Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhat was Rooney thinking? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

What was Rooney thinking?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

What was Rooney thinking? Empty
PostSubject: What was Rooney thinking?   What was Rooney thinking? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 2:30 am

Thoughts from Bob Smizik ....

* Hard to believe Steelers president Art Rooney is so clumsy in his handling of personnel and media matters that he failed to realize he was severely weakening the image of coach Mike Tomlin by the way he dealt with the retiring/firing of Bruce Arians. Did Tomlin do something that merited such a public embarrassment? There’s no indication, but it’s hard to believe Rooney did not deliberately handle the matter as he did.

* Scouting report on Todd Haley, believed to be a candidate to become the Steelers offensive coordinator: Extremely head strong and hard to get along with.

* No disrespect to quarterback coach Randy Fichtner but the Steelers are doing the right thing by going outside the organization for an offensive coordinator. Ben Roethlisberger is too established to have his game overhauled, but he needs to hear a different voice.

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
La Flama Blanca
Xtreme Newb
La Flama Blanca

PostSubject: Re: What was Rooney thinking?   What was Rooney thinking? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:56 pm

What is the image of Mike Tomlin? Has he stepped in to change anything involving the defense (run by Lebeau) or the offense which has been a predictable mess of late?

Is the scouting report on Haley from his stint as HC? I would imagine he's a humbled man after his firing. If not I can' see anyone walking on Coach Tomlin.

I agree with the "outside the organization". The comments from Ben of late come off to me as if he's bigger then the rest of the offense.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: What was Rooney thinking?   What was Rooney thinking? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:21 pm

La Flama Blanca wrote:
What is the image of Mike Tomlin? Has he stepped in to change anything involving the defense (run by Lebeau) or the offense which has been a predictable mess of late?

Is the scouting report on Haley from his stint as HC? I would imagine he's a humbled man after his firing. If not I can' see anyone walking on Coach Tomlin.

I agree with the "outside the organization". The comments from Ben of late come off to me as if he's bigger then the rest of the offense.

I'm pretty sure the comments by Ben were taken out of context and were not damaging at all. The reason we need a no nonsense OC is because Ben has been treated like a spoiled 6 yr old by BA the entire time he's been OC. It's time for someone to take into account Ben's strengths and game plan around them. And by that I don't mean "LET BEN BE BEN"! He can still take his shots down the field just not on 3rd and 2. What was Rooney thinking? 2913999526
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: What was Rooney thinking?   What was Rooney thinking? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:29 pm

don't care what the press says l liked the move by Rooney the offense wasn't suck ass but it was kinda stuck in time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was Rooney thinking?   What was Rooney thinking? Empty

Back to top Go down

What was Rooney thinking?
Page 1 of 1