Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever” Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever”

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fer69

fer69

Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever” Empty
PostSubject: Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever”   Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever” EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:20 pm

Posted by Josh Alper on July 3, 2013, 10:42 AM EDT

AP
During this week’s visit to London, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said that he wants to finish his career with more Super Bowl rings than the four won by former Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw.

It won’t be easy for Roethlisberger to win three more Super Bowls and it will be impossible if he isn’t healthy enough to remain on the field. It’s a good thing for him, then, that his offseason knee surgery has left him feeling like he traveled back in time.

“It feels great, it feels better than ever, like it’s a brand new knee and I feel younger than ever, I feel good,” Roethlisberger said during an interview with 7msport.com that was filmed in front of the Big Ben familiar to those who think football is a sport played largely by kicking the ball.

Roethlisberger doesn’t do any kicking, so he won’t have to stress his knee that way, and he’s never been much of a runner. His knee needs to be sound enough for him to maintain his escapability in the pocket and it sounds like he’s confident he’ll be able to do that come the start of the season.

Roethlisberger has only played all 16 games once in his career, so the fountain of youth he feels he’s discovered hardly guarantees that he’ll be in the lineup every week this season. That helps explain why the Steelers actually did go younger at backup quarterback this offseason, acquiring Bruce Gradkowski and Landry Jones to replace the well-seasoned Charlie Batch/Byron Leftwich tandem.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/03/ben-roethlisberger-says-his-knee-feels-better-than-ever/

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever”   Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever” EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:00 am

O line stays healthy, Haley's offense actually clicks this year, Ben throws shorter routes, it could happen. Time will tell.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever”   Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever” EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 11:52 am

Drizztbob wrote:
O line stays healthy, Haley's offense actually clicks this year, Ben throws shorter routes, it could happen.  Time will tell.
Yep, I'm feeling quite optimistic about the offense this year. With Ben and Haley on the same page, if they can avoid a lot of injuries, I think the offense will start to click.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever”   Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever” EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 11:26 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Drizztbob wrote:
O line stays healthy, Haley's offense actually clicks this year, Ben throws shorter routes, it could happen.  Time will tell.
Yep, I'm feeling quite optimistic about the offense this year. With Ben and Haley on the same page, if they can avoid a lot of injuries, I think the offense will start to click.

If we look at the first half of last year, it was clicking very well. As mentioned already, if the O-line can stay healthy and if the new O-line coach and his scheme works out, our offense could be extremely productive this year. Its going to be very fun to watch.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever”   Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever” EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 8:41 am

Just because it feels better doesn't mean you need to be testing it out, running around like a spring chicken. Be smart, get rid of the ball and avoid too much contact.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever” 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever”   Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever” Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever”
Page 1 of 1