Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Roethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday   Roethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:41 am

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2011, 8:54 AM EST
Reuters

We knew Ben Roethlisberger’s latest injury would create a little drama.

Big Ben didn’t practice Thursday and isn’t expected to on Friday. He’s aiming for Saturday’s practice, but told reporters that his ankle feels worse than it did when he was playing on it against the Browns.

“The second half of that game you were playing off adrenaline, you were playing off emotion,” Roethlisberger said via Scout.com. “The next couple days after that I just shook my head because I don’t know how – I couldn’t have done it; I don’t know how I did.

“It’s amazing what adrenaline and wanting to be out there for your guys does.”

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/16/roethlisbergers-ankle-feels-worse-targeting-saturday/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It doesn't sound good for Ben this Monday. No

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday   Roethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:59 am

I'd almost rather him not play. The team is almost guaranteed to make it to the playoffs regardless...but it would be a huge blow if he went out and played and just got hurt more. One more week and the ankle should be much better.

As to how he could play, he's absolutely spot on (and he probably had some pain killers at half time too). When I sprained my ankle over the summer, the initial pain was really bad, and I knew it was only going to get worse...but I was walking around with very little pain for a few hours afterward. It wasn't until the car ride home that the real pain started, and then over night it was just a constant explosion of pain.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday   Roethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 5:20 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
I'd almost rather him not play. The team is almost guaranteed to make it to the playoffs regardless...but it would be a huge blow if he went out and played and just got hurt more. One more week and the ankle should be much better.

As to how he could play, he's absolutely spot on (and he probably had some pain killers at half time too). When I sprained my ankle over the summer, the initial pain was really bad, and I knew it was only going to get worse...but I was walking around with very little pain for a few hours afterward. It wasn't until the car ride home that the real pain started, and then over night it was just a constant explosion of pain.

I'm with you. I think we can beat San Fran with Batch if the game plan is right. Play smart defense kinda like we did against the Patriots. Stop the run and jam all receivers coming off the line to knock them out of sinc. But the other side will be the issue. The line needs to step up and block both for Batch and for Mendy/Redman and I'd like to see their roles reversed. Let Redman soften up the D and then put Mendy in for a change up.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday   Roethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:21 am

Right now, I'd be surprised if Ben plays. It's just not worth risking further injury.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday   Roethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:42 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Right now, I'd be surprised if Ben plays. It's just not worth risking further injury.

You're right. Win or loose we still make the playoffs if we win out after this game. I just think the Rats are gonna choke Sunday and a win can be huge for us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday   Roethlisberger’s ankle feels worse, targeting Saturday Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1