Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePolamalu has to start thinking of his future Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Polamalu has to start thinking of his future

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Polamalu has to start thinking of his future Empty
PostSubject: Polamalu has to start thinking of his future   Polamalu has to start thinking of his future EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:07 pm

November, 28, 2011
By Jamison Hensley

A nerve impingement has caused Ravens safety Ed Reed to contemplate retirement in recent seasons. Now, you have to wonder whether concussions will cause Steelers safety Troy Polamalu to do the same, or at least cause him to alter his reckless style of play.

Polamalu, 30, is a physical player but he needs to be a smart one as well with this situation. These head injuries are starting to pile up, which is a disturbing trend when you hear about the effects on players later in life.

Polamalu
The latest one for Polamalu came Sunday night, when he left during the opening drive after taking a blow to the head and did not return. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin confirmed that the 2010 NFL defensive player of the year was experiencing "concussion-like symptoms."

This is the second time in seven games that Polamalu has left a game with head trauma. Last time, he returned the next week. It will be interesting to see if he comes back as quickly this time.

Polamalu appeared to be lobbying his coaches to get back onto the field during the game. He stood on the sideline with his helmet on during the first quarter, and he still stayed suited up in the second quarter.

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/36673/polamalu-has-to-start-thinking-of-his-future

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu has to start thinking of his future   Polamalu has to start thinking of his future EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 4:49 am

He also had a history in college coming out. I don't see him playing more than a couple of years so maybe we need to draft a safety next year. How do you replace a guy like Troy though?
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu has to start thinking of his future   Polamalu has to start thinking of his future EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:43 am

Maybe Goodell needs to start fining the players for delivering blows to Polumalu's head. THERE IS NO PLACE IN FOOTBALL FOR KNEE TO HEAD CONTACT. Polamalu has to start thinking of his future 2625562446 We may lose one of the best players due to the reckless and physical nature of this sport and Goodell is standing by and doing nothing to help protect our player. Polamalu has to start thinking of his future 2306309830 I guess "The Polumalu Rule" doesn't have a ring to it.

Oh wait, I forgot we're not the Pats* and we don't get special accommodations. Rolling Eyes
Polamalu has to start thinking of his future 1797695198

I hope Troy is able to bounce back and play at least 10 more years... I know that's incredibly optimistic given his style of play and numerous injuries.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu has to start thinking of his future   Polamalu has to start thinking of his future EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:25 am

Troy does need to start thinking about his future, and not the future of his career. But the future of his family and his personal life. I'm pretty certain he wouldn't want to sit around and have his wife and kids take care of him after his career, I know I wouldn't.

I'm not saying it's time for him to go. I'm saying it's time that he start thinking about his next move. Maybe coaching?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Polamalu has to start thinking of his future 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu has to start thinking of his future   Polamalu has to start thinking of his future Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1