Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver

Go down 
+2
Master_Of_Puppets
Great Randino
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 3:59 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
can someone explain to me how odell beckham is still getting teams to pay him like he is good receiver ? he hasnt had a 1k yard season since 2019. spotrac has his projected market value at 11.9 million. Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 2829330259
i mean 10-12 million a year for 30-40 receptions seems steep to me. Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 2087824411
its not just beckham. micheal thomas, DJ Clark. 2 more guys that havent put up good stats in years, yet projected for the 10 million club.
meanwhile slot receivers like boyd or hunter renfrow ,who actually could put up better stats on the right team, are projected for millions less. hunter renfrow would put up monster numbers if he had played with a guy like manning or brady.

Let's see if I can explain this. It's the NFL version of BUILD BACK BETTER. In this dimension, OBJ is not unlike Joe Obiden. Way past his prime, but somehow getting better with age. He's not falling up steps yet but he get's plenty of help propping him up.
In reality, my answer is fuck if I know. None of this shit makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 8:58 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
can someone explain to me how odell beckham is still getting teams to pay him like he is good receiver ? he hasnt had a 1k yard season since 2019. spotrac has his projected market value at 11.9 million. Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 2829330259
i mean 10-12 million a year for 30-40 receptions seems steep to me. Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 2087824411
its not just beckham. micheal thomas, DJ Clark. 2 more guys that havent put up good stats in years, yet projected for the 10 million club.
meanwhile slot receivers like boyd or hunter renfrow ,who actually could put up better stats on the right team, are projected for millions less. hunter renfrow would put up monster numbers if he had played with a guy like manning or brady.

There's also something as the business aspect that comes with signing players like OBJ and Thomas. Those guys will make their team millions merchandise wise, when joining a new team many fans will still buy their jerseys because they are well known players unlike guys like Boyd or Renfrow who may be better players but who aren't as popular. So their contracts are higher, but financially their net return for the team and the owner is bigger.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 2:12 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Josh Reynolds is out there he could be a possibility.
for some reason the steelers havent kicked his tires. he is scheduled to visit the ratbirds. i noticed the ratbirds dont seem interested in paying OBJ again.
i think the steelers , barring a favorable trade for a WR will wait until after the draft to sift thru the FA bin again. the vet FA's start getting a bit desperate for a contract after the draft and put themselves on discount. i can even see a scenario where allen robinson comes crawling back for vet minimum. i believe robinson was not on the 1st round of cuts because the steelers wanted to keep him at a reduced salary.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 7:36 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Josh Reynolds is out there he could be a possibility.
for some reason the steelers havent kicked his tires. he is scheduled to visit the ratbirds. i noticed the ratbirds dont seem interested in paying OBJ again.
i think the steelers , barring a favorable trade for a WR will wait until after the draft to sift thru the FA bin again. the vet FA's start getting a bit desperate for a contract after the draft and put themselves on discount. i can even see a scenario where allen robinson comes crawling back for vet minimum. i believe robinson was not on the 1st round of cuts because the steelers wanted to keep him at a reduced salary.

Yeah Robinson fits the Smith scheme he is an excellent blocking WR and that is what Smith wants as one of his WRs strengths, especially the slot receiver. I could see them bringing him back wouldn't be a bad thing unless they can get someone younger and a bit faster.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:56 pm

Cam Sutton is available...if someone can find him. Shocked
the po po still looking for him.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:37 am

At this point I have to think the WR problem solves itself in the draft. I don't think they sign another FA WR.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:03 pm

Quez Watkins picked up from the Eagles... not a high pedigree pick up but a young veteran that can help contribute.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:12 pm

he'll be good camp competition. at least he has some starting experience.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 12:15 am

turns out eagle fans had a nick name for watkins....dropkins. Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 1505004552 seems homie has some of em butterfingers,

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 12:38 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
turns out eagle fans had a nick name for watkins....dropkins. Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 1505004552 seems homie has some of em butterfingers,

Well so did DJ... we won't miss a beat then!Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 3562723908
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:20 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Well so did DJ... we won't miss a beat then!Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 3562723908

Now if they can get him to run east/west he can be DJ 2.0.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:14 pm

Signed Cordarelle Patterson. I love it. Dude is super versatile
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 11:27 pm

i wanted patterson 3 years ago. now? not so much. he is 33 yrs old and his return stats have nosed dived since 2020. he has returned 16 kickoffs the last 2 years. and only has 1 return longer than 35 yards in 3 years. sorry but i think investing 3 million a year is just too steep considering his body of work since 2020.

there isnt any contract details other than 2 years for 6 million. hopefully any guaranteed money will be on this year.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 2:45 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i wanted patterson 3 years ago. now? not so much. he is 33 yrs old and his return stats have nosed dived since 2020. he has returned 16 kickoffs the last 2 years. and only has 1 return longer than 35 yards in 3 years. sorry but i think investing 3 million a year is just too steep considering his body of work since 2020.

there isnt any contract details other than 2 years for 6 million. hopefully any guaranteed money will be on this year.

But he fits Tomlin's mold. Versatile, past his prime and long in the tooth.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 12:37 pm

I think there were plenty of better and younger options at RB#3.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 6:22 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

But he fits Tomlin's mold. Versatile, past his prime and long in the tooth.
it doesnt make much sense considering art smith most likely had some input on the signing. art smith is the one who put patterson on the back burner. i dont have an issue bringing patterson in, other than the contract. you dont pay a guy for what he has done in the past, you pay them for what you think they could do in the future. art smith greatly reduced pattersons role in atlanta for a reason. he felt a need to go with young fresh legs. this is a frivolous derrick watt type of contract. using up resources on a guy who will barely see the field.
keeping vets past their prime on the roster keeps you from discovering talents like jallen warren.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 am

Why not bring back LeVeon Bell? Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 2744185472
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

solardave wrote:
Why not bring back LeVeon Bell? Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 2744185472
Bell's actually younger.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 am

Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:
Bell's actually younger.

But not smarter...Right? Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 1797695198

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 12:39 am

solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:
Bell's actually younger.

But not smarter...Right? Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 1797695198
C'mon, SolarDave Man, it's NOT ABOUT intelligence! He's not running for senate, he's running for yardage!

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 2:02 am

has anyone else entertained the thought of trading for another 1st round pick being a good idea this year ?
minnesota gave up this years 2nd (42) 2025 2nd and a 6th (188) for # 23 and a 7th (232).

miami (21) doesnt have a 3 or 4th this year and philly (22) might be open to a trade.

of course the texans are only going back 19 spots to the 2nd round pick but it only cost them a 6th to 7th pick swap and a 2nd next year.

its imperative the steelers come away from this draft with at minimum a starter ready WR and a C. slightly lower in the order is a RT. i'm not convinced they can achieve all three with their allotted picks.
i think they need 3 picks in the top 51. a C and a WR IN THE 1ST. banking on scoring a starter quality rookie in the 3rd  is a bad gamble.

of course my idea hinges on keeping the 2nd and moving further up the draft board will come at a greater cost.
I OWE YOU  picks seem to have a little less value. especially for a team that seems to be a future contender. so what would the compensation need to be ? would this years two 3rd round picks and next years 1 and 2 be enough ? maybe have to sweeten the pot with a 6th this year and next or even a 5th next year ?

if they could come out of this draft with C-JPJ and WR- brian thomas in the 1st and tyler guyton or jared morgan in the 2nd , i would attempt to do a back flip.
i just watched brian thomas's highlight tape again and the entire time all i could think was, this guy is a clone of george pickens.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 3:29 am

Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:
Bell's actually younger.

C'mon, SolarDave Man, it's NOT ABOUT intelligence!   He's not running for senate, he's running for yardage!

Twisted Evil

Yeah, you're right, and I don't know many senators that can RAP or box either. Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver   Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers looking to acquire a top tier receiver
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2