Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWe can't catch a break at MLB Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

We can't catch a break at MLB

Go down 
+4
IowaSteeler927
Stella Nation
SteelerFreak58
solardave
8 posters
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

We can't catch a break at MLB Empty
PostSubject: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 4:28 am

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2023/11/12/23958086/steelers-injury-news-kwon-alexander-torn-achilles-in-week-10

I really liked his tenacity and I hate this for him. Now we're really thin at ILB. We've gone from the luxury of rotation and now what? It's not like there's starters out there waiting on their couch.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 9:58 am

Next man up! Feel bad for him and Holcomb they both were putting up good numbers. Gotta go out and see if there are any practice squad guys that are hidden gems waiting for an opportunity to produce.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 3:24 am

I've just checked it to be sure and Devin Bush is still on the Seahawks roster. So at least he can't come back We can't catch a break at MLB 1647293567

solardave, IowaSteeler927, Steeler-in-west, LambertWardSteel and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 3:29 am

Stella Nation wrote:
I've just checked it to be sure and Devin Bush is still on the Seahawks roster. So at least he can't come back We can't catch a break at MLB 1647293567

I'd take James Farrior or Larry Foote back at this point before I'd ever even remotely consider taking Devin Bush back. I have no doubt those old retired guys would play better than he would.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 1:44 pm

Tomlin said Freiermuth and Minkah potentially could return this weekend and they will look to practice squad for linebackers.

Quote :
The Steelers have experienced linebackers on the practice squad in Tariq Carpenter and Mykal Walker.

Steelers going to look within for replacements for injured linebackers Cole Holcomb, Kwon Alexander

https://triblive.com/sports/watch-steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-previews-week-11-matchup-with-browns/

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyWed Nov 15, 2023 6:45 pm

Stella Nation wrote:

Thank goodness because I thought I heard that they released him

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyWed Nov 15, 2023 11:14 pm

i was going to suggest miles jack but it appears he retired a few weeks after signing with the eagles.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 3:50 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i was going to suggest miles jack but it appears he retired a few weeks after signing with the eagles.

Eh even if he was available I don't think I'd want that guy back. Really wasn't very impressive last time he saw the field. I would rather see what Elandon Roberts and Mark Robinson can do, I think those guys are going to bring a much needed brand of physicality to the MLB position and from everything I've seen from these two so far they should be pretty stout against the run. I still don't like losing Kwon's coverage ability though, that's going to be the real question mark here, can Roberts/Robinson drop back and cover?

Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 11:57 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Eh even if he was available I don't think I'd want that guy back. Really wasn't very impressive last time he saw the field. I would rather see what Elandon Roberts and Mark Robinson can do, I think those guys are going to bring a much needed brand of physicality to the MLB position and from everything I've seen from these two so far they should be pretty stout against the run. I still don't like losing Kwon's coverage ability though, that's going to be the real question mark here, can Roberts/Robinson drop back and cover?

Steelers, recently retired LB Myles Jack have mutual interest in reunion, per report

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-recently-retired-lb-myles-jack-have-mutual-interest-in-reunion-per-report/
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 1:55 am

There aren't many options out there. Jack at least has experience in the system. ILB seems like a constant area of need for us since the Shazier injury and whiff on Bush.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 4:18 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
There aren't many options out there. Jack at least has experience in the system. ILB seems like a constant area of need for us since the Shazier injury and whiff on Bush.

We'd just have to hope we don't need him. Elandon and Mark need to stay healthy. Like you said there is slim pickins. We can't catch a break at MLB 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 5:03 pm

Devin White will be a free agent after this year. We can't catch a break at MLB 3135543967 , lookin at next years list of ILB free agents, there's not much opportunity to snatch a quality ILB. there's a few older guys (30+) , but really no long term solutions outside of white. just like the Oline, they have kicked the ILB can down the road for too many years. Devin White publicly asked too be traded before this season. perhaps the Khanman can work some magic this pff season... We can't catch a break at MLB 2893009358

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 7:37 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Devin White will be a free agent after this year. We can't catch a break at MLB 3135543967 , lookin at next years list of ILB free agents, there's not much opportunity to snatch a quality ILB. there's a few older guys (30+)  , but really no long term solutions outside of white. just like the Oline, they have kicked the ILB can down the road for too many years. Devin White publicly asked too be traded before this season. perhaps the Khanman can work some magic this pff season... We can't catch a break at MLB 2893009358

Devin White and Kwon Alexander would make a nice pairing in the middle. I would be onboard with that.

solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 6:50 pm

Jack is back.

Myles Jack unretires, joins Steelers' practice squad

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38946000/myles-jack-unretires-joins-steelers-practice-squad

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 7:30 pm

Chris Long "Pittsburgh wasn't ready to play."

Yup... pretty much sums it up. Inability to adjust... they got confused? They expected man coverage but got zone and they couldn't adjust? Lol wtf? If that doesn't get Canada fired nothing will...

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/11/pittsburgh-wasnt-ready-to-play-chris-long-critical-of-steelers-preparation-inability-to-adjust/

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 7:31 pm

Here's hoping he can make an impact.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 7:56 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Devin White will be a free agent after this year. We can't catch a break at MLB 3135543967 , lookin at next years list of ILB free agents, there's not much opportunity to snatch a quality ILB. there's a few older guys (30+)  , but really no long term solutions outside of white. just like the Oline, they have kicked the ILB can down the road for too many years. Devin White publicly asked too be traded before this season. perhaps the Khanman can work some magic this pff season... We can't catch a break at MLB 2893009358

Devin White and Kwon Alexander would make a nice pairing in the middle. I would be onboard with that.
im thinking more like white a holcomb. holcomb is under contract until 2025. he is 2 years younger than kwan who is only on a 1 year deal.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 1:18 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

im thinking more like white a holcomb. holcomb is under contract until 2025. he is 2 years younger than kwan who is only on a 1 year deal.

I think Kwon really fits here though, at the very least I'd like to keep him for depth. He seems to bring a spark when he's on the field and his veteran experience was helpful until he got hurt. I shouldn't count out Holcomb though, you're right about that. He's a younger and more promising guy and would probably pair just as well if not better (than Kwon) with a guy like Devin White.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 4:44 am

Holcomb reminds me of what we thought we were getting with Bush while Alexander reminds me of Timmons. White would definitely be a welcome addition.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 5:50 am

solardave wrote:
Holcomb reminds me of what we thought we were getting with Bush while Alexander reminds me of Timmons. White would definitely be a welcome addition.

Ironically White was the Devin that got drafted ahead of the Devin (Bush) that we drafted in 2019. White was definitely the better of the two Devins. We can't catch a break at MLB 1797695198 I would love to see Tampa Bay let him go so we can snatch him up. He's the Shazier-esque MLB we've been missing since Shazzy got hurt.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 1:44 pm

Welcome aboard Mr. Blake Martinez hopefully you can contribute!

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/11/schefter-steelers-signing-lb-blake-martinez-off-panthers-practice-squad/

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 2:45 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Welcome aboard Mr. Blake Martinez hopefully you can contribute!

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/11/schefter-steelers-signing-lb-blake-martinez-off-panthers-practice-squad/
Just don't buy Pokemon cards from him We can't catch a break at MLB 3562723908

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We can't catch a break at MLB   We can't catch a break at MLB Empty

Back to top Go down

We can't catch a break at MLB
Page 1 of 1