Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCanada is a clueless fool Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Canada is a clueless fool

Go down 
+6
Stella Nation
Great Randino
solardave
vasteeler
SteelerFreak58
Mach1
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Canada is a clueless fool Empty
PostSubject: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 10:48 am

This clueless excuse of an OC needs to go.
They haven't played good on O since he started, whats there to stack on? Canada is a clueless fool 2913999526

Canada when asked how does the offense get its mojo back: "I don’t know. If you have the answer, you can let me know or tell somebody else. When you’re playing good on offense or anything in life that is good, you stack it."

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/09/if-you-have-the-answer-you-can-let-me-know-matt-canada-not-sure-how-offense-can-get-mojo-back/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 12:14 pm

I posted this in another thread about Canada...

"According to Sharp, when the Steelers are under center, they run the ball 90 percent of the time. When they are in shotgun, they pass over 80 percent of the time. That is an alarming rate."

"Sharp also explained that 60 percent of Kenny Pickett’s early down passes in the first three quarters this season are outside the numbers. That’s the fourth-highest rate in the NFL."

https://steelersnow.com/pittsburgh-steelers-exposes-matt-canadas-offense/

Matt Canada simply is out of his league. He isn't giving anything for defenses to think about beyond his silly laughable trick plays that have ruined drives. He is not an NFL caliber OC it's that simple.

His short behind the line or 2 yard passes to the outside are not fooling anyone. They have put Kenny in 3rd and long situations way to often. Defenses are loading the box and daring Canada to beat them with Picketts arm... the only problem is Canada is terrified to use the middle of the field. He has to showcase Pickens and Friermuth but he doesn't know how to scheme for that. That is where he keeps failing this team.

Is Pickett a problem woth innacurate passes? Yup sure is but there are ways to fix that and still move the chains.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:54 pm

You have to once had mojo in order to to get it back.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptySat Sep 23, 2023 2:48 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

"According to Sharp, when the Steelers are under center, they run the ball 90 percent of the time. When they are in shotgun, they pass over 80 percent of the time. That is an alarming rate."

"Sharp also explained that 60 percent of Kenny Pickett’s early down passes in the first three quarters this season are outside the numbers. That’s the fourth-highest rate in the NFL."

Matt Canada simply is out of his league. He isn't giving anything for defenses to think about beyond his silly laughable trick plays that have ruined drives. He is not an NFL caliber OC it's that simple.

His short behind the line or 2 yard passes to the outside are not fooling anyone. They have put Kenny in 3rd and long situations way to often. Defenses are loading the box and daring Canada to beat them with Picketts arm... the only problem is Canada is terrified to use the middle of the field. He has to showcase Pickens and Friermuth but he doesn't know how to scheme for that. That is where he keeps failing this team.

Is Pickett a problem woth innacurate passes? Yup sure is but there are ways to fix that and still move the chains.

I'm not sure he's even capable of being an OC in college but let's send him back there and let them worry about that.

IowaSteeler927, LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptySat Sep 23, 2023 7:49 pm

solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I'm not sure he's even capable of being an OC in college but let's send him back there and let them worry about that.

He was actually a very good OC in college, at Pitt. That's how he got this job. And I for one was excited about his hire after seeing some of the innovative things he was doing there. But it has not translated to the pros, which is too bad. And it might never translate to the pros. No doubt, the clock is running out on him though.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptySat Sep 23, 2023 11:33 pm

Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

He was actually a very good OC in college, at Pitt.  That's how he got this job.  And I for one was excited about his hire after seeing some of the innovative things he was doing there.  But it has not translated to the pros, which is too bad.  And it might never translate to the pros.  No doubt, the clock is running out on him though.

1 season. That's it... 1 season is his claim to fame. Other then that he has done Jack shit to have earned a spot as an OC at an NFL level. The last few years are proof he doesn't deserve to call himself an OC and this year is all the proof you need.

He plays scared,.he plays vanilla, he plays basic and NFL teams are kicking his ass week in and week out and he has no answers for it.

solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 1:32 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

He was actually a very good OC in college, at Pitt.  That's how he got this job.  And I for one was excited about his hire after seeing some of the innovative things he was doing there.  But it has not translated to the pros, which is too bad.  And it might never translate to the pros.  No doubt, the clock is running out on him though.

1 season. That's it... 1 season is his claim to fame. Other then that he has done Jack shit to have earned a spot as an OC at an NFL level. The last few years are proof he doesn't deserve to call himself an OC and this year is all the proof you need.

He plays scared,.he plays vanilla, he plays basic and NFL teams are kicking his ass week in and week out and he has no answers for it.

I'm not saying he should be the OC of the Steelers, or even ever should have been. But he HAS had success in coaching, and more than just one year. He's been an OC/offensive assistant for about 10 years at numerous schools, with mixed results - some good and some not so good.

That's the record, its out there.

Bigger question is whether he should continue as OC. To me, they have This Week. That's it. The Raiders have a poor (porous?) defense. If the Steelers O continues to suck, his fate should be sealed.

Also, rumblings inside the building are that he will indeed be let go mid-season unless things get better and fast.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 4:37 am

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I'm not saying he should be the OC of the Steelers, or even ever should have been.  But he HAS had success in coaching, and more than just one year.  He's been an OC/offensive assistant for about 10 years at numerous schools, with mixed results - some good  and some not so good.  

That's the record, its out there.

Bigger question is whether he should continue as OC.  To me, they have This Week.  That's it.  The Raiders have a poor (porous?) defense.  If the Steelers O continues to suck, his fate should be sealed.

Also, rumblings inside the building are that he will indeed be let go mid-season unless things get better and fast.

That was my reservation when they hired him. I don't think he spent more than 2 years anywhere. At this point I hope that trend continues.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:27 am

Well, I hope he's gone during the bye week at the latest. It's quite early for us this season, week 6.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 11:12 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Well, I hope he's gone during the bye week at the latest. It's quite early for us this season, week 6.

I think that is a distinct possibility.

My hope, of course, is that the offense starts connecting on all cylinders and gets it figured out (that's what we all hope for, of course). But I don't have confidence in that happening, unfortunately.

Again - I think today will be a big TELL. If our O can't excel against Oakland (um - where are the Raiders now?) - I don't see them excelling against anyone.

Further, I believe this is a VERY talented offense that is greatly underperforming. Talent across the board and greatly upgraded line, all underperforming.

PS. Where is Broderick? confused
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptyMon Sep 25, 2023 2:37 am

[quote="Great Randino"]
Stella Nation wrote:
PS. Where is Broderick?  confused

I don't know but he should probably be starting at LT and they should kick Turnstyle Moore over to RT and let Chuks ride the pine. We need youth and physicality, not guys that are out there half-assing it.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptyMon Sep 25, 2023 9:31 am

Steelers be 3-2 at the bye incoming and Tomlin and Art II will be happy with the results and retain Canada Canada is a clueless fool 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptyMon Sep 25, 2023 10:00 am

Canada is a clueless fool 1505004552 Canada is a clueless fool 2913999526 Canada is a clueless fool 2164293255 Canada is a clueless fool 3211927700 Canada is a clueless fool 2306309830 Canada is a clueless fool 2913999526 Canada is a clueless fool 2913999526 Canada is a clueless fool 2913999526

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptyMon Sep 25, 2023 10:10 am

Things were working when he wasn't afraid to throw across the middle of the field. He did it for a series but then went back to run, run, pass, punt or pass short wide, run, pass, punt....

solardave and Shalieve5090 like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptyMon Sep 25, 2023 3:43 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
PS. Where is Broderick?  confused

I don't know but he should probably be starting at LT and they should kick Turnstyle Moore over to RT and let Chuks ride the pine. We need youth and physicality, not guys that are out there half-assing it.
Unless Broderick is an enormous bust, he should be on the field. No way Moore or Chuks aren't replaceable.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptyTue Sep 26, 2023 2:27 am

https://www.facebook.com/jagoffs/videos/697557618410516

Saw this on Facebook and found it to be pretty funny. Canada is a clueless fool 1797695198

solardave and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptyTue Sep 26, 2023 5:02 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/jagoffs/videos/697557618410516

Saw this on Facebook and found it to be pretty funny. Canada is a clueless fool 1797695198

Canada is a clueless fool 3562723908 Canada is a clueless fool 3562723908 Canada is a clueless fool 3562723908
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 12:24 pm

We got a win against a crap Raiders team. Our Offense still struggled mightily besides 1 good drive and 1 splash play. Pickett was a little better on the accuracy which helped.

Over all Canada has had maybe 2 quality drives all season...that does not inspire any confidence.

He can't seem to remember what kind of plays seem to work against teams stacking the box. He FINALY... FINALY used some PA and threw the ball to our TE and used the middle of the field and got some points on the board then immediately went back to playing scared with a small lead. That isn't going to work at all against playoff contending teams.

Right now going into week 4 we are ranked 28th in passing offense and Rushing that is not going to cut it against playoff teams.

We went cheap and got a backup Center Cole and put him at starter and it's showing. You want a great running game? You can't go cheap at Center... you need a mauler and a superior athlete... Cole is mediocre at best. Chuks is just not beating anyone. They finally decided to do some double teaming and got off the zone blocking and had a little bit of success but even with that the run game struggled against the Raiders.

Canada simply isn't a NFL caliber OC and the Steelers FO won't admit it until the end of the year. We are stuck with him and the erratic self defeating offense he schemes.

solardave, Stella Nation and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 4:37 pm

Another infuriating and frustrating week watching Canada play call...

Then this comes out...

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/matt-canada-shocking-statement-pittsburgh-steelers-offense
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 4:45 pm

It's becoming obvious to me that the problem is bigger than just Canada. I say that because he's still here. They should have replaced him during the off season but no. The group I saw today didn't resemble a team at all. No heart at all. I'm thinking maybe Tomlin is losing the locker room.

LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 5:41 pm

Tomlins shtick has grown stale. It's time to replace him with someone who can light a fire under the players ass's. And get a competent staff who actually knows how to coach at a professional level.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

LambertWardSteel, Shalieve5090 and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 7:33 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Then this comes out...

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/matt-canada-shocking-statement-pittsburgh-steelers-offense

incredible

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 7:36 pm

Mach1 wrote:
Tomlins shtick has grown stale. It's time to replace him with someone who can light a fire under the players ass's. And get a competent staff who actually knows how to coach at a professional level.

Agreed. We can blame the coordinator, and rightfully so, but at some point responsibility needs to fall to the guy hiring and retaining these coaches.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 11:20 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Then this comes out...

The most amazing thing of all is Canada says it is so important how they start, and that's when they are generally the worst. Canada has a week to game plan and to set up a list of plays to run out of the gate. He says it is critical how they start games....but the early part of games has been a tragic tale, and he is the architect of it all.

Canada saying how they play early is critical because they can't come back on anyone.....and they come out of the gate every week as a pathetic, easy to read, non-creative, predictable, dinosaur-inspired offense that is designed specifically for that week's opponent by him. You can't make shit like this up.

This dude needs to be gone like yesterday.

solardave, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 10:26 am

Once again an opposing player telling you that your game plan is predictable... hmm I wonder why the offense can't get anything going?🤔

https://steelersnow.com/pittsburgh-steelers-texans-cb-calls-out-predictable-play-calls/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canada is a clueless fool   Canada is a clueless fool Empty

Back to top Go down

Canada is a clueless fool
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next