Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeClark frustrated for Harrison Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Clark frustrated for Harrison

Go down 
+2
SteelersYak
stlrtruck
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Clark frustrated for Harrison Empty
PostSubject: Clark frustrated for Harrison   Clark frustrated for Harrison EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:42 pm

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Clark-frustrated-for-Harrison/1b38356d-b90e-44d9-81d9-bea75d664fd8

Quote :
Linebacker James Harrison wasn’t at the Steelers practice facility on Wednesday because of his one-game NFL suspension, but he definitely was at the forefront of his teammates thoughts.

“I am frustrated for James,” said safety Ryan Clark. “I feel bad for James. I couldn’t imagine having to deal with what he has had to deal with the past two years. I know he has worked extremely hard to stay within the guidelines. This is his first offense this year. That part frustrates me. You hate to see a teammate, a friend, be ostracized or ridiculed when he has been working to do better.”

Clark has been fined twice by the NFL this season, including once for $40,000, and what bothers him is there is no set guideline as to what classifies a player to be worthy of a suspension.

“There is no set rules, no clarification on what will get you suspended or fined a certain amount,” said Clark. “It’s really all left up to judgment. We just have to continue to try to play within the rules, try to do the right thing. It’s a battle we can’t win. You can’t fight it through the media. You can’t fight it doing anything. The NFL is going to make the decision of who plays and who doesn’t. For us we have to find a way to play within the rules and still be able to maintain a physical presence out there.

Clark is right, and if there is no set rules or clarification then Der Kommish can continue to rule with an iron fist without giving anyone, including the officials what constitutes a penalty, a fine, and/or suspension.

FREE JAMES HARRISON!!!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Clark frustrated for Harrison 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Clark frustrated for Harrison   Clark frustrated for Harrison EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:26 pm

I am frustrated for Harrison as well. It sucks that he is being penalized for playing an aggressive game, aggressively. It would be one thing if he is picking fights before/after the game, trash talking, maliciously hitting players, etc. but the guy is just an aggressive player. He doesn't celebrate when he hits players hard, he doesn't Antonio Brown after every tackle.

Bottom line: This is bullshit.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Clark frustrated for Harrison   Clark frustrated for Harrison EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:19 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I am frustrated for Harrison as well. It sucks that he is being penalized for playing an aggressive game, aggressively. It would be one thing if he is picking fights before/after the game, trash talking, maliciously hitting players, etc. but the guy is just an aggressive player. He doesn't celebrate when he hits players hard, he doesn't Antonio Brown after every tackle.

Bottom line: This is bullshit.

Well said Dubs. It's amazing that the commissioner is trying to get aggressive men to play a violent game, not so violently. I guess it's round hole meet square peg.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Clark frustrated for Harrison 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Clark frustrated for Harrison   Clark frustrated for Harrison EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Well said Dubs. It's amazing that the commissioner is trying to get aggressive men to play a violent game, not so violently. I guess it's round hole meet square peg.[/quote]

I aagree except it's more like round hole meet ASSHOLE!!!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Clark frustrated for Harrison   Clark frustrated for Harrison EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:06 pm

I agree it's bullshit, but these guys need to shut up and concentrate on the task at hand.... winning games. Take your frustration out on the 49ers this week and make THEM pay for Goodell's sins. The best way to hurt him and get revenge is to force that scumbag to personally hand you the Lombardi at the end of the Super Bowl. It would almost certainly cause him to have a severe fatal brain anuerysm solving our problem for forthcoming seasons.

As it is, all Ryan Clark has done is place the bullseye on his own back.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Clark frustrated for Harrison   Clark frustrated for Harrison EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:56 pm

Clark is spot on with his criticism.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Clark frustrated for Harrison   Clark frustrated for Harrison EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 4:13 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
I agree it's bullshit, but these guys need to shut up and concentrate on the task at hand.... winning games. Take your frustration out on the 49ers this week and make THEM pay for Goodell's sins. The best way to hurt him and get revenge is to force that scumbag to personally hand you the Lombardi at the end of the Super Bowl. It would almost certainly cause him to have a severe fatal brain anuerysm solving our problem for forthcoming seasons.

As it is, all Ryan Clark has done is place the bullseye on his own back.

You're right. Quit talking Ryan and kick some but. I would love to see Goodell hand over the trophy and not get so much as single handshake much less a hug. Give him a great big sloppy kiss MY ASS!!!!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Clark frustrated for Harrison   Clark frustrated for Harrison EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 5:13 am

win the game for James Clark frustrated for Harrison 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Clark frustrated for Harrison   Clark frustrated for Harrison EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:52 am

Wallace108 wrote:

Oh, I agree with Clark's assessment, but what good does it really do in the end? All it does is stir the hornet's nest and dare Goodell to do something else to us.... which he is more than happy to oblige. Let it go, move on to the 49ers, and get focused on making Roger look like an uncomfortable, bitter buffoon at the podium post-Super Bowl. It may literally kill that man.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Clark frustrated for Harrison   Clark frustrated for Harrison EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:58 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Oh, I agree with Clark's assessment, but what good does it really do in the end? All it does is stir the hornet's nest and dare Goodell to do something else to us.... which he is more than happy to oblige. Let it go, move on to the 49ers, and get focused on making Roger look like an uncomfortable, bitter buffoon at the podium post-Super Bowl. It may literally kill that man.

Especially when no Steeler shakes his hand Twisted Evil

I don't know how many of you watched much of last years draft when Franco was a guest. He walked right by Goodell without even acknowledging him. I loved that!!!

It would be great for us to do the old "How ya like us now?" Clark frustrated for Harrison 2573146105

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Clark frustrated for Harrison   Clark frustrated for Harrison EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 8:28 am

solardave wrote:

It would be great for us to do the old "How ya like us now?" Clark frustrated for Harrison 2573146105

How about "The Bird"? Clark frustrated for Harrison 2087824411

Clark frustrated for Harrison 568088689 Clark frustrated for Harrison 929792854 Clark frustrated for Harrison 1075563676

Clark frustrated for Harrison 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clark frustrated for Harrison   Clark frustrated for Harrison Empty

Back to top Go down

Clark frustrated for Harrison
Page 1 of 1