pending against you, along with an active investigation but you still have a job, are still getting paid, and in the meantime a guy who sent some pretty crummy emails ten years ago loses his job and has his reputation completely destroyed...

Hell Iowa this qualifies Watson to run for president.

Master_Of_Puppets and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 4:56 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Actually he hasn't met the quota for sniffing and touching small children just yet. I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? 1797695198

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 5:08 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Actually he hasn't met the quota for sniffing and touching small children just yet. I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? 1797695198

OK you got me. Maybe he can run for VP or VW (vice whore). I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? 1378315869

Master_Of_Puppets and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 7:18 pm

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

OK you got me. Maybe he can run for VP or VW (vice whore). I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? 1378315869

I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmeme-generator.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fmememe%2F2020%2F09%2Fpsst-kamala-willie-brown-said-youd-take-a-knee-for-the-job-260166-1

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 5:16 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmeme-generator.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fmememe%2F2020%2F09%2Fpsst-kamala-willie-brown-said-youd-take-a-knee-for-the-job-260166-1

She's wayyyyyyyy too old for Joey's tastes. I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? 1797695198

effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 5:38 pm

Jon Gruden has filed suit against NFL and Goodell
https://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/19025/Jon-Gruden-has-filed-suit-against-NFL-and-Goodell

Quote :
Jon Gruden has sued the NFL and Commissioner Roger Goodell in Nevada state court for forcing his resignation earlier this year according to David Ferrara of the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

“Through a malicious and orchestrated campaign, the NFL and Commissioner Roger Goodell sought to destroy the career and reputation of Jon Gruden, the former head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders,” the lawsuit alleges.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 5:51 pm

i wonder if mark davis had something to do with this setup. since gruden didnt fulfill his end of the contract, davis doesnt have to pay him anything. had he fired gruden he still had to pay him. maybe davis wanted gruden gone but didnt want to pay him to leave ... I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? 3135543967
make no mistake, godell has 32 bosses. he doesnt do anything without their permission. they pay him to simply be a lightning rod for fan criticism.

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?   I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to? Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm not a Gruden Fan But WTH is this world coming to?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next