Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAFC North injury watch Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

AFC North injury watch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

AFC North injury watch Empty
PostSubject: AFC North injury watch   AFC North injury watch EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:22 am

AFC North injury watch
October, 3, 2011
By Jamison Hensley

There is concern that Ben Roethlisberger's left foot might be broken, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

X-rays on the Steelers starting quarterback weren't immediately announced. Roethlisberger said he was unaware if the foot was broken.

Asked whether he would play Sunday against the Titans, Roethlisberger said, "I don't know. You know me, if I can be out there I'm going to be out there. That's so for next week, too."

It was just last season when Roethlisberger played through a broken bone in his right foot without being sidelined for a game.

"I casted up my foot for the last half of the year, so if we have to do it, I'll do it," he said.

Also, running back Rashard Mendenhall didn't return to the game after injuring his hamstring on a 3-yard touchdown run late in the third quarter of Sunday's loss at Houston.

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/32670/afc-north-injury-watch

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Steelers' Roethlisberger injures foot, leaves stadium in boot   AFC North injury watch EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:27 am

Steelers' Roethlisberger injures foot, leaves stadium in boot
NFL.com Wire Reports
Published: Oct. 2, 2011 at 05:16 p.m. Updated: Oct. 2, 2011 at 10:40 p.m.

The Pittsburgh Steelers were hit with a bevy of injuries during Sunday's 17-10 loss to the Houston Texans.

The biggest concern is quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said had X-rays following the game on a left foot injury. Roethlisberger, who was wearing a walking boot when he left the stadium, said he didn't know the results of the tests. He also told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette he did not know whether the foot was broken, and said if there was a break, he would try to play through it like he did last season when he played through a broken bone in his right foot.

According to Steelers Digest, Roethlisberger was on crutches as he boarded the team charter for the flight back to Pittsburgh.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822c25bb/article/steelers-roethlisberger-injures-foot-leaves-stadium-in-boot?module=HP11_headline_stack

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: AFC North injury watch   AFC North injury watch EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Geez. Great. Now he'll be a sittin' duck. Well I guess he has been so far anyway. I hate to see anyone hurt but Mendy could be a blessing in disguise.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: AFC North injury watch   AFC North injury watch EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:09 pm

solardave wrote:
Geez. Great. Now he'll be a sittin' duck. Well I guess he has been so far anyway. I hate to see anyone hurt but Mendy could be a blessing in disguise.

It's time for Redman to take this opportunity and literally run with it. Show the coaches and FO why he should take over the starting job or, at least, get a lot more carries per game. I have a feeling that if Redman can have a breakout game(s), Arians will be getting a call from Art II to remind him about the whole "running the ball more effectively" thing. At least I hope so. I still think Mendy has a part to play in this offense as a change of pace back or even as the starter if he is benched and gets his head straight again. Until such time as that happens, I'm for Redman carrying the load.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFC North injury watch   AFC North injury watch Empty

Back to top Go down

AFC North injury watch
Page 1 of 1