Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week Empty
PostSubject: Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week   Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Posted 3 hours ago

Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall was recognized for his outstanding play versus the Jacksonville Jaguars by being named AFC Offensive Player of the Week. This marks the second time in Mendenhall’s four-year career that he has received the honor, having previously won for his performance against San Diego in Week Four of the 2009 season.

Mendenhall recorded a season-high 146 yards on 23 carries with one touchdown in the victory over the Jaguars. His 146 yards marked the fourth-highest single game rushing total of his career. He registered a career-long 68-yard run in the second-quarter that set up a 21-yard field goal that gave the Steelers a 17-0 lead.

(Read More:) http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Mendenhall-AFC-Offensive-Player-of-the-Week/6dc6edbd-935d-4fee-ba4e-bcb63d7f85a9

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What a way to rebound from your slow start and harsh criticism (me included), Mendy! Good job, now keep it going! Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week 348340646

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week   Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:25 pm

He's hushed the critics for ONE game. I won't consistency, and not the kind we've been getting before this past weekend.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week   Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 5:08 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
He's hushed the critics for ONE game. I won't consistency, and not the kind we've been getting before this past weekend.

If we get some consistency along the O-line we'll more than likely find some consistency in the running game.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week   Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:29 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

If we get some consistency along the O-line we'll more than likely find some consistency in the running game.

True but tell me how can Redman run behind the same line with better productivity?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week   Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:38 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

True but tell me how can Redman run behind the same line with better productivity?

He hasn't. We haven't started the same o-line for 2 games yet this season. Redman got one start with Starks at LT and Gilbert/Scott at RT and Mendy has had one start with Starks at LT and Scott at RT. In those two games Redman had 15 carries for 49 yards and a 3.3 avg, Mendy had 23 carries for 146yds and a 6.3 avg. If you take away Mendy's 68 yard run his avg is still higher at 3.5+.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week   Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:57 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

He hasn't. We haven't started the same o-line for 2 games yet this season. Redman got one start with Starks at LT and Gilbert/Scott at RT and Mendy has had one start with Starks at LT and Scott at RT. In those two games Redman had 15 carries for 49 yards and a 3.3 avg, Mendy had 23 carries for 146yds and a 6.3 avg. If you take away Mendy's 68 yard run his avg is still higher at 3.5+.

I thought Redman had over a 100+ yards when him and Dwyer were in the backfield while Mendy mended his hammy?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week   Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Sorry it was Dwyer with 107 with the long run of 76.

BTW, I don't do the "Take out the long run" because it's typically the o-line that blows the hole up big enough for them to have the huge run. Just so you know, I'm not one of those, "IF you take away this". Well heck if we took Wallace's long catches and TDs, we wouldn't have won a few of the other games either Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week 3798349058

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week   Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 7:16 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Sorry it was Dwyer with 107 with the long run of 76.

BTW, I don't do the "Take out the long run" because it's typically the o-line that blows the hole up big enough for them to have the huge run. Just so you know, I'm not one of those, "IF you take away this". Well heck if we took Wallace's long catches and TDs, we wouldn't have won a few of the other games either Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week 3798349058

I agree completely. My pointing out that he still had a higher YPC avg without the 68 yarder was a preemptive strike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week   Mendenhall AFC Offensive Player of the Week Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1