Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers @ Black Cats - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ Black Cats

Go down 
+3
effyou515
SteelerFreak58
Great Randino
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Steelers @ Black Cats - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Black Cats   Steelers @ Black Cats - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 12:02 pm

Lokki wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Pickens and Warren are some bright spots this year on this team.

Really wish that we would utilize Pickens more though. I'm so tired of watching Diontae Johnson run backwards for 5 yards after every catch.

Right? DJ catches the ball near the 1st down marker the. Jumps back or loops around 5 yards backwards every time it seems like and it leaves me wondering what his ideas are on moving the chains... it's like he doesn't realize he is close or passed a first down marker...
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Black Cats   Steelers @ Black Cats - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 12:13 pm

Mitch had a rock solid game. Great on target passes with zip and accuracy. Last week he was moving the team just as good he just made a few poor decisions that ended up costing the game. He is showing he can move this team well though.

DJ had a decent game but really needs to get his game awareness and team first mentality checked. That unsportsmanlike conduct was completely and totally unnecessary. To me he wasn't worth the money still.

Pickens does need more targets. I am however worried by his showmanship and attitude he seems to be a me oriented player instead of a team oriented one. Great steal for a round 2 pick I just hope he matures and Tomlin can get him to play Steeler football. I doubt it but I can hope.

O-line is playing much better. Mitch had time to throw, The holes are getting better for Najee and Warren. They are starting to work well as a unit and it's good to see.

Najee and Warren both had great games. Lots of physical running and punishing people who made tackles.

Defensive line did a good job shutting down the Panthers run game once they did that Darnold was put in position to win the game and they kept another team under 16 points. Where was that play last week shutting down the run?

Secondary was hit and miss but made some solid plays. Like mentioned before we give up a lot of plays in the middle of our field.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Black Cats   Steelers @ Black Cats - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 1:51 am

Pretty solid outing, when the QBs play within themselves and don't force things we can win football games. Hopefully that trend continues for the rest of the season. Would like to see these guys win out and carry some momentum into the offseason. I'm not into losing for draft picks, so it's promising to see these guys are playing hard every week at least instead of just quitting.

I still think Matt Canada has got to go but I kind of get the feeling we're going to see him for at least one more season. I would rather bring in someone else so Kenny can start learning a new system versus more of Canada's predictable playcalling.

The o-line might be gelling enough now that I'm willing to say that drafting OL isn't as glaring of a need as it once appeared. I think DL and DB need to be the focal point early in the draft, at least that's how I feel right now.

Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Black Cats   Steelers @ Black Cats - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 2:12 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Pretty solid outing, when the QBs play within themselves and don't force things we can win football games. Hopefully that trend continues for the rest of the season. Would like to see these guys win out and carry some momentum into the offseason. I'm not into losing for draft picks, so it's promising to see these guys are playing hard every week at least instead of just quitting.

I still think Matt Canada has got to go but I kind of get the feeling we're going to see him for at least one more season. I would rather bring in someone else so Kenny can start learning a new system versus more of Canada's predictable playcalling.

The o-line might be gelling enough now that I'm willing to say that drafting OL isn't as glaring of a need as it once appeared. I think DL and DB need to be the focal point early in the draft, at least that's how I feel right now.

Don't forget ILB. I'm pretty sure Bush will be gone. He's playing better but still not worth big bucks...to us anyway.

Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Black Cats   Steelers @ Black Cats - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 5:52 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I think OL is still a need, but I agree that having a true runstuffing DL should be the absolute priority imo or an absolute stud (like Roquan Smith) at ILB like Solardave said.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Black Cats   Steelers @ Black Cats - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 4:27 pm

At this point I think Matt Canada will be back next year.

I certainly hope Meyer, the OL coach, is as well. He's done a very nice job with what he's working with and they seem to be latching onto his system now.

My take on the draft: We STILL need one very good lineman drafted early (up from 2 that I thought before). We also need a hog nasty run stuffer. And ILB. And DB. But I hope we don't draft a DB in the first round because we suck at that - unless we can get the "Sure thing" (aka, the next Revis).

This team still needs a lot, but its nice seeing some of the players emerge. My preference the first round would be either a top flight lineman or a top flight D-lineman.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Black Cats   Steelers @ Black Cats - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ Black Cats
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2