Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012   Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:45 pm

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: May 23, 2012 at 03:05 p.m. Updated: May 23, 2012 at 03:21 p.m.

Injuries are often about timing. Rashard Mendenhall's torn anterior cruciate ligament on January 1 has made Mendenhall's status for 2012 an open question in Pittsburgh all offseason.

There have been reports that suggested the Steelers aren't counting on Mendenhall to play, especially early in the year. Mendenhall said Wednesday that he fully expects to play in 2012 and he's not ruling out a Week 1 return.

"They never said a time. With a knee, it can take anywhere from six to 12 months, so everybody's time frame is different," Mendenhall said, via the team's website. "I'll be back at some point. It's just a matter of what point that is."

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8294a0d7/article/rashard-mendenhall-says-hell-play-for-steelers-in-2012?module=HP11_headline_stack

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012   Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:08 am

I'd rather have Redman in at 100% than Mendy at 70-80% any day and twice on Sunday. Oh wait BA is gone. Make that 3-4 times. Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012   Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:16 pm

solardave wrote:
I'd rather have Redman in at 100% than Mendy at 70-80% any day and twice on Sunday. Oh wait BA is gone. Make that 3-4 times. Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012 1797695198

Me too. I'd still like to see what Mendy can do with this o-line and new OC though. He may make a resurgence and a case for staying around after this season if he can get on the field.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012   Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Steelers do not know when Mendenhall will be ready to carry the ball
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:57 am | Updated: 8:11 am, Thu May 24, 2012.
By Mike Bires

PITTSBURGH – Rashard Mendenhall is still a very young man. On June 19, he’ll celebrate his 25th birthday. However, as a pro running back, he may be starting to decline.

Sure, there are exceptions. But NFL teams nowadays are fortunate when they get five good years from a running back.

Mendenhall, the Steelers’ first-round pick in the 2008 draft, is in his fifth pro season. And right now, he’s damaged goods.

He’s been at the Steelers’ organized team activities the past two days. He’s doing some light running, but can’t practice. He’s still on the mend after tearing an anterior cruciate ligament in his knee in the last game of the 2011 regular season. The recovery period for that type of injury can be anywhere between nine and 12 months.

At this time, the Steelers have no idea when – or if – Mendenhall will play this year.

There is no reason to believe Mendenhall will be ready for training camp which starts in late July. There is no reason to believe he’ll be ready for the Sept. 9 season opener. Before this year’s draft, general manager Kevin Colbert said that “I never feel good about an ACL for a year.”

Colbert added that anything the Steelers get from Mendenhall in 2012 is “a bonus.”

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-don-t-know-when-mendenhall-will-be-ready-to/article_240ee458-a576-11e1-a1fa-001a4bcf6878.html

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Rashard Mendenhall not ruling himself out for Week One   Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Rashard Mendenhall not ruling himself out for Week One
Posted by Josh Alper on May 25, 2012, 9:38 AM EDT

When Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall tore his ACL in the season finale, it created some doubt about whether he’d be able to get back on the field in time to help the team during the 2012 season.

Mendenhall still isn’t sure when he’ll be back, but he’s adamant that he won’t miss the entire season. Scott Brown of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the team is prepared for the possibility that he will have to start the year on the PUP list, but Mendenhall isn’t willing to give up hope that he’ll be on the field for the Sunday night game against the Broncos on September 9th.

“There’s always the possibility,” Mendenhall said. “I’ll be back at some point. It’s just a matter of what point that is.”

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/25/rashard-mendenhall-not-ruling-himself-out-for-week-one/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012   Rashard Mendenhall says he'll play for Steelers in 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1