Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMatt Canada fired Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Matt Canada fired

Go down 
+8
Great Randino
Shalieve5090
Stella Nation
solardave
SteelerFreak58
Mach1
IowaSteeler927
vasteeler
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

vasteeler

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 8:49 am

📸 Look at this post on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/100064713275464/posts/pfbid0PJ6414e7Yvdm1q2fd7H2ibzuJ7pXUStdW3dpmtpACcDZDHiYMVEyA3CKQCEa85F5l/?mibextid=CDWPTG

Lol... Looks like I fucked up another posting

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 9:21 am

FINALLY! 🥳🥳🥳

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 9:30 am

About time!

I think it was coming down to lose canada or lose team kind of choice for tomlin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 9:36 am

Will this magically fix Kenny's accuracy issues? Tune in for next week's shit show and find out! Lol

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 10:04 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Will this magically fix Kenny's accuracy issues? Tune in for next week's shit show and find out! Lol

I think you spelled game wrong. Matt Canada fired 1797695198
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 10:05 am

Now we find out what role KP will play in the future. I wonder who calls the plays for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 10:09 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

It's not going to "fix" Kenny overnight. It's still the same plays till next year and a new OC.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 10:11 am

solardave wrote:
Now we find out what role KP will play in the future. I wonder who calls the plays for the rest of the season.

I think I heard the qb coach had been promoted to calling plays.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 10:25 am

A half season too late, but better now than at the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 10:49 am

He should have been given the first 4 games before he was gone. They already had 2 years of ineptitude as evidence. I get why they didn't want to switch OCs on Kenny for continuity but his offense just sucked ass period. There was never any point where this offense ever really start3d to click.

Well it's gonna be OC by committee now... doubt it's gonna fix anything but at least they have finally fired one part of the problem.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 10:49 am

There is a God! So beyond happy 😊 😃
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 10:50 am

solardave wrote:

Rb coach will be coordinator, QB coach will call plays
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 11:22 am

Expect Kenny to be on a short leash now.  I think he's probably got one more shot.  This week's game is it.  If he doesn't play better, he's getting benched (could even be mid-game).

Oops.

Last edited by Great Randino on Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : via press conference)
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 11:57 am

Matt Canada fired Kenny10
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 12:38 pm

I take back what I said. After hearing the press conference, it is apparent that Mike Tomlin has full confidence in Kenny Pickett, his leadership abilities, etc.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 1:15 pm

According to Dulac, Rooney made the call...

Quote :
The decision came from team president Art Rooney II after watching the Steelers average just 16.1 points in 10 games and seeing quarterback Kenny Pickett struggle to develop in his second season.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2023/11/15/gerry-dulac-s-steeles-chat-11-15-23/stories/202311150070

Shalieve5090 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 1:21 pm

Tomlin clearly said in his press conference, the decision was his and his alone. I will tend to believe Tomlin over some reporter spouting his opinion.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 1:26 pm

I think between what DJ said and Najee both had to say Tomlin realized the players had zero confidence in Canada's play calling. They may still have issues with Kenny but the actual play calling on Sunday was pretty bad.

The Browns have the best Defense in the League and that has to be taken into account but Canada did absolutely nothing to try and get the Browns to back off from stacking the box.

Even with stacking the box the Steelers were running to the right side of the line decent but Canada would get a decent run then call something stupid to follow it up and kill the drive.

Orlovsky did a good job pointing out really stupid play calls and the head scratching that makes you want to throw shit at your TV.

Sullivan needs to encourage Pickett to utilize the middle of the field and if he gets man 1v1 with Pickens to get him the ball. Keep running to the right side with Warren and Najee get him 2nd and 5s or 3rd and 3s. Tell him to focus on moving the chains and use his legs to pick up first downs.

If Tomlin really has full confidence in Kenny he needs to tell him if he sees something the defense is giving him to audible and attack. Stop playing scared timid bullshit football. Play to fucking put up some points and win a fucki g game.

If I am Kenny and I have full confidence in my own abilities I am sitting with the WRs asking where the communication problems are happening and how to fix it. I am asking what routes and plays they want to get more of that the WRs feel they can get some success with. Telling Muth he is gonna get the ball way more. And for fucks sake ask to be able to use the middle of the field. Attack it with Muth and Washington. Make the defenses start to guess what the fuck is coming not know the same old vanilla bullshit. Puckett is surrounded by weapons they just haven't been utilized well up to this point.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2023/11/20/23969126/terrible-towel-tales-dan-orlovsky-bashes-matt-canadas-offense-george-pickens-kenny-pickett

vasteeler and Master_Of_Puppets like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 1:44 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I think between what DJ said and Najee both had to say Tomlin realized the players had zero confidence in Canada's play calling. They may still have issues with Kenny but the actual play calling on Sunday was pretty bad.

The Browns have the best Defense in the League and that has to be taken into account but Canada did absolutely nothing to try and get the Browns to back off from stacking the box.

Even with stacking the box the Steelers were running to the right side of the line decent but Canada would get a decent run then call something stupid to follow it up and kill the drive.

Orlovsky did a good job pointing out really stupid play calls and the head scratching that makes you  want to throw shit at your TV.

Sullivan needs to encourage Pickett to utilize the middle of the field and if he gets man 1v1 with Pickens to get him the ball. Keep running to the right side with Warren and Najee get him 2nd and 5s or 3rd and 3s. Tell him to focus on moving the chains and use his legs to pick up first downs.

If Tomlin really has full confidence in Kenny he needs to tell him if he sees something the defense is giving him to audible and attack. Stop playing scared timid bullshit football. Play to fucking put up some points and win a fucki g game.

If I am Kenny and I have full confidence in my own abilities I am sitting with the WRs asking where the communication problems are happening and how to fix it. I am asking what routes and plays they want to get more of that the WRs feel they can get some success with. Telling Muth he is gonna get the ball way more. And for fucks sake ask to be able to use the middle of the field. Attack it with Muth and Washington. Make the defenses start to guess what the fuck is coming not know the same old vanilla bullshit. Puckett is surrounded by weapons they just haven't been utilized well up to this point.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2023/11/20/23969126/terrible-towel-tales-dan-orlovsky-bashes-matt-canadas-offense-george-pickens-kenny-pickett

I am LOVING almost everything you said there!  Makes me wish SteelerFreak58 were our OC!   My only change to the above:  "And for fucks sake ask to be able to use the middle of the field".  No, don't ASK.   TAKE.

Great analysis though, I'd like to see them do everything you just said.

Final comment - we run to the right because Jones is playing on the right at this time.  Dude is a monster.   Glad he's finally in the lineup.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 1:56 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Orlovsky did a good job pointing out really stupid play calls and the head scratching that makes you  want to throw shit at your TV.

I am LOVING almost everything you said there!  Makes me wish SteelerFreak58 were our OC!   My only change to the above:  "And for fucks sake ask to be able to use the middle of the field".  No, don't ASK.   TAKE.

Final comment - we run to the right because Jones is playing on the right at this time.  Dude is a monster.   Glad he's finally in the lineup.

Jones and Daniels are working well together. Jones is a beast and gonna be a big part of the teams success if they can get shit straightened out.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 2:35 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Jones and Daniels are working well together. Jones is a beast and gonna be a big part of the teams success if they can get shit straightened out.

To me, that equals drafting your next great Center in Round One next season. Also why I think they won't move on from Kenny Pickett yet (despite my earlier post). You can't draft EVERYONE in round 1. As was pointed out here, there is no reason to draft a QB in round one if you aren't fixing your line. I'd actually be happy going O-Line in round 1 and 2 next year. Yes we have other needs as well. But that's what's needed.

We are also in an era in the NFL where teams give up on QB's way too early. Pittsburgh not so much, but look across the league. Bears considering moving on from Fields, when instead they could just draft Marvin Harrison JR and keep Fields.

Fix the line, see what you have, then if Kenny still doesn't have it, you move on from him.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 4:56 pm

they may draft a late round QB , but anyone thinking they are looking to replace kenny will be disappointed. he will get the same amount of leeway as bush. i think there are some intriguing mid and late round QB's this draft.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 5:48 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
they may draft a late round QB , but anyone thinking they are looking to replace kenny will be disappointed. he will get the same amount of leeway as bush. i think there are some intriguing mid and late round QB's this draft.

This draft class for QBs is supposedly pretty deep with talent from what I have been reading. I can see them going for a QB in round 3 or 4 if Kenny doesn't turn things around.

Van Pran the #1 Center prospect out of Georgia has a round 2 and in some draft round 3 selection.

I would like to see them snag a RT in rd 1 and Van Pran or the kid from Oregon in round 2 for Center. With Jones, Seaumalu, and Daniels coming back that would create a quality line for any NFL QB.

I really would throw some serious money at Mike Munchack to come back for Oline Coach on a 5 year deal.

Following year pick up a Left or Right Guard in the draft in the first 3 rounds.

Master_Of_Puppets and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 5:52 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I agree with this. I think it's Pickett for a while to come. Really hoping a new coordinator will help him. The focus is going to really be on Kenny now. It really feels like he has already lost support from the fanbase, firing Canada is going to put a lot of focus on him to do better.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 5:55 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

This draft class for QBs is supposedly pretty deep with talent from what I have been reading. I can see them going for a QB in round 3 or 4 if Kenny doesn't turn things around.

Van Pran the #1 Center prospect out of Georgia has a round 2 and in some draft round 3 selection.

I would like to see them snag a RT in rd 1 and Van Pran or the kid from Oregon in round 2 for Center. With Jones, Seaumalu, and Daniels coming back that would create a quality line for any NFL QB.

I really would throw some serious money at Mike Munchack to come back for Oline Coach on a 5 year deal.

Following year pick up a Left or Right Guard in the draft in the first 3 rounds.

Yeah, let's rebuild the line and it would be awesome to see Munchak back.

Matt Canada fired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Canada fired   Matt Canada fired Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt Canada fired
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next