Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeStriped kitty cats @ Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Striped kitty cats @ Steelers

Go down 
+3
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
Great Randino
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Striped kitty cats @ Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 6:06 pm

Good first half, Pickett has played well, Najee looks good. Hope Jayden is okay.

Need some turnovers in the 2nd half.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 6:44 pm

What a pick by TJ, too bad we only got a FG
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 7:12 pm

Lol awful drive after good field position...

Kenny can't make easy throws...
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 7:16 pm

3rd and 25 why are we running the ball WTF?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 7:18 pm

Defense is getting gashed
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 7:20 pm

Game over. Slop play when the team didn't need it nor couldn't afford it.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 7:23 pm

This is what happens when you dont make turnovers hurt. Fucking fire Canada already. Theres reasons his offense ranks last in almost every category. If I have to hear Tomlin say again how he's not gonna make any changes I'll bang my head against a wall
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 2:40 am

It's pretty bad when you have Bengals players talking about how predictable our offense is after the game.

I mean, it's funny too though because you guys are bad enough that you claim you know what plays we're running and still manage to let us score 30 points, but this isn't the first time this has been said about the Steelers offense either. Concerning to say the least.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 2:52 am

Got to see the 2nd half well most of it was fading in and out after seeing Kenny Pickett and the offense struggle imho start Mitch Trubisky to try to salvage something out of the offense. Don't get me wrong I'm not a Kenny Pickett hater don't want him to get beat up to bad in his rookie season plus you got  Mitch Trubisky making good money sitting on the bench the 2nd half offense wasn't on the same page all the time and Pickett seemed to be stuggling with the o-line and the receivers.

George Pickens is the Steelers future #1 wr would like to see the the Steelers draft Marvin Harrison Jr. when he comes out of college Pickens and Harrison Jr. seem like their the same type of receiver they'll get open on anybody would be like having Swan and Stallworth again.

In Pickett, Freiermuth, Harris and Pickett the offense has it's core skilled players now it's time to get the core offensive linemen to build the o-line around in 2023 the Steelers can write off 29 million of dead cap money off their 2023 salary cap.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 3:34 am

I know they are not going to fire Canada this year so if I were Tomlin I'd tell him to let Kenny start calling audibles and learn to like it.You could see the frustration on Kenny's face yesterday. The season is pretty much a bust so why not pull out all the stops.

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 9:31 am

Canada is a major part of the problem but Pickett made a lot of shitty throws that stalled drives as well. There were some really really bad ones that killed momentum...
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 11:35 am

Kenny did miss a lot of throws, and badly. I don't know what's going on there, he was way more accurate earlier on. To Solardave: Do you think they are still not letting him audible? If that's the case they are really hamstringing his development. HAVE to let your QB audible. It is imperative. Things change when you get to the line of scrimmage. QB HAS to have the freedom to audible out. This isn't college.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 12:42 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Got to see the 2nd half well most of it was fading in and out after seeing Kenny Pickett and the offense struggle imho start Mitch Trubisky to try to salvage something out of the offense. Don't get me wrong I'm not a Kenny Pickett hater don't want him to get beat up to bad in his rookie season plus you got  Mitch Trubisky making good money sitting on the bench the 2nd half offense wasn't on the same page all the time and Pickett seemed to be stuggling with the o-line and the receivers.

George Pickens is the Steelers future #1 wr would like to see the the Steelers draft Marvin Harrison Jr. when he comes out of college Pickens and Harrison Jr. seem like their the same type of receiver they'll get open on anybody would be like having Swan and Stallworth again.

In Pickett, Freiermuth, Harris and Pickett the offense has it's core skilled players now it's time to get the core offensive linemen to build the o-line around in 2023 the Steelers can write off 29 million of dead cap money off their 2023 salary cap.

As a Buckeye fan I love Marvin Harrison Jr. I doubt we are ever able to draft him, unless he gets an injury like Pickens (I certainly don't wish that for him). He is perhaps the best WR in college football, and most certainly will come out after next year. Another Buckeye though that could be a steal: Jason Smith-Njigba. Fantastic receiver but has been injured all season, which could affect his draft stock. If he were available in the 3rd I'd consider him (O-line and D-line in rounds 1 and 2, we have 3 picks in those first 2 rounds).

As for starting Mitch, I will have to disagree with you and here's why: Kenny is our future, he's got to continue to play and learn. Even if Mitch could generate more wins, he's not the long-term answer - and honestly, picking up a few more wins doesn't help us, it would get us drafting lower (not that I'm ever in favour of tanking, I'm not advocating that).

What has happened in the DB? Steelers have been gashed for more long plays than perhaps anyone. I don't understand it. Wallace, Maulet, Edmonds, Fitzpatrick - these are not bad players - and sometimes they are very good. But ALL of them - including Minkah - are inconsistent.

What happened to the defensive backfield that covered the Bucs like a blanket? Did some of them go back to the practice squad? I don't remember who played that day but I remember we had a bunch of starters out. Maybe some of those guys should be playing?

Offense cost us the game - completely laid an egg in the 2nd half with multiple 3 and outs. Very disappointing. I watched the first half, then had to miss the 2nd half and watched it later via recording, and I was just flabbergasted. Inconsistency ruled the day.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 1:27 pm

Predictable in this league is simply an absurdity. This is not the first time Canada and the offense has been mentioned as having the same 10 plays...

Gonna hang this on TOMLIN. Sure it's Canada but guess what Tomlin can tell him hey Buddy your job is on the fucking line you better come up with some good stuff that doesn't look a lot alike over and over...

Tomlin and Canada are just not capable of making halftime adjustments. I have been saying that for years about Tomlin. With Canada it's glaringly obvious.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-germaine-pratt-says-steelers-like-to-do-the-same-plays-over-and-over-following-sundays-win/

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 3:45 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Predictable in this league is simply an absurdity. This is not the first time Canada and the offense has been mentioned as having the same 10 plays...

Gonna hang this on TOMLIN. Sure it's Canada but guess what Tomlin can tell him hey Buddy your job is on the fucking line you better come up with some good stuff that doesn't look a lot alike over and over...

Tomlin and Canada are just not capable of making halftime adjustments. I have been saying that for years about Tomlin. With Canada it's glaringly obvious.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-germaine-pratt-says-steelers-like-to-do-the-same-plays-over-and-over-following-sundays-win/
Agree about predictable. It is the proverbial kiss of death.

So is not letting your QB audible.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyTue Nov 22, 2022 3:48 am

Pickett audibles a lot, sometimes even too much I've read somewhere (Steelers Depot if I'm not wrong). That he's changing plays when he shouldn't resulting in bad outcomes.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyTue Nov 22, 2022 3:56 am

Here's one:

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/1587459636025823232

All part of being a rookie, but he has the freedom. So some of the stuff that happens is not on Canada, but on Kenny.

Last edited by Stella Nation on Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyTue Nov 22, 2022 6:23 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Here's one:

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/1587459636025823232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

All part of being a rookie, but he has the freedom. So some of the stuff that happens is not on Canada, but on Kenny.

Even so you'd expect a rookie QB to make mistakes like calling audibles at the wrong time. Isn't it's up to the QB coach to be sure he's seeing what he thinks he is seeing. Let's say he audibles 30%. What about the other 70% that's not working?

I agree that it's not all on Canada but for a different reason. I believe the failure should be shared between Myer,Jackson,Sullivan, Canada and Tomlin.
You can fix rookie mistakes with a high IQ QB but in order to do that YOU HAVE TO COACH. Where's the evidence that this staff is doing their job? All we're seeing is same shit different day. I'm not against promoting from within. What I am against is promoting subpar coaches from within to save money.
I also know that Tomlin isn't going anywhere even though he should be feeling some heat. The main reason is the Rooney rule.
Imagine if MLK was commissioner of the NFL. Coaches would be evaluated and prioritized based on the ability to win games and not the color of their skin. I know these are controversial statements. I want to believe the Rooney rule was not to interview coaches of color first but more to keep coaches of color from being passed over based on the 'good ole' boy' mentality. What is the solution? I don't know? Maybe when hiring a coach cast as wide a net as possible based on qualifications.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyTue Nov 22, 2022 6:30 am

For the record I wouldn't mind seeing Brian Flores as our next HC. I think the way he was treated in Miami was a prime example of the 'good ole' boy' mentality and the fact that he was not willing to tank the season. I mean how many times do you see a coach that went 1-7 the first half of the season and then finishing 8-1 the second half be fired?
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyTue Nov 22, 2022 7:56 am

Don't get me wrong, I said SOME of the stuff is not on Canada. I would have fired Canada a long time ago. But it doesn't help him that he needs to work with a rookie QB, just as it doesn't help a rookie QB that he needs to work with a bad OC. That's why this offense struggles so much, you can't overcome both. As for Meyer, I would give him some time. He's now here for only half a year and the OL is improving steadily and it's not his fault that Daniels is his only talented player.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyTue Nov 22, 2022 7:29 pm

Yeah Meyer was given a lot of sub par Olinemen to work with. Moore is a 4th round chance LT, decent back up but not really a good LT, Dotson is mediocre, Cole has been ok but not the line mover you need at Center for a good run game, Okorafor is mediocre at RT. Daniels is the only one that has been above par on a regular basis.

Meyer gets a pass for the year. Trying to make the best out of a shitty situation is still shitty.

effyou515, solardave and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 6:26 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Yeah Meyer was given a lot of sub par Olinemen to work with. Moore is a 4th round chance LT, decent back up but not really a good LT, Dotson is mediocre, Cole has been ok but not the line mover you need at Center for a good run game, Okorafor is mediocre at RT. Daniels is the only one that has been above par on a regular basis.

Meyer gets a pass for the year. Trying to make the best out of a shitty situation is still shitty.

OK you got me there and there does appear to be improvement even with this crew. This must be addressed either in the draft or FA. The FO needs to draft like they haven't in years.
My dream Oline would be a C like Dermonti or Mike.Check. A LG like Fanaca. Check. LT like Kolb.Check.RG like Mullins. RT like Tunch.

SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 1:33 pm

First three picks, All Line. Two O-linemen and a D-lineman. First round, nastiest lineman available on either side of the ball.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 6:43 am

Great Randino wrote:
First three picks, All Line.  Two O-linemen and a D-lineman.  First round, nastiest lineman available on either side of the ball.

I agree and I think if Jalen Carter is there we take him. It just doesn't look like any or very little Olineman worthy of a top 10 pick and I'm pretty sure that's where we'll be.

This will be Kahn's first draft so it'll be interesting. I think. I just hope they stop reaching for a "potential" lineman who in reality is a project at best. That's OK in rounds 3 and down but not in the first.
Hopefully they use free agency and not go bargain basement for some Oline help. If I had a say I'd look for FA Olineman who I'd like to see finish there career here as a starter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Striped kitty cats @ Steelers   Striped kitty cats @ Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Striped kitty cats @ Steelers
Page 1 of 1