Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWard says his unit must come to rescue of defense Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense Empty
PostSubject: Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense   Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:54 am

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers defense lies in tatters, torn apart by two opposing running backs, silenced in turnovers and sacks and now shattered by the loss of two of its best players.

It is time, captain Hines Ward said, for his offense to turn the tables and carry the defense on its shoulders, starting Sunday against Tennessee. Time to pay back all those games their defense pulled out with dominating performances and timely turnovers.

"It's time for the offense to step up and carry this team," Ward said, "because the defense has carried us for many years now. And now they're going through this situation. We need to be there for our teammates and for this organization, we have to go out and make more plays."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11279/1180084-66-0.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1ZyTEEzn9
--------------------------------------

I can't argue with that. Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense 2087824411

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense   Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:02 am

I think the best thing this team can do right now is play more of a clock management style game. Eat up some clock, hold the ball, put points up 70% of the possessions, win games.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense   Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:14 am

One word. Redman. Pound the hell out of the ball. Use play action to set up the bomb. Do away with these bubble screens unless they are to the speed guys I.E. Wallace,Brown and Sanders. No offense to Hines I still like the quick hit to him and Heath across the middle in short yardage.
Run well and STOPthe run. that's what we need now. Tackle the runner on the way to the QB.

Sounds simple but we ain't doin' it.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense   Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:50 am

Hell it's been that time for awhile now Hines.

But I'm tired of talk, I want more ACTION!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense   Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Hell it's not Hines. The line needs to run block and let Redman establish the tempo. If we can get the Titans to commit to the run it opens things up. Let them put up an 8 man front and then let Ben start airing out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense   Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense Empty

Back to top Go down

Ward says his unit must come to rescue of defense
Page 1 of 1